• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

If you had to pick One... Best Online Multiplayer Map?

cHinzo

b3d6aa582d.jpg

Cold War from Bad Company 2 (that rush mode!)

and

82a9e30e08.jpg

Dust2 from Counter-Strike.

c0Zm1c

I don't play these kinds of games anymore but Dueling Keeps (Quake 3 Arena) is probably my favourite from back in the day. I'm not sure why though because there was nothing special about it. :\

I used to find that maps I hated at first I would often grow to love over time. Timberland and Danger Canyon being a couple from Halo, and Troubled Waters and The Stronghold from Quake 3 Arena.

Pepin

Hands down Zanzibar from Halo 2 WITH proximity voice intact running bomb or flag game modes. I truly hope this type of map and play returns to Halo.

latest

Came here to say this - Halo was the first time I really got into online MP and it was this map that proved to me how good level design can be, and how much it can affect different modes

Elixist

Ivory Tower , halo 2. i wasnt even spectacular at the map, its just very unique and plays so well, was fun to watch the meta change after everybody had like 50 games on it and the different strategies that would emerge. the balance of the map is just great with different approaches and counters for the areas and graphics were vibrant and clean.

2fort. I don't give a shit if a random TF2 player thinks otherwise. I spent hundreds of hours playing 2fort and don't regret it. I'd happily do it again if the map appeared in another game. The turtling and long standoffs coupled with a great sense of community in server, was always a fun time.

I liked a lot of the shitty old TF2 maps. Radar, Dustbowl, Well. Spent nearly all my time on 2fort though.

Yes, I played the other maps. No, I don't care that you don't agree.

G_Berry

Banned
I've never been too much into multiplayer since I've got too much problems with motion sickness and therefore rather play at my own pace in rather slow games, but I definitely had the most fun playing America's Army back in the days and even joined a clan.

My favourite map must've been SF CSAR.

Plus, there has never been anything more dramatic and fun than playing CTF on Waterfall with some friends at a LAN party... haha, we've been screaming at each other, loved the vibes, this map is bringing back some nostalgia.
Shiiiiiiiiiit I forgot about that game. That sick hospital map where you had to get the VIP out. So good.

Effect

Arica Harbor from BC2 comes to mind for me.

aricaharbor_map1.jpg

Going have to go with Arica Harbor as well. That map is designed really well on both the offensive and defensive side. Yet allows for the some intense situations. What potentially breaks is snipers raining down fire but if you can control for that I think it's the best map in Bad Company 2 and I would even say for many other games. There are few if any glaring issues with I think.

Catvoca

Banned
Guardian from Halo 3 is a personal favorite. the Pit is amazing also. I'd also throw Terminal from Modern Warfare 2 and Vacant from COD 4 into the mix.

mightyradish

Neo Member
Uncharted 2 DLC's Highrise.

uncharted-2-highrise-2.jpg

My favorite map in one of my favorite multiplayer experiences.

It's so fun to take over someone's sniping spot on the high roof by pulling them over the ledge and dropping them 40 stories to their death.

Top Bottom