• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN fell for it.

Oh my. Oh trioly sad.

I think some of these gaming "news" sites should hire some real journalists that will actually try and validate stories by actually calling the sources, like Konami. What jokers.

Aeon712

Groovester said:
triologyboxww2.jpg

hope you all like it :lol

EDIT: added award

Winner:lol

CrapSandwich

former Navy SEAL
IGN have always included rumoured and unannounced titles in their listings, so it's never been a positively accurate account. I can't imagine why they're so flip about it, but there it is.

Still, a job well done, NeoGAF. Cheers.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Looks like they can't even delete things right either

Ohh and they added, "This rumored release of Metal Gear Solid was erroneously reported and does not exist."

:lol

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.
What do you think happens at IGN when these things go down? Do they get yelled at? Avoid eye contact with each other for a few days and pretend it never happened? I expect it's the latter unless.

scarybore

Wario64 said:
Looks like they can't even delete things right either

Ohh and they added, "This rumored release of Metal Gear Solid was erroneously reported and does not exist."

:lol

Rumored my ass! They made it even worse! :lol

HomShaBom

Banned
Mama Smurf said:
What do you think happens at IGN when these things go down? Do they get yelled at? Avoid eye contact with each other for a few days and pretend it never happened? I expect it's the latter unless.

I bet the person who added it was so excited he/she would be able to tell the other staffers.

MarkRyan

Sam Houser fucked my wife
Ginko said:
I sometimes wonder if they actually think about the story before typing it down, poor IGN.
To my knowledge, there was no story written. Just a database entry. And there are lots of rumored games in the database. It's a database.

DCX

DCX
OMG!! This is just rich, wow...the power GAF has...is unbelieveable, Triology? Just awesome. I heard, no wait...it's official:

January 11, 2007
Somewhere, Japan

Konami will release Metal Gear Solid 4 on the XBOX 360 exclusively through it's Xbox Live Arcade Service and split up in downloadable chapters. Prcing has yet to be announced but Peter Moore had this to say about the deal. " **** Sony up their corporate asses!! STFU you dumb ****S, OWNZ youz all" Sony declined to comment on this story. With the newly annouced MGS : Triology, Konami has determined the winnar of the next gen wars.

DCX

I actually think IGN lacks the legal rights to outright delete stuff from their DBs. I asked to get my account nuked, wiped, sent to hell and never to be seen again, and IGN responded with something along the lines of "we're sorry, but we no longer have the means to delete accounts"

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
AltogetherAndrews said:
I actually think IGN lacks the legal rights to outright delete stuff from their DBs. I asked to get my account nuked, wiped, sent to hell and never to be seen again, and IGN responded with something along the lines of "we're sorry, but we no longer have the means to delete accounts"

They do it seems.

Fluid Acid is flowing no more :(

Looks like they've left the Triology there as a monument to the power of GAF.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
lol what the hell is wrong with IGN, Metal Gear Solid: Triology [pwned by Neo-GAF title] ?

Top Bottom