• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN Give Perfect Dark Zero A Score In Their Review

Diffense

Though there's so much to do in Perfect Dark's single player campaign, it gets tedious after a while

This was becoming a Rare trademark since their late N64 games.
On GC, Starfox adventures is the only game I've ever have had in my possession (I didn't buy it) and not finish due to sheer boredom.

quetz67

Banned
Odysseus said:
Yeah, but they valued multiplayer at a rate of 4.7276696823x that of single player, or something along those lines, with co-op accounting for roughtly 37.287665% of the multiplayer split and split-screen/Live non-campaign modes accounting for the rest. Of course, the margin of error for such splits is plus/minus 2.94457%.

Or something like that, right?
I think you are off by about 0.0001%

quetz67

Banned
Wario64 said:
meh, 1-5 scale is stupid
1-5 scale doesnt automatically mean it is only 5 different ratings, some of them use 0.5 increments.

The problem is how gamestat/ranking sites calculate them. 5/5 should be 95% if an 1.0 increment is used and 97.5 if an 0.5 increment is used.

hgplayer1

quetz67 said:
Oh, paying 350 million for a company maybe they could have asked for a game thats innovative and close to perfect and collects scores at an average of about 95%.

A game that pushes the hardware like Halo did, which was amazing for a first gen game.

why would any of that matter as long as it becomes the best selling title from the launch lineup? honestly do you not think MS is all about the money?

GhaleonEB

quetz67 said:
1-5 scale doesnt automatically mean it is only 5 different ratings, some of them use 0.5 increments.

The problem is how gamestat/ranking sites calculate them. 5/5 should be 95% if an 1.0 increment is used and 97.5 if an 0.5 increment is used.

What? 5/5 is 100%.

Link

The Autumn Wind
hgplayer1 said:
why would any of that matter as long as it becomes the best selling title from the launch lineup? honestly do you not think MS is all about the money?
Because that's what keeps a game selling past the first few months it's out. Halo didn't sell 4 million copies right out the gate, you know.

I'd like a review to mention if it's possible to kill Killien on the rooftops playing Coop. Buddy and I just tried for an hour and I'm convinced it is not. Other than that the Coop is tits, almost as good as Halo's.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
quetz67 said:
Oh, paying 350 million for a company maybe they could have asked for a game thats innovative and close to perfect and collects scores at an average of about 95%.

A game that pushes the hardware like Halo did, which was amazing for a first gen game.

How are you not banned yet? Ive never seen anyone troll a game so prolifically as you, you appear in every PDZ thread. Always focusing on the negative, we get it, you want it to suck, but you're angry because it doesnt.

Dont feel bad, its not your fault it doesnt suck, you can just go on with your life content in your opinion that PDZ is the worst game ever and that Rare is a joke, just try not to bring it into EVERY thread in the forum, becuase it gets a little tedious after a while to read a post, see that its basically a massive piece of bait, then notice its you so ignore it.

Troidal

While I havent played the game, reading Gamespot and 1up.com's review felt like 9.0 was too high a score despite their complaints. Especially Che's from 1up, since I've read his hour-by-hour impressions in addition to the review just didn't seem like a 9.0 game. In that sense, IGN's 8.4 or Gameranking's 88% seems like a closer figure...but oh well.

quetz67

Banned
GhaleonEB said:
What? 5/5 is 100%.
If you have 1-5 rating system a 4 means 80%, thats because it covers the range from 70-90%.

But a 5/5 covers a range from 90-100%, not 90-110% and a 5/5 usually wouldnt score a 100% if a finer scale was available (because no game is perfect).

So a 95% for a 5/5 would be a much better approximation for what a 5/5 means on average.

Or 1 covers 0-20%, 2 covers 21-40%, 3 covers 41-60%, 4 covers 61-80%, 5 covers 81-100%, then a 5/5 would mean 90%

It is of course a little different if the scale actually is 0-5, not 1-5

Shaheed79

dabbled in the jelly
FAnother Take from Douglass C. Perry
the single-player game is surprisinly lacking in originality and innovation. Five years of waiting for this? Hm... PDZ's single-player campaign adds nothing to the genre, but more specifically, the improvements made over the original are minimal and disappointing.
I can't believe it has taken this long for a reviewer to make a direct comparison to the original PD and the so called improvements over the first game. At least he gives me a hint that he was a fan of the first game and knows not to be blown away by guns that turn into turrets and disarming because all that stuff has been in PD since the first game.

Prine said:
True BUT the system is not having any trouble selling, PDZ might not be up to the calibur of Halo but it still delivers. And thats good enough for most

Do you seriously believe that has anything to do with Perfect Dark Zero though? I would be very surprised if this game stays on the charts the way Halo did. It's hard to tell wether it will be the highest seller though maybe it was enough Halo fans who wanted to at least give it a try. But remember Halo sold on word of mouth and strong reccomendations after launch it will be interesting if PDZ gets the same endorsement from the Xbox community.

shpankey

not an idiot
Reilly said:
....so the rollercoaster continues?

GameSpot
9 out of 10

Gamespy
4 out of 5

IGN
8.4 out of 10

1UP
9 out of 10

Worth Playing
8.5 out of 10

TeamXBOX
8.8 out of 10

GameDaily
4 out of 5

Xbox Core
9.4 out of 10

GamerFeed
4 out of 5

Xbox-Evolved
9 out of 10

Talk Xbox
9.7 out of 10

Games First!
4 out of 5

Xbox 365
9 out of 10

Game Zone
9 out of 10

...copy/pasted from gamerankings.com - so it's basically averaging a 9 from all the reviews; pretty evenly [no roller-coastering].

B E N K E

shpankey said:
GameSpot
9 out of 10

Gamespy
4 out of 5

IGN
8.4 out of 10

1UP
9 out of 10

Worth Playing
8.5 out of 10

TeamXBOX
8.8 out of 10

GameDaily
4 out of 5

Xbox Core
9.4 out of 10

GamerFeed
4 out of 5

Xbox-Evolved
9 out of 10

Talk Xbox
9.7 out of 10

Games First!
4 out of 5

Xbox 365
9 out of 10

Game Zone
9 out of 10

...copy/pasted from gamerankings.com - so it's basically averaging a 9 from all the reviews; pretty evenly [no roller-coastering].

I think we already have a winner for next gens most overrated game.

Top Bottom