• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN: Metal Gear Solid 4 to be included in The Metal Gear Solid: Master Collection Vol.2

Draugoth

Gold Member
metal-gear-solid-4-1-1024x707.jpg

Following the announcement, Twitter user Nitroid found that the Metal Gear Solid website had added buttons to its franchise timeline for the games included in Vol. 1, plus placeholder buttons for Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots, Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain, and Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker.

After this discovery, IGN reported to have heard from sources that the three games are set to be included in Metal Gear Solid: Master Collection Vol. 2.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
I'm really curious how this is gonna be handled on other platforms

The Stig

From what I've heard about MGS4 it sounds like it will be by far the hardest to port. Luckily the master collection vol.1 will almost certainly make a shit-ton of money to fund it.

Knightime_X

Does this mean Metal Gear Rising will get a standalone remaster / remake or am I just wishfully hoping?
I put Revengeance on the same level as Bloodborne in terms of being a Kick-ass gem of a game.

MarkMe2525

From what I've heard about MGS4 it sounds like it will be by far the hardest to port. Luckily the master collection vol.1 will almost certainly make a shit-ton of money to fund it.
I have seen this sentiment around the internet as well. Looking back, I'm not exactly sure what about the game is going to make it more challenging as compared to other titles. I know they offloaded tasks to the PS3's SPEs, but with the new consoles having 16 threads, it seems like a trivial thing to address.

JOEVIAL

Has a voluptuous plastic labia
Will I be warned not to smoke and watch Snake smoke for 30 minutes or not? I consider that an essential experience.
The image of Snake smoking and the disc loading screen will forever be engraved in my brain.

MGS4 is such an incredible experience. I hope that experience can be replicated for new audiences. It's a game I have only played once, not for reasons of not liking it – it's one of my favorite PS3 games – I just never felt the need to replay it because I remember much of it so vividly.

Definitely one of the best games I have played!
mgs-metal-gear-solid.gif

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
I really need to try this game again. I explicitly bought a PS3 for this game and I wound up hating it at the time. I thought Kojima snapped and went all the way up his own ass.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
The use of the traditional MGS Theme in the trailer is promising
MGS1 looking like it's running in its original resolution is concerning

Last edited:

Xellos

Looking forward to revisiting this. I only played it one time on PS3 and remember it being very fanservice-y and cutscene heavy (more so than any other Kojima game) and not all that great after the first 2 chapters. The installs/loading kept me from returning to it when I still had my PS3. Still, it's been 15 years and I'd like to give it another go.

Vol 1 is physical too, at least PS5 and Switch versions, pre-orders are already available in my country. Not sure about Xbox.

Switch physical version is, sadly, download-in-a-box. There is a game card, but it only has 2.4 GB out of the 24GB of game data.

A.Romero

If you told me 10 years ago that every Yakuza and Metal Gear games would be on Steam one day I'd have called you a fool.

Good stuff.

Most of us would have reacted the same way.

It's great that times have changed. I remember the discussions regarding an universal console and it seems we have pretty much arrived to that through PC/Steam Deck

Honey Bunny

Absolutely not. MGS1/2/3 are all MUCH better than 4, and 5 is definitely a better playing game (even though 4 has better story, and is actually complete which it gets points for)
I didn't say whether they were better or worse, I said they are full of 'flaws' just like 4 - in awkward controls and cumbersome parts of their story. They're all great though.

LakeOf9

I didn't say whether they were better or worse, I said they are full of 'flaws' just like 4 - in awkward controls and cumbersome parts of their story. They're all great though.
I mean sure they are also full of flaws but every game is full of flaws, unless you meant to directly compare, the statement doesnt mean as much

Honey Bunny

I mean sure they are also full of flaws but every game is full of flaws, unless you meant to directly compare, the statement doesnt mean as much
I do mean to directly compare. They're all about as flawed as 4.

edit: 3 is probably the least 'flawed' of all, but only because it is so straightforward there is so little to go wrong, which makes it the most boring of the mainline entries.

Last edited:
Top Bottom