• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN fell for it.

Saoh

:lol :lol IGN is so easy. first Demi getting their DS bar code and now this! :lol

congrats to Reno, and that didnt even looked like a PR article :p

Red Scarlet

Teknopathetic said:
"Wow.

That's almost as funny as the one time they published the IGN PS2 frontpage completely blank! "

Or the time when you were working at IGN and YOU threatened to sue GAF.

I've heard tidbits, is the long version of what happened any good?

hellawesomekk6vm4pm1.gif

SonnyBoy

I joined after most of the epic threads happened....I used to lean back and wonder if I'd ever witness something like this.

GAF, thank you.

tanasten

glad to heard people isn't stupid anymore
[pwned by Neo-GAF title]

What the?

Oh My God! :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

EMBee99

all that he wants is another baby
So who posted the fake news that Capcom just got bought by Microsoft?

Someone link that?

Anyone?

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
EMBee99 said:
So who posted the fake news that Capcom just got bought by Microsoft?

Someone link that?

Anyone?
I saw that rumor posted over at EvilAv. Dunno if it originated here though...

Busty

Banned
When something seems to good to be true... it usually is.

:lol Can't wait to hear Luke's rant on this subject on this week's 1up Your, especially after the 'stealing our bit' debacle.

:D - Ahhhh, good times.

As funny as this is, all the people saying, "omfg, let's make more fake news lolzorz!" has me worried. Let's not get out of hand with this.

kaleii

Sugarman said:
As funny as this is, all the people saying, "omfg, let's make more fake news lolzorz!" has me worried. Let's not get out of hand with this.

Exactly. Keep a low profile for a while.

the thoroughbred said:
So is RanoNL the gaffer who made this fake press release? And everyone here knew it was a joke post, but IGN fell for it?

What is so funny in NPD thread?

And whats the other GAF point for?

They also fell for Metal Gear Solid: Fluid AC!D

Nameless

What thread on GAF did this originally come from, and who came up with it.. They should be enshirned for ever in the GAF HoF, made a mod even!

CamHostage

Squall5042 said:
What were the implications of Demi getting IGN's DS barcode?

castle007 said:
I think he still has it registered :lol

The idiots put up a picture of a DS lite, and it wasn't registered.

I still don't get it, what does it matter about registering a DS Lite? Did somebody get to jump their NWFC so they couldn't log in? Or did Demi just register the system with Nintendo and put "IGN's Dickfor" as a login name? Couldn't IGN just buy a new DS Lite if somebody messed with the registration? What happens when you get somebody else's DS barcode?

Jiguryo

Aryan mech phallus gun
LakeEarth said:
I think you have to do it right when the thread starts. If you already know its an epic thread, where's the challenge?

Yup, I actually was aware of that. It was just for comic relief, even if not funny :p

Firestorm

I still don't get how you could not think it's fake when you read "Metal Gear Flu!d" for ZUNE. It was a dead giveaway right there >_>

boutrosinit

Street Fighter IV World Champion
IGN shitness confirmed total.

Did anyone get snapshots before they changed everything? This needs to live on forever.

Top Bottom