• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

If you dont like the game prices for this gen, wait for sales. That will save you money.

kingfey

Banned
That is it. Dont whine about the game prices right now. We allowed this to happen. We did with that mtx dlc horse. And now we have tons of shitty mtx games. People spend $120+ on collector edition. No way companies will make their launch games cheap. Even ms will join them in the future.

Vote with your wallets.

I jumped out of this bridge, since it was not worth spending 70$ on a game, which I will play it for once, and not touch it again,. Its not worth wasting your money.

As for gamepass, Value depends on your time. I have university online classes right now, and I dont have time for games. So currently, gamepass is worthless to me. I will need to wait summer break to use gamepass. If you are like me, games would be the last priority, especially if you are pursuing bachelor degree. So gamepass isnt worth it, since it will distract your studies.

kingfey

Banned
I have been busy with college life. Its hard to join you guys.
Tired Giving Up GIF by Label1

Last edited:

Aldynes

They're always sales with good amount of % off, I rarely buy something at full price, when it's something like a solo game, which I know I could play later down the line, I prefer to wait some months to pick it up cheap, If it's a game heavily depending on online for multiplayer, I will buy it day one if I'm really planning to spend time on it, you kind of have to be there when the game is active and new for everybody, other than that there's Gamepass also.

I love buying used games of Ebay and Amazon.
This gen has been great for us eBayers. With all the bundles for PS5s, people are putting up the games they don't want for sale still in shrink wrap. I picked up Returnal, Spider Man MM Ultimate Edition, Demon's Souls for about 40-45 each a while back. You could also buy MLB The Show or Ratchet for a pretty good price too. The best part is that all of these were sold brand new still in shrink wrap.

This is why I got a disc PS5.

kingfey

Banned
Life wouldn't feel the same without a kingfey thread
Hey, this is offensive. That guy was a loser, who had nothing but post, because he was bored. I am not him. I am not involved with whatever these 2 big companies do. I found a hobby I like now.

I play fifa these days, since its 1 match 10m during relax time. or watch soccer games, when I want to relax from studying. Those console shit are out of my mind. I need to focus on my studies, and not waste time.

Work and university life is hard.

Vagswarm

Most def. I was looking at the best game of 2021 thread, and realized that I haven't purchased a single game that came out this year. It's been all Steam sales from previously released titles. lol

Honestly can't remember the last time I paid full price for a game. Most of the Switch titles were picked up during Black Friday.

Fbh

Yeah.
Though sales on console aren't as good as they used to be. Sony seems to be taking longer than usual to significantly discount their newer games, and with the new $70 price tag you are now looking at "end of the world holy shit black friday discount fantasia" sales .....with $50 games.

Last edited:
So kingfey kingfey you were making too many threads, got called out on it and requested a self ban. While banned, you attempted to create a second account to start over. But that got banned. And here you are back making these "wonderful" and insightful threads.

Last edited:

Guilty_AI

So kingfey kingfey you were making too many threads, got called out on it and requested a self ban. While banned, you attempted to create a second account to start over. But that got banned. And here you are back making these "wonderful" and insightful threads.
who cares, instead of worrying about him you should try requesting for a wage already.

kingfey

Banned
nah. I am on quit mode. I saw hfw situation. and posted this. I have no interest in getting involved again. my college life is up, and I need to focus on my life. Its not worth getting involved again. This is my last post. and this site would be a memory for me.

LordPezix

This is very true. Very rarely do I buy a new game. Between steam sale events, GOG, and cdkeys paying full price for a game almost seems pointless. Yeah you'll be "behind" everybody but so what.

Buy game at a discount (Walmart, best buy, amazon, eBay, check around. Never pay full price at launch.)

Beat game.

Sell on EBay immediately after.

Your hobby is now reasonable. I used to have an entire corner of a bedroom worth of shoeboxes filled with games that I never played more than once. Don't be a sucker.

Fare thee well

Neophyte
70 dollars would be a bargain if a game was actually complete, released with what it promised, and didn't have some fucking store involving gems, pearls, jewels, shards, diamonds...

50071351.jpg

70 dollars would be a bargain if a game was actually complete, released with what it promised, and didn't have some fucking store involving gems, pearls, jewels, shards, diamonds...

50071351.jpg
Which is why I'm ok with Sony doing it. They are doing $70 INSTEAD of GaaS. Other companies are doing both (looking at you 2K).

Last edited:

Urban

That is it. Dont whine about the game prices right now. We allowed this to happen. We did with that mtx dlc horse. And now we have tons of shitty mtx games. People spend $120+ on collector edition. No way companies will make their launch games cheap. Even ms will join them in the future.

Vote with your wallets.

I jumped out of this bridge, since it was not worth spending 70$ on a game, which I will play it for once, and not touch it again,. Its not worth wasting your money.

As for gamepass, Value depends on your time. I have university online classes right now, and I dont have time for games. So currently, gamepass is worthless to me. I will need to wait summer break to use gamepass. If you are like me, games would be the last priority, especially if you are pursuing bachelor degree. So gamepass isnt worth it, since it will distract your studies.

wow thank you captain obvious. Your thread changed my whole life.

MacReady13

I picked up Psychonauts 2 full price the other day as I was really longing to play a new 3D platformer and so far I don't regret it but in saying that, I do tend to wait for sales for most of my purchases. I can wait (most of the time) to play the good majority of games that come out.

mortal

Gold Member
>wtf why are they charging $70 for this game?
>gets hyped from watching the latest trailer
>preorders game at full MSRP
mgs-snake.gif

Husky

THE Prey 2 fanatic
Most I ever paid for a game was $50. Second most was $40. I've voted with my wallet, always waited for sales, I didn't get a say in this price increase. My text is darker than yours OP. Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.

Most I ever paid for a game was $50. Second most was $40. I've voted with my wallet, always waited for sales, I didn't get a say in this price increase. My text is darker than yours OP. Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.
I pay full price for several games a month. And my text is freaking bold.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
It is going to boil down to the same thing it was last gen and the gen before that. The games will get bigger and bigger in terms of excitement and anticipation. The launch week is always the best week for a game in terms of industry and community fueled excitement.

You have to quick dodge those clickbait articles that spoil epic boss battles or pivotal plot details. Journalist are out for blood once they get their hands on a review copy. The larger the game, the more people out there trying to spoil it. You can avoid this problem by simply not looking for spoilers, but 9 times out of 10 you run into that one a-hole who doesn’t care.

If I’m excited for a game then I’m spending the money. I get more out of a game than a 2 hour movie for $15-$20. It also feeds that excitement of waiting for the game to come out. There are fewer games that I’ll spend $75 on and that’s only because I’m a lot more selective. Plus, there’s not a ton of games coming out for $75 right now. I loved Demon’s Souls and I was happy to get the Deluxe Edition of that. There’s a time and place. Sometimes it’s worth it and others you learn your lesson.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Just trust a friend or family member and do home sharing for digital copies.

Your price just got cut in half.

It even works for online subs and Game Pass.

Artistic

Didn't GameStop have a membership program similar to Best Buy GCU where you can get a percentage of brand new games? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Top Bottom