• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN - "If you're a Nintendo fan, you should probably stay up tonight." [Mario Kart 8]

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
That moment when you realized you have been saying Lakitu wrong the whole time...
they are saying it lakitu like lalala
I've been saying it lakity like lackey

I had a similiar feeling with Monster hunter with Rathian and Rathalos
I would say it Ray thian and was always unsure on Rathalos (raythalos)?
but both are said like wrath

I think you're right, it is like "lackey" as far as I'm concerned.

Although I've always wondered, what does Lakitu even mean?

To me it might be a new Rainbow Road influenced by the N64's. It looks SUPER different, but fun.

If it's the Mario Kart 8 Rainbow Road, I hope it's hinting at the N64's version as a classic one. (assuming that wasn't it)

GameXplain says it's retro N64 Rainbow Road in the Lightning Cup. In fact we still haven't seen the new Bowser's Castle & Rainbow Road from MK8.

Kolma

Nintendo Delivered!
Excited-Happy-Kenneth-Parcel-30-Rock.gif

That moment when you realized you have been saying Lakitu wrong the whole time...
they are saying it lakitu like lalala
I've been saying it lakity like lackey

I had a similiar feeling with Monster hunter with Rathian and Rathalos
I would say it Ray thian and was always unsure on Rathalos (raythalos)?
but both are said like wrath

I still say it like lackey and no one will stop me

ALM5252

GameXplain says it's retro N64 Rainbow Road in the Lightning Cup. In fact we still haven't seen the new Bowser's Castle & Rainbow Road from MK8.

I just edited my post thinking about how much Toad's Turnpike was changed and how I thought about how that was the 64's. Plus I paused and posted that before I saw the ending where it showed the big drop. Lol

Blue shell can be gone if you want it to be.

Mario Kart 8 Introduces Expanded Item Customization

The limited amount of item customization seen in Mario Kart 7 will be expanded in the upcoming Wii U sequel, Mario Kart 8, according to director Kosuke Yabuki.

"There was some item customization in Mario Kart 7, in that you could choose to have a mushroom-only race or shell-only race. We're going to have that plus a little bit more, actually, in Mario Kart 8," Yabuki said during a roundtable interview at GDC last month.

"I think we're going to be able to answer that feeling of, 'I don't want to race with items.' Well, OK, then no items. Or, 'I only want to have bananas.' Well, OK. I think we're going to be able to provide a system to answer that desire this time around."

Mory Dunz

I have to say, I totally agree with his reasons for not including a track editor. I'd rather have more tracks from the master designers at Nintendo. And they probably wouldn't release anything until they felt that using the toolset itself was as fun as the game, which probably won't ever happen.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/04...design-tracks?abthid=533d08d0375d55e81900008b

With the 3 different ways to race and complications for that. Making a good track editor for this game....would delay it to 2015 IMO.

And not necessarily be worth it.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Blue wheel can be gone if you want it to be.

Mario Kart 8 Introduces Expanded Item Customization
This is all about multiplayer, though. I don't give a single flying fuck about multiplayer items. In multiplayer everyone is playing for themselves, it is not Everyone vs You like with AI in single player. And people you play against are also not getting rubberband boost cheats to catch up and fuck you over as much as possible as a big pack that passes you all at once so you drop from 1st to 8th in the last 100 meters. And if they do, it's only a multiplayer match so it's not like you're trying to do something like, say, unlock your favorite character.

God, he's so out of touch with what people actually have a problem with.

This is all about multiplayer, though. I don't give a single flying fuck about multiplayer items. In multiplayer everyone is playing for themselves, it is not Everyone vs You like with AI in single player. And people you play against are also not getting rubberband boost cheats to catch up and fuck you over as much as possible as a big pack that passes you all at once so you drop from 1st to 8th in the last 100 meters. And if they do, it's only a multiplayer match so it's not like you're trying to do something like, say, unlock your favorite character.

Rubber-banding is a separate issue. People definitely get incredibly pissed at item flukes in multiplayer too.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
To me it might be a new Rainbow Road influenced by the N64's. It looks SUPER different, but fun.

If it's the Mario Kart 8 Rainbow Road, I hope it's hinting at the N64's version as a classic one. (assuming that wasn't it)

EDIT: Considering how much they have changed Toads Turnpike, I wouldn't doubt that was the N64's. Looks super different, not sure I "like" the change. Gotta play it in person. :)

The original 64 rainbow road was filled with nothing when you go back to it, it doesnt even have stars in the sky, this version looks better by default.

GamerJM

Banned

Um, what? A lot of people had a problem with item balance in multiplayer.

Giever

The original 64 rainbow road was filled with nothing when you go back to it, it doesnt even have stars in the sky, this version looks better by default.

The original 64 rainbow road had stars in the sky..

It also had colorful Mushrooms and Stars and stuff, occasionally.

Anth0ny

meh, not really a fan of the redesigned rainbow road. I always liked it better in space. being so close to a big, bright city kinda kills the whole vibe for me.

It looked SUBLIME in the Rosalina Smash 4 trailer:

rainbow-road-660x350mnsw0.png

3bdelilah

Banned
Dragging items is removed?

Wow. Terrible change.

Yeah, not sure I like that.

Y'all mean like when you have a banana or a red/green shell that protects you from damage? I used that a lot, but honestly, I think it's for the better. More challenge and shit, normally you'd be first place the whole time until a blue shell hits you. I think this kinda evens it up.

Of course when it happens to you

meh, not really a fan of the redesigned rainbow road. I always liked it better in space. being so close to a big, bright city kinda kills the whole vibe for me.

It looked SUBLIME in the Rosalina Smash 4 trailer:

rainbow-road-660x350mnsw0.png

Who is to say we dont get a second rainbow road? a retro one maybe?

EDIT: eh I mean a new rainbow road that resembles the one seen on the smash one.

Top Bottom