• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN: 5 Reasons Wii U is Worth Owning

I agree with #1, Smash for Wii U is too good to miss. There's also the many other AMAZING games like Pikmin 3, Bayo 1+2, W101, Donkey Kong, Mario Kart 8, and more.

And screw Zelda, it's all about Splatoon and Xenoblade Chronicles X next year.

And that's without mentioning the upcoming Kirby, Yoshi, and Star Fox games. Wii U ftw.

Splatoon should have been Mario Sunshine 2.

Do we need a new thread every bloody time someone says something about the Wii U.

I cant see why this bothers at you; heh, its like you passionately hate Wii U.

DKHustlin

i agree with the guy who said third part games are awful actually :p big reason why i never got a ps3 or 360 is cause no 3rd party really caught my eye enough to want to buy one of the systems

WiiU seems to be getting into a stride lately, i think the article raises some good points, but its not surprise these good feelings coincide with good software being released.

cacildo

Seriously? Well, that could explain why third party games sell the way they do on the Wii U. Seems like quite a few Nintendo fans have this exact same mentality. That is only detrimental or even fatal to Nintendo at the end since they and loyal consumers are missing out on many games. Yeah, some of those third party games are pretty good also and bring diversity to the line-up.

So now i have the obligation to buy games i dont like. Yeah, this is great.

Splatoon should have been Mario Sunshine 2.

I cant see why this bothers at you; heh, its like you passionately hate Wii U.

Why? Splatoon is a multiplayer game that has an amazing artstyle and it's a new IP that looks pretty good.

The squid mechanic looks AMAZING, I don't see how that would have worked with Mario.

Why? Splatoon is a multiplayer game that has an amazing artstyle and it's a new IP that looks pretty good.

The squid mechanic looks AMAZING, I don't see how that would ahve worked with Mario.

I'd be willing to bet unreasonably large subsidies that the same guy would have bitched that Nintendo have no new IPs if it was Mario.

But apparently it was totally meant to be a Mario game originally...

I'd be willing to bet unreasonably large subsidies that the same guy would have bitched that Nintendo have no new IPs if it was Mario.

That is what I was thinking,

It is funny how Nintendo can do a totally new style game like Luigi's Mansion and people lump it in as "a rehashed Mario game" just because it has a Mario character when the game itself is nothing like a Mario game.

That is part of the reason that it is refreshing when they don't use characters from the Mario universe. It makes it seem more like its own thing.

redcrayon

Nintendo basically still has to figure out a way to shake the somewhat unfair perception of their consoles being "toys" and having a lower value than more mature, versatile "entertainment devices".

I don't think the lack of sales is just a matter of people believing the console is of lower value than the price, it's a whole litany of errors. Eventually journalists will try and reduce it to a simple narrative, but really it's down to at least half a dozen major problems, from the lack of nurturing western third party support over the last decade, to unique hardware that isn't easy to port to when developing multiplats, and the marketing etc.

Likewise, people aren't just buying a PS4 because they think it's a grown-up entertainment device, there's way more factors to it than that, from the marketing to games etc etc.

Besides, seeing as Nintendo software holds it's price for years while 'mature' titles drop like a rock after a couple of months (at least here in the UK), what does that say about perception of the value of the games? It seems like we have hardware that's seen as disposable on one hand and games that are of high quality on the other, and exactly the opposite for the XBO/PS4 :)

ironcreed

Banned
Confession time. The past few months I have been so side tracked with my Xbox One and PS4, that I lent my basic to a friend and, like a fool, have not even played it. *Bows head in shame*

Time to rectify that. I just sold my basic to my friend who fell in love with the system and ordered myself a new Deluxe and Bayonetta 2. As much as I am enjoying my PS4 and Xbox One, I can't be without the Wii U. I love the system that much.

Top Bottom