• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

If you're in my Mario Kart 8 room, please download in the background! No input lag!

Fandangox

Are you sure

fVlDyPO.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDCAKqjwIvA

Fun times I had, on that one.

Neff

I don't care how good your connection is, if you're willingly downloading anything at all while you're playing online with me, you're an asshole.

I check to make sure I'm not downloading anything before I play online, and I expect others to extend the same courtesy.

It's worse (= even better) in MK7 imo.
I think the main issue with it in MK7 wasn't so much the track itself but how certain people would spam it over and over again so in some sessions I would play it a billion times. This is mostly fixed in 8. That issue sorta went away once you started playing in rooms with a high average VR where most people just picked "?", though.

I think the main issue with it in MK7 wasn't so much the track itself but how certain people would spam it over and over again so in some sessions I would play it a billion times. This is mostly fixed in 8. That issue sorta went away once you started playing in rooms with a high average VR where most people just picked "?", though.

Yeah I agree ;)

My bad, I didn't realize you were talking about randoms. It doesn't have it for that. :/

Only for friends you have played with. It shows the strength of the connection.
I never realized that it had it for that either. Now I can use it to both judge and criticize my dearest friends :D

That title change is pure evil!

Earlier tonight 7 of us from GAF were doing WWs.

Here is why I made this thread. That might have been the laggiest race I was ever in and I feel that that ending proves it. What the fuck is that red shell even doing?
Actually I made the thread because that tweet pissed me off but that's besides the point right

EDIT: And as a bonus, at 14s you can see a red shell just disappear. The race was funny but holy christ.

Who

Banned
I don't get the snarky thread title change... He brought up a good point?

Mod just trying to be funny??

Ha ha ha?

I hate this too OP

I found the thread title change pretty funny so I don't have a problem with it. After all, this thread is essentially me bitching about some dumbass on Twitter. I was sorta asking for it. :p

I've got a stupid question for you folks. I can understand not downloading torrents while playing online games. It's something I don't do.

What about streaming? Like, let's say you've got a YouTube playlist in the background while playing an online game. Is that just as bad for bandwidth. I'm genuinely curious since that's something I do a lot with single player games.

Dr. Buni

I've got a stupid question for you folks. I can understand not downloading torrents while playing online games. It's something I don't do.

What about streaming? Like, let's say you've got a YouTube playlist in the background while playing an online game. Is that just as bad for bandwidth. I'm genuinely curious since that's something I do a lot with single player games.
You are downloading the video during the streaming. It is the exact same thing.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
You don't have to not do it at all. You just have to make sure that you have more than enough bandwidth left over for the game.

Bandwidth isn't really an issue, it's latency (ping). The more places you are actively transferring data to/from, the worse your latency will be for the game.

Top Bottom