• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN - "If you're a Nintendo fan, you should probably stay up tonight." [Mario Kart 8]

Nia

IGN huh? Yeah, I think I'll just go to sleep. I can't see there being anything particularly huge revealed about Mario Kart 8 at this point.

Mariolee

Am I the only one who took that tweet from Jose as sarcastic? Like "GAF again knows everything," as he linked to the thread? Maybe I'm over thinking it, but the tweet makes me think that maybe it isn't just MK8...

Yeah, you're over thinking it.

Am I the only one who took that tweet from Jose as sarcastic? Like "GAF again knows everything," as he linked to the thread? Maybe I'm over thinking it, but the tweet makes me think that maybe it isn't just MK8...

You're overthinking it. Don't be apart of the inevitable shitstorm.

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
Full voicechat, your voice gets filtered to match whatever character you race as.

Add Hannah Montana as a playable character and you've got yourself a pretty huge reveal!

Edit: I'm laughing at my own jokes. I'm tired, I need to go to bed, good night y'all.

Toxi

Banned
Get ready for the return of Queen Bee for MK8, followed by her reveal as a playable character in Smash 4. Due to her size, they were unable to also fit Ridley in the game. Please understand.
Nah, the announcement is that Ridley's gonna be in Mario Kart
as the longest track in the game.

Tripon

Jose Otero posted in this very thread explaining that it was just MK8 news.

Kolma

Wouldn't it be great if Nintendo suddenly announced a Wavebird with Rumble for the Wii U?
It would just be a reshelled Pro Controller but think of the sales!
I know how many love cube controllers for smash and kart.

oatmeal

Banned
Pretty much this. They're more into it than most really.

Yeah, but they were truthful about it.

Weren't building stupid hype.

Not sure why it's going to be at midnight PST. Luckily I'm PST...but 3am for East Coasters seems like a dick move.

I hope we get confirmation of the 4-player GP.

(EDIT)
I quoted the wrong person. Meant to quote the "GameXplain tweeted about it hours before" guy.

Yes. Finally they reveal Mario Kart 8 EXPRESS Edition for the Nintendo 3DS.

This version of the game allows you to customize your kart and run through a series of special tracks on the go, away from your Wii U. When you get home, upload your trained racer to the Wii U. This also allows you to store ghost data that can be swapped with people you Streetpass on your 3DS. Never be away from Mario Kart 8!

There is also a Mario Kart 8 online Leaderboard App for the iOS/Android mobile market. Keep track of how well people are doing and view a special MiiVerse specifically for Mario Kart 8. Check your world wide records!

Also, check out the four track demo for the Nintendo Wii U available now! Play as Mario, Peach, Donkey Kong, or Yoshi in this special preview demo!

Also, Yoshi will be in Smash Bros. Check out this trailer!

oatmeal

Banned
This version of the game allows you to customize your kart and run through a series of special tracks on the go, away from your Wii U. When you get home, upload your trained racer to the Wii U. This also allows you to store ghost data that can be swapped with people you Streetpass on your 3DS. Never be away from Mario Kart 8!

There is also a Mario Kart 8 online Leaderboard App for the iOS/Android mobile market. Keep track of how well people are doing and view a special MiiVerse specifically for Mario Kart 8. Check your world wide records!

Also, check out the four track demo for the Nintendo Wii U available now! Play as Mario, Peach, Donkey Kong, or Yoshi in this special preview demo!

All good ideas.

It's even in the thread title.

Watch the backlash and people saying "fucking IGN/Nintendo".

READ. THE. TITLE.

Basically doing this at my desk, reading some of the responses:

tumblr_n3ftwjrRHl1t6jvvlo1_r1_400.gif

Yes. Finally they reveal Mario Kart 8 EXPRESS Edition for the Nintendo 3DS.

That would all be neat! But doubtful.

Mario Kart 8 looks great so I won't be disappointed by anything. Unless it like, sucks now of course.

Top Bottom