• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo on a power trip? Former IGN writer Alanah Pearce suspended from Twitch after copyright strike...

F0rneus

Tears in the rain

The footage she was watching on her Twitch came...from Nintendo. And yeah she confirmed the strike was got was from Nintendo themselves. What the hell are they thinking?

EDIT. Can a mod update thread title to former IGN writer? I think she writes for Sony now.

Last edited:

SeraphJan

From a Youtuber (or viewers) perspective this sucks.

But If I were Nintendo, I probably would do the same to ensure ToTK's launch, some time the interest of different perspective just doesn't align

Last edited:

Fart Knight

Al Pachinko, Konami President
Dave Chappelle Gotcha GIF

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Off topic, but I wonder if she had plastic surgery recently. Something looks different around her eyes and top of her nose.

Not that it matters, just looks different.

Mr Hyde

If Nintendo are this ruthless to people just watching Zelda-streams on Twitch you gotta wonder what they'll do to the individual who leaked Tears of the Kingdom on the internet.

200.gif

Ozriel

M$FT
Why? YouTubers and twitch streamers are leeches whose use false clickbait titles for views. I say let them all burn.

Oh, I’ve no love for these people.

Just wanted the chaos. Nintendo is known for being litigation heavy so it would have been something different to see them take some of their medicine.

The Skull

Couldn't you say this about everyone playing games on Twitch?
Absolutely but at least if a streamer is playing a game, it's their playthrough so their content that took some effort on their part to do. Reacting just seems to me to be one of the laziest form of clickbait crap.

Well, it happens. Just appeal to it and better luck next time, I guess. Can't do much when it's all automated and Nintendo is salivating to "stop" those LoZ:TotK leaks from spreading more. It sucks but it is what it is.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Looked up some stuffs. She is already unbanned. Nintendo had a false DMCA flag. A lot of stuff on Twitch is automated so it got triggered.

Nintendo is probably going to flag anything TotK related until launch day given all the leaks and Emu happy pirates sailing Wind Waker's Sea with reckless abandon. I'm sure the journalist drama primarily with Kotaku doesn't help either.

Last edited:
Top Bottom