• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

If you're in my Mario Kart 8 room, please download in the background! No input lag!

ABD

Always Be Downloadin'

But no, please people, stop all the downloading. You're ruining fun for everyone else. Everyone! Playing Mario Kart 8.

Deepo

MgRnZdb.jpg

ChrisD

ABD

Always Be Downloadin'

But no, please people, stop all the downloading. You're ruining fun for everyone else. Everyone! Playing Mario Kart 8.

The thread could be renamed to fit any other online game. Laggy players suck in Mario Kart as much as they do in Counterstrike as much as they do in League of Legend.

Sorry if I'm just reading your post wrong and you're not mocking the wording used.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
How do you have fun racing on RR64? Most of the race is decided on the first turn lol.

I've come back and won on that track. Once. With a bullet bill.

Love the visuals and music for that track, but the track itself is terrible for racing since it benefits the people in front and punishes the people behind them more than any other track. It's very short, easy, and has few item boxes.

Well, Toad's Turnpike has that problem too, on top of being boring as hell.

Azure J

How do you have fun racing on RR64? Most of the race is decided on the first turn lol.

Someone clearly hasn't had a frenemy to abuse bump boosts and drafts with. Actually you also haven't gotten your Initial D on along the edges of the track in a inward drift bike either.

That stuff is THRILLING.

ChrisD

It's boring and benefits top speed characters. New RR and SNES RR are vastly superior.

I'm biased due to the music, but gameplay wise SNES RR is definitely funner. Either way, none of them are in the same league of bore as Toad's Turnpike.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Someone clearly hasn't had a frenemy to abuse bump boosts and drafts with. Actually you also haven't gotten your Initial D on along the edges of the track in a inward drift bike either.

That stuff is THRILLING.

I always drift on the absolute inside with bikes when possible. And it ruins me because I sometimes go an inch too far and end up in the grass (or worse, off the edge) or I get bumped. But I live life on the edge. Literally. The edge of the track.

ffdgh

Rainbow Road 64 is a great track, stop sucking KartGAF.

NEVER!!!! Rainbow Road 64 is awesome!!

You calling the best Rainbow Road a bad track? For shame.

Sorry but the race is almost always over after the first set of item boxes or a screw up. Besides RR7 has spoiled me with it's one lap perfection.

It's boring and benefits top speed characters. New RR and SNES RR are vastly superior.

See? They get it :p

Chastten

Banned
Don't even play much online anymore or anything, but didn't realize this was still a thing.

Back in the early days of WoW, downloading something and gaming at the same time was pretty much impossible for me, but these days there shouldn't be an issue with that whatsoever.

Azure J

Sorry but the race is almost always over after the first set of item boxes or a screw up. Besides RR7 has spoiled me with it's one lap perfection.

Spineless defeatists I tell ya. I clearly need to hop back in and find daredevils like Papercuts to show you all how it's done. :p

Frauds!

Roo

N64 Rainbow Road and Toad's Turnpike are GOAT.
You guys simple suck at them.

*inbeforeiceiceoutpostcomment*
>.>
<.<
;_;

Xemnas89

Yeah I've experienced this too. Didn't know what was causing it but it was certainly annoying. I always make sure I'm not downloading anything when I play online so there's no potential issue.

The thread could be renamed to fit any other online game. Laggy players suck in Mario Kart as much as they do in Counterstrike as much as they do in League of Legend.

Sorry if I'm just reading your post wrong and you're not mocking the wording used.

No I agree, lag messes up every game. People think that having a high ping rate just affects themselves, when it makes a whole game messy for everyone.

Though I think everyone agrees that Nintendo's servers are a lot less stable on the best of days, so someone coming with a high ping is extra wonk.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
When most people "download" it is actually torrenting, and when it comes to that their downloading is actually much less the issue with games rather than their uploading, which is completely dominated by the torrent.

69wpm

Here I am buying a LAN adapter, forwarding ports, finding the mtu value that fits my connection to have the perfect conditions for online play, and some idiot on the other sides is downloading pron while gaming. Great. I wish Nintendo would start implementing some kind of ignore or report function in all games so those people get the ban hammer treatment.

I understand that not everybody has a great internet connection, but purposely worsening the situation is really annoying.

woopWOOP

Are these the same people who lag out and stay motionless for 3 seconds before speeding off at the speed of light to where they're supposed to be at?

Nothing more annoying than a motionless heavy racer bumping my light character into the grass then speeding off like he was never there.

(the item lag thing's really annoying too, yes)

ffdgh

Are these the same people who lag out and stay motionless for 3 seconds before speeding off at the speed of light to where they're supposed to be at?

Nothing more annoying than a motionless heavy racer bumping my light character into the grass then speeding off like he was never there.

(the item lag thing's really annoying too, yes)

Yep the very same. Really hoping they tone down the weight stat in the next patch...again.

Azuran

Banned
PreyingShark, what did you just do? Now Enforced is going to start abusing this since you gave him a win condition.

They should allow you to display custom messages while you wait for the course to be picked, "TURN YOUR DAMN TORRENTS OFF" could be one.

Thread makes me want to join mkgaf for some races

Mr-Joker

Banned

Just wanted to say that RR64 is dumb.

All of you people made it to my enemies lists.

Rainbow Road 64 has the best music everrr.

Top Bottom