• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN Lair preview

JB1981

The stuff in the air actually looks quite cool. The on-foot stuff with the dragon just looks like one big, unfocused button-mashy mess, though. Pretty incredible sense of scale in the game.

TONX

Distinguished Air Superiority
WOWWW. Finally footage of that huge worm thing. This gametrailer footage kills IGN's

TONX said:
WOWWW. Finally footage of that huge worm thing. This gametrailer footage kills IGN's

And to think that IGN actually asks for a subscription fee if you want footage at a decent resolution.

JB1981 said:
The stuff in the air actually looks quite cool. The on-foot stuff with the dragon just looks like one big, unfocused button-mashy mess, though. Pretty incredible sense of scale in the game.

It'd be nice if there was some blood and chunks of human bodies being tossed around when you plow through them on the ground.

JB1981

Holy shit! did you see what he did to that Rhino's head?!

And then he grabbed it and tossed it out to sea! HA HA

awesome

Joe211

TONX said:

I think whinners/haters won't come in this thread after this trailers :)

Awesome job by Factor5 definitely a must have

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
AltogetherAndrews said:
I take it IGN got the shitstick in regards to exclusive material again, huh? I guess IGN doesn't specialize in game footage, but come on.
Looks like they got all the same material as Gamevideos and Gametrailers, they just chose to present it in the most back assward way.

kaching said:
Looks like they got all the same material as Gamevideos and Gametrailers, they just chose to present it in the most back assward way.

Eh, I didn't see the rhino bowling or giant OMFG sea monstargh footage in IGNs list.

Tiduz

Eurogaime
What the hell, i had no hype for this game but this amazed me.... Damnit another 60 euro's towards a game....

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
AltogetherAndrews said:
Eh, I didn't see the rhino bowling or giant OMFG sea monstargh footage in IGNs list.
Right, but everything else is the same exact footage. I'd wager Factor 5 sent everyone the same reel of footage and IGN just chose to segment it in their own peculiar way.

KTallguy

Banned
Kittonwy said:
Holy crap awesome?
gladtomeetya.gif

The scale of this game, holy ****, it's like nothing I've ever seen in my life.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I'm so ****ing sick of stupid ****ing IGN. Goddamnit. I will never give them another cent.

Kittonwy

Banned
AltogetherAndrews said:
And to think that IGN actually asks for a subscription fee if you want footage at a decent resolution.

It'd be nice if there was some blood and chunks of human bodies being tossed around when you plow through them on the ground.

I'm an IGN member and the quality of their Lair movies suck. I just want to know if the GT trailers are better.
angry.gif

JB1981

Don't even bother with the Gamevideos footage, guys. The quality is total dogshit.

I can't wait to see this new footage in proper HD. In 640x480 it looks very impressive in motion. The animation on the dragon has a lot of weight in the air. Love how her wings move.

KTallguy

Banned
Has paying for any kind of content from Game websites ever really been worth it? Ever?

Just go to Gametrailers.com for the goods.

Oh and I can't stop watching these fricking vids.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
All these videos look like shit, so it looks like IGN is redeemed a bit and the source footage they got was just horrible.
As for the game, it looks good for the most part, and in others it looks "wrong". Like how the humans seem to be much too small compared to the environment, they look out of place.
AltogetherAndrews said:
Yes, by a few miles.
What? They look bad too.

Ryu1999

Blimblim said:
All these videos look like shit, so it looks like IGN is redeemed a bit and the source footage they got was just horrible.
As for the game, it looks good for the most part, and in others it looks "wrong". Like how the humans seem to be much too small compared to the environment, they look out of place.

What? They look bad too.

Yeah, this is going to sound REALLY nit-picky, but the wings look terrible.

Color me under-whelmed for now, but I really hope it turns out good

jet1911

Once again the game looks great but it looks really, really boring. I'll rent it just to fly around and burn soldiers from above though. :D

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Blimblim said:
What? They look bad too.
Quality can be measured across a number of factors, Blim. Like flow and editing of the footage. It's still not the best here, but IGN hacked it up something severe in comparison.

Jim

kaching said:
Quality can be measured across a number of factors, Blim. Like flow and editing of the footage. It's still not the best here, but IGN hacked it up something severe in comparison.

Yeah... the compression and quality is still less than ideal, but IGN somehow made them worse, and then also mashed together clips and cut others in really awkward ways.

kaching said:

Well, I was referring to content. The shit IGN showed in its videos was piss dull boring compared to this. I wouldn't buy this game to bombard ships, but using a giant rhino's head to knock enemies around, or taking on huge sea monsters, now that's a hell of a lot more appealing.

JB1981

Mifune said:
Wow, I can't believe just how sold I am on this game right now.
Yeah, yesterday I was thinking about renting it but now I'm buying it no question. The air combat looks damn cool, imo.

Blimblim said:

What? They look bad too.

???????? Even the gamevideos trailers look better than igns....you seem pretty vehemont?

Aeon712

After seeing the footage with the giant worm thing I know for a fact that I am buying this day 1. Also seeing that footage makes me want another SOTC.

adelante

Dunno if this's been brought up but heh that night stormy scene with the revolving giant totem-like structure has me reminded of the fight with Kreel in the last level of the original WarHawk

Blimblim

The Inside Track
kaching said:
There is no editing in gametrailers' video either. Heck, you get some poping noise when it switches from on scene to another.
nelsonroyale said:
???????? Even the gamevideos trailers look better than igns....you seem pretty vehemont?
I just took another look at IGN's video and yeah GT's look noticeably better, but it's still far from being a properly encoded video (and I'm not blaming GT for this, there is no doubt the source footage was like that)

Arkham

The Amiga Brotherhood
adelante said:
Dunno if this's been brought up but heh that night stormy scene with the revolving giant totem-like structure has me reminded of the fight with Kreel in the last level of the original WarHawk

Zardoz FTW!

Top Bottom