• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN fell for it.

CamHostage

Mama Smurf said:
What do you think happens at IGN when these things go down? Do they get yelled at? Avoid eye contact with each other for a few days and pretend it never happened? I expect it's the latter unless.

If it's a news story that goes up that's pure crap, yeah, you figure out how the hell to come back up from stepping that deep in shit.

But this was just a listing that wasn't meant to be live, nobody but Neo-GAF (and everybody that everybody here now sends this thread along to) would have seen it if they hadn't searched it out by name. The DB person was setting stuff up ahead of time based on rumors and fan send-ins, and they put it live accidentally instead of deadpooling it.

Same dude who made that listing made this one, BTW:

http://cheats.ign.com/objects/844/844520.html

andthebeatgoeson

Now it delivers. :lol

neojubei said:
wow this is everywhere

1up boards

I emailed my xbox fanboy co-worker. i am so cruel.

Man, have that guy come in and take a bow. Check it:
I jumped up and down at my office when i read this thread lol.

Although I don't see this posting anywhere on the website. Maybe I need to look a little harder
Am I still dreaming?, This is like the news of the year and really doesnt make me want to even bother with the PS3 since MGS is the only "exclusive" series that could make me buy another system. Kojima-San must have finally seen the light. Im sure this will elevate the MGS series to a new level of artistry. Can't hardly wait.
Oh my god.... im seriously going to go masterbate at the thought of this.... MGS 1 and MGS 3 are two of my favorite games MGS 2... er... not so much but its a decent playthrough. Now all i have to say is Hey seph and the other handful of people who thought MGS would NEVER happen again its time to say we all told you so. Now this ISNT MGS 4 granted but honestly.... we get 3 upgraded versions of classics (with achievements :smileywink and i think that is more than enough and also opens the possibility for MGS 4 and even games like DMC to finally appear on the 360 like... OMG could we see a Re-vamp of all the DMC games? Now excuse me while i go masterbate to a picture of solid snake
I think I just pee'd a little!

Bravo.

Drakken

I don't have much respect for IGN, but I wouldn't have thought they could mess up this badly. To add a game entry based on that obviously fake PR (well, I guess it wasn't obvious to them)...that's just amazing.

Testicular Sound Express said:
trilogycopymf4.jpg

rofl i should send this in.

Seriously, that's an awesome boxart right there. Nice work.

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.
This reminds me of the time milhouse (I think) emailed a bullshit rumour to spo-ng (I think) to prove what a piece of shit site they were. They ran the story immediately of course.

vitaflo

What's funny are all the people who saw this and don't know it's a joke and was taken down, who are now spreading the word all over the place. :lol

basis

i duno which is funnier... reading about the goose-up by IGN, or reading the replies in this legendary thread ;D

icecream

Public Health Threat
Wow, makes one wonder what would most gaming sites do if NeoGAF didn't exist... to consistently read and scan for news and then report it to their own site sounds silly.

J-Rzez

In fact, an incredible moment for forums across the net, quite an accomplishment!

Any reactions yet from the people that hated MGS, said it was crap, thought it was coming to their console, then saw the light, then got hit in those eyes with pepper spray finding out it was something that originated on here?

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
J-Rzez said:
In fact, an incredible moment for forums across the net, quite an accomplishment!

Any reactions yet from the people that hated MGS, said it was crap, thought it was coming to their console, then saw the light, then got hit in those eyes with pepper spray finding out it was something that originated on here?

All you need to do is go to any gaming board on the internet. Trust me this will go global if it hasn't already.:D

I can see it now. some random spanish website will post this news, then some german one, korean, then it comes full circle back to GAF.

And Triology will be the new internets spelling of Trilogy.

Geez IGN throws you guys a bone and you attention whores gobble it up.

THis is nothing compared to RARE being bought by microsoft thing that Wilco started.

Top Bottom