• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN Live Presents Halo: The Master Chief Collection

Doffen

It's on!

IXWWTqZ.gif

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
The stream is 720p 60fps. We could have also done 1080p 30fps and opted to go this route instead.

Ape

Banned
So they are talking about the debate between 60fps vs 30fps for Halo 5 and he says one of the arguments for going 30fps was resolution? So that might mean that Halo 5 won't be 1080p?

mike4001_

So they are talking about the debate between 60fps vs 30fps for Halo 5 and he says one of the arguments for going 30fps was resolution? So that might mean that Halo 5 won't be 1080p?

well 1080/60 is very hard to acomplish.

With cross Gen titels (like halo 1-4) it´s possible.

But you see that they didn´t hit 1080/60 with HALO 2 which they built for Xbox One.

Of course HALO 5 is one year to go but it will basically use the same engine as HALO 2 anniversary

But you see that they didn´t hit 1080/60 with HALO 2 which they built for Xbox One.

Of course HALO 5 is one year to go but it will basically use the same engine as HALO 2 anniversary
Lots of time still. I wouldn't necessarily rule anything out yet.

Halo 5 uses a brand new next-gen engine.
Boom!

I'm pretty sure this guy isn't referring to resolution like that.

SystemBug

Well that's because it's running two games at the same time

This is pretty fun to watch.

I'm still not the biggest fan of Lockdowns color pallet, but I like all the blowing snow and the sound that accompanies it.

Cutebrute

LOL at Max saying weapon sets are "separate but equal."

SEPARATE IS INHERENTLY NOT EQUAL!!

I also wanted this in H2 back in the day.

Apples and oranges. H2A campaign is using two rendering engines. I agree Halo 5 will most likely be a 900p title, but your analogy is flawed, mostly because the engine for the H2A campaign is made by Saber. The multiplayer engine is mostly updated Halo 4 tech. All hints so far point at the fact that Halo 5 will be using a new engine, and it'll be the first FPS Halo title (save for the Anniversary titles) not using some iteration of Bungie's Blam engine.

Halo 5 uses a brand new next-gen engine.

There you go... Great news.

Freeser

I'm a big fan of the map blueprints at the loading screen. Hopefully it will allow people that are new to the game to adapt the map layouts quicker. Frankie, any ETA on announcing prerequisites for roster nameplates? Will we see any special ones for series veterans?

DJ88

Yeah all the talk they did about choosing 720p so we can watch it in its brand new 60 fps goodness and they couldn't even get it right or bother to check if it's working so they can fix it.

Top Bottom