• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN: Gears of War 4 Coming to Windows 10

ethomaz

Banned
Like anybody believed in the Gamespot typo lol lol lol

Of course all games listed before will come to PC... wait... Windows 10.

Actually, don't consider this a confirmation of anything.

I have the full recording of Phil Spencer's remarks.He made absolutely no mention of Gears 4. This is probably IGN's writer's derp.

Gears of War 4 was not mentioned at all in the whole showcase event.
Maybe another mistaken leak... ops... typo lol

Zexen

Meh, I'm not that interested about Forza 6, as we already have plenty of Sim Racing on PC that are better than Forza will ever be (unless they go for full sim someday). This said, I would gladly welcome Horizon anyday, even if it was Store only.

I can't believe MS won't do anything regarding the problems games have with it after the GFWL fiasco (OSD, VSync, Fullscreen etc...)

Abriael

Banned
Well, I agree with you technically, but IMO it's pretty likely they do know it's coming and just didn't know they weren't supposed to talk about it yet.

I can guarantee that most people that do this job know very well what they're supposed to talk about or not.

We get pretty lengthy and intimidating checklists/NDAs on what can be shared what cannot and what not.

Now, I have few doubts that it might come in the future (my speculation), but in this context, nothing was shared, so nothing is real until it is.

IGN corrected the article. It no longer mentions Gears 4. This is now what it says

Those people can play Forza Motorsport 6: Apex, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Gear of War Ultimate Edition, Ori and the Blind Forest, Quantum Break, Minecraft on VR, and other upcoming Windows 10 games like Sea of Thieves, and Fable Legends

jacobeid

Banned
If this, Scalebound, and Forza Horizon are true then I'm likely going to dump my XB1.

And no, I am not even remotely upset.

Angel_DvA

Why the fuck ?... I bought a fucking Xbox One for Gears of War, it's my favorite online IP ever, whatever at this point, I hope for cross buy now, I will still buy it and play the single player on PC and multiplayer on Xbox because it's where more people will be at I guess...

Foul me as much as you can but like I said previously, it's the last time I get a Xbox platform, Sony + PC + Nintendo will be my best go for next gens.

chozen

I think Halo 3 for PC is inbound then. 2017 is the Halo 3 10th anniversary and 343 may do the remake and the whole trilogy will be re-done, and probably re-released on pc.

As much as I love Gears 4 Coming to PC. I am still getting on my Xbox one. I love my PC and all but I don't wanna upgrade to window 10. Am happy with window 7.

Kssio_Aug

Why the fuck ?... I bought a fucking Xbox One for Gears of War, it's my favorite online IP ever, whatever at this point, I hope for cross buy now, I will still buy it and play the single player on PC and multiplayer on Xbox because it's where more people will be at I guess...

Foul me as much as you can but like I said previously, it's the last time I get a Xbox platform, Sony + PC + Nintendo will be my best go for next gens.

Gears 4 doesnt even have an relase date. You bought it waaay too early! Also, you can sell your XB1 if you're not happy with it.

If Gears 4 gets a confirmation for Windows 10, no one loses anything.

Angel_DvA

As much as I love Gears 4 Coming to PC. I am still getting on my Xbox one. I love my PC and all but I don't wanna upgrade to window 10. Am happy with window 7.

Win 10 is free and even if it's not as good as Windows 7, it has DX12, you're crazy to not jump on it now.

Gears 4 doesnt even have an relase date. You bought it waaay too early! Also, you can sell your XB1 if you're not happy with it.

But at the time, DR3, Ryse were exclusive, SO interested me and Quantum break was 2015... GOW UE was here too...

I won't sell my Xbox One, it's too late now to have a good deal selling it but I'll never buy a console from Microsoft again, that's it.

I'm thinking this is real.

There was a video made about the Halo 5 graphics and a theory that their poor quality is due to a PC version being in the works.

I hope so, then I don't need an Xbox One anymore, and considering the Halo franchise is all but garbage now I really have no reason to stay with the MS brand and the weaker console.

This is all i need left to confirm im building a pc this summer over an xbox one purchase. I get to have a pc and Microsoft gets my money still win/win!

Come on scalebound

Basically once scalebound is confirmed, Im selling my Xbox one and putting the money to new gpu. Ive played nearly every exclusive title in some form at this point and I really do not feel i will be missing much.

I don't know what the Xbox brand is turning into. I'm happy PC users get this especially since I plan on getting a PC and this but I also bought a Xbox One for console exclusive games; doesn't seem like I need it anymore especially if Halo comes over.

It's pretty clear what the Xbox brand will be from now on:

- Ms will focus on the Universal platform for games and apps.
- These will run on many devices, including win pcs and Xboxes.
- The platform allows great performance on xbone (apparently Forza 6 was used as a test for that) as well running on lesse devices, so you can target many performance ranges at once.
- Xbox becomes a constantly refreshed device that always offer great performance for your buck.

Maxim726X

Great news as someone who doesn't own an XBone.

Puzzling move for a company that, presumably, is trying to increase its market share and sales.

It's pretty clear what the Xbox brand will be from now on:

- Ms will focus on the Universal platform for games and apps.
- These will run on many devices, including win pcs and Xboxes.
- The platform allows great performance on xbone (apparently Forza 6 was used as a test for that) as well running on lesse devices, so you can target many performance ranges at once.
- Xbox becomes a constantly refreshed device that always offer great performance for your buck.

Yep, this. It's actually a pretty great plan IMO.

At this point MS would be better off just being upfront with their audience, what with QB and Forza coming to PC, it seems pretty clear that Gears 4 on PC will likely happen now, they seem to be doing more damage, pissing people off by not saying anything.

They also just announced that the Quantum Break TV show, that comes with the game, will no longer be on the disk but will be streamed online instead.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-03-01-quantum-break-tv-episodes-will-be-streamed-not-on-disc

Some gonna be on suicide watch because of this.

I don't understand why anyone would be upset by this. The Xbox division makes money from every PC game sold and that money funnels in to support the console. It's a win win.

People on suicide watch should be the ones who want the Xbox console to fail because the moves that Phil has made should keep the Xbox relevant for years to come.

MEGATON.

CONSOLE WAR OVER.

ByQSoLU.gif

Uncharted 4 is coming to PC? :p

LostDonkey

I don't understand why anyone would be upset by this. The Xbox division makes money from every PC game sold and that money funnels in to support the console. It's a win win.

People on suicide watch should be the ones who want the Xbox console to fail because the moves that Phil has made should keep the Xbox relevant for years to come.

Not to mention the Xbox app on win10 is basically identical to the now revamped Xbox One interface, they are basically one and the same. It's just Xbox on PC-SO it's still technically Xbox exclusive, just you can have that Xbox ecosystem across multiple devices now.

It's like if/when Sony launches PS now on PC, you're still using the Playstation ecosystem just on a different device. It's still a Playstation exclusive game, you can't play it on the Xbox app and vice versa. It would still be a Playstation exclusive service. This is how I see games going forward, more of a service instead of hardware, and that's a good thing in my eyes.

Bring it on. I should be able to sign into my account and play my games regardless of the machine I'm signed in on. That's the future I see anyway.

This makes me really happy.

So glad I sold my Xbox to make my Windows 10 gaming rig the primary entertainment piece in the house.

Gears 4 was the only reason I felt sad for selling my Xbox One. Hope that the MCC makes it, at least just the campaigns. Halo CE at 144hz would be amazing.

This makes me really happy.

So glad I sold my Xbox to make my Windows 10 gaming rig the primary entertainment piece in the house.

Gears 4 was the only reason I felt sad for selling my Xbox One. Hope that the MCC makes it, at least just the campaigns. Halo CE at 144hz would be amazing.

After all this news, I'd be really surprised if we didn't hear about Halo on PC at some point.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Been seriously considering getting a PC for gaming and if true, this is a great reason to sell my Xbox One and just keep my PS4 and the PC for the Microsoft exclusives.

This is an interesting strategy by Microsoft -- and what I said above isn't coming from a fanboy space -- it's a simply matter of economics. Why not have one system (PC) that can play Xbox exclusives (better versions of them, no less) and PC exclusives if this is going to be their approach?

Been seriously considering getting a PC for gaming and if true, this is a great reason to sell my Xbox One and just keep my PS4 and the PC for the Microsoft exclusives.

That's exactly what I did and I feel I made a great decision. I'll be happy to buy games off of the Windows Store as long as Microsoft can correct the limitations (which they seem to be addressing, since G-Sync works and you can disable V-Sync in GoW Ultimate Edition, which you couldn't in RotTR).

kiguel182

The idea of turning the Xbox into a Windows 10 machine equal to PCs has to be one of the most interesting decisions they have ever made. And a good one as far as I'm aware. Just make everything one platform, assure the games run well on the XB1 and then allowing the consumers to choose which hardware suits their needs.

EDIT: The next move is to make the Microsoft Store (and the Xbox) more open. They still lack in support from indies compared to both the PS4 and obviously Steam. If they close the gap there they make a seriously good case for being the best platform to play games. Until then it lacks software.

What a ridiculous thing to say. Gears 4 is scheduled to come out this year. Not knowing the exact date is irrelevant. The point is people bought the x1 to play x1 exclusives. Now there really aren't any. Ms should just sell branded win10 PCs at this point. RIP xbone.

SRTtoZ

So literally no reason to own an XB1 right now besides Halo. If Halo makes the switch them I'm selling the fuck out of my XB1 as fast as possible, but I'm keeping this godly Elite controller for PC.

Master chief collection where are you?

You don't want it, and I'm pretty sure they are trying to bury this thing as far underground as they possibly can. To put things in perspective, they couldn't even fix the glitch in the MS splash screen when you start the game. Don't get me wrong, its come a long way and is serviceable now but I don't think they want to start porting this which could possibly create even more issues than it already has.

Edit: Nevermind, seems like IGN jumped the gun.

Kssio_Aug

What a ridiculous thing to say. Gears 4 is scheduled to come out this year. Not knowing the exact date is irrelevant. The point is people bought the x1 to play x1 exclusives. Now there really aren't any. Ms should just sell branded win10 PCs at this point. RIP xbone.

And...? Too many games this gen already got delayed. You shouldn't expect to buy something so early and see everything going exactly as initially planed. That's why so many people get frustrated with pre-orders or buying consoles for 1 game not even released (see MCC for example). That's impulse buying.

Also, none of said games will be unavailable for Xbox One just because its becoming available on PC. And there are plenty of reasons to buy an Xbox One if you're not a PC gamer. Some people just prefer playing on consoles for convenience (a dedicated gaming system)... some people buy consoles just to play multiplatform games.

I understand some disappointment if you bought a console cause you were interested in exclusives, and turned out that all those games were available to PC down the road, if you have a great PC and enjoy playing it. It's not the end of the world though... sell it.

I have an Xbox One and I don't like it any less because of said announcements. I may consider sell it later, but I'm really not worried... it has exactly what I was expecting it to have, with a plus now: I have a new option.

I don't get the hullabaloo at all. Why is it that Xbox One games that should have been exclusive to that particular platform, that are now coming to PC a bad thing?

I don't get it. Besides bragging rights or the right to say "my console has X amount of exclusives" that line of thinking of selfish, foolish and silly.

I can see folks who own a PC and primarily game on PC who bought an Xbox One for exclusives have a fight to pick (and that has to be a small majority) but besides that small demographic it I don't see anyone having a bone to pick.

Top Bottom