• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN: Kinect only works/functions when you're standing up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragon

Banned
No6 said:
So given the choice between homosexuals being allowed to marry whom they choose and kinect failing, you'd pick kinect failing?

Please keep your homophobia out of a thread about video games. Thanks.

PistolGrip

sex vacation in Guam
Graphics Horse said:
There's no downside to using a 3d camera in conjunction with something else, he showed off some cool stuff with a 3d camera.
eye toy 3d camera would have been too expensive to also have a wand... Not worth it.

soldat7

No6 said:
So given the choice between homosexuals being allowed to marry whom they choose and kinect failing, you'd pick kinect failing?

Say what now?

(searches for the perfect gif but can't find one)

PistolGrip

sex vacation in Guam
No6 said:
oh man... gaf isnt a place for you my friend... time to search for a new forum.

Mikey Jr.

I want to see this woman

359bk35.png

controlling Natal. From that position, but lying down like she is. To make it easier, take the child off.

IF she can control Natal from that position, then we would know the truth.

Feindflug

Well in a game like Dance Central sitting down will of course be a problem but if you can't play for example Joy Ride/Child Of Eden or navigate the dashboard when sitting down is just plain stupid.

It can't be true...this simply doesn't make sense.

No6

TheBranca18 said:
Please keep your homophobia out of a thread about video games. Thanks.
How am I being homophobic? I admit my first post was unclear, but if you said I had to choose between a random "marriage = man+woman" bill passing and kinect not failing, I'd have to go with kinect not failing.

Rich!

No6 said:

No6 said:
How am I being homophobic? I admit my first post was unclear, but if you said I had to choose between a random "marriage = man+woman" bill passing and kinect not failing, I'd have to go with kinect not failing.

Oh man.

Bide your time well, the ban is incoming. :lol

And if you don't know already, GAF has a pretty big homosexual/gay community. Goodbye!

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Not a Jellyfish said:
I just assumed this was bs because it is IGN reporting it. :lol

Well, this could be a good incentive for other journos to try out if this works or not right now. It can't be that hard to verify this one way or the other.

Whether it works currently or not I wouldn't expect Greenberg to anything but stick to intended end-product functionality vs its current state anyway. IGN may be right...but if they were, and MS intended to fix it, I wouldn't expect Greenberg to acknowledge any current problems here.

Snipes424

Maybe I'm just slow, but could someone explain how Greenburg debunked the rumor? I mean, I take everything IGN says with a grain of salt, but Greenburg also was not clear on his statement.

he says,
Yes you can sit or stand with Kinect, depends on the game or experience

Yesterday, they showed off video chatting and voice commands while sitting, so his statement is true.

Maybe I just want to see/hear,
You can control movies while sitting with Kinect
And then I will be satisfied.

benjipwns

Banned
It's unclear wording I think.

He's posing two options:
1. Gay marriage being allowed.
2. Kinect failing.

Which one do you want more?

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
richisawesome said:
Oh man.

And if you don't know already, GAF has a pretty big homosexual/gay community. Goodbye!
Wait, I think he's saying that he'd rather have equal rights for all gays if it meant Kinect failing.

I can't believe I just typed out that sentence.

Medalion

Banned
Ferrio said:
So wait, Kinect only functions if you're homosexual? How does that work? I'm confused.
Kinect can scan sexual orientations...Gadget of the Forever confirmed

but...ya gotta stand up so it can scan your orientation the best :lol

Boney

Banned
BrokenSymmetry said:
Isn't the comment, as inappropriate as the comparison is, the opposite of homophobic?
We're intolerant to intorelance.
Lactous intorelance users should be banned.

No6

richisawesome said:
Oh man.

Yes and I'd think they'd be angered if the passage of prop 8 was less upsetting to someone than kinect succeeding.

I support gay marriage quite strongly. Don't you?

Ferrio

Banned
Maybe MS is hiring a new kinda viral marketers. They are professional thread derailers, cause this guy is a pro.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom