• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN/NX Gamer - Callisto Protocol Performance Review: PS5 vs Xbox Series S|X

Imtjnotu

Dj Khaled Mtv Vmas 2017 GIF by 2020 MTV Video Music Awards

sony fans watching their console win twice in one day

where the PC stutter race at

take a joke yall

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Did NXGamer NXGamer make his video based on a more recent patch ? he showed SX running almost always locked at 30 FPS in the Quality mode.

Some points in his video that DF didn't cover:

- SX version runs at higher dynamic resolution, up to 14% in Quality mode, very likely will become same once the RT reflections get patched in
- PS5 can run at up to 10% higher dynamic resolution in performance mode.
- NX's video showed SX being locked to 30 almost always.
- Performance mode is also almost a wash between the two.

Kagey K

Banned
A win?.. No, of course not. You can just dismiss every game that happens to have an edge on PS5 as "utter shit optimization" until the end of the generation.
Or you can call a spade a spade. This game obviously needed more time, but since they had marketing with PS they focused on that in the polishing phase to push the game out.

Even on the best running ps5 version there's some things left to be desired.

Last edited:

Lysandros

Nice to learn new things like PS5 running 10-12% higher resolution at times along with slightly more stable FPS in performance mode compared to XSX. John possibly missed those. To be fair more frequent dips from 60 FPS on XSX were pretty noticeable even in DF comparison video but again those are pretty slight differences.

Edit: Apparently the latest patch improved the performance on quality mode quite a bit on XSX but RT reflections are still missing.

Last edited:

feynoob

A win?.. No, of course not. You can just dismiss every game that happens to have an edge on PS5 as "utter shit optimization" until the end of the generation.
Mate, did you see the performance of this game on pc?
Devs never gave a crap of a good release, considering the garbage they released on day1.

FBeeEye

Banned
Mate, did you see the performance of this game on pc?
Devs never gave a crap of a good release, considering the garbage they released on day1.
If the PS5 version wasn't pristine, you'd have a point. The devs didn't have any incentive to release an optimized game for all platforms. Sony basically paid for exclusivity since the game is trash on everything but PlayStation.

feynoob

If the PS5 version wasn't pristine, you'd have a point. The devs didn't have any incentive to release an optimized game for all platforms. Sony basically paid for exclusivity since the game is trash on everything but PlayStation.
But that doesn't excuse the state of pc version.
This is like reverse cyberpunk2077.
Pc is much stronger than the ps5, yet that is the output of the game.

This is on devs.

Last edited:

Mr Moose

It's not one of those shitty horror games where you just get chased and don't have a way to defend yourself right (Outlast with its cheap ass jump scares)? Or your weapons break fast (fucking Dying Light).
Might check it out on sale.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
It's not one of those shitty horror games where you just get chased and don't have a way to defend yourself right (Outlast with its cheap ass jump scares)? Or your weapons break fast (fucking Dying Light).
Might check it out on sale.
Escaping from enemies in this game is very hard, you either to fight them or stealth kill them and your weapon dont break and you can upgrade them.

ChiefDada

Gold Member
Damn, character models are insane. It's a cross-gen game. Compare it to next-gen only TLOU: Part I. Naughty Dog is slacking.

GG, PS5. GG.

Eh, comparing to TLOU Pt. 1 it's close sometimes but if anything Pt. 1 seems more consistent. Admittedly, I haven't played CP form myself so I could be totally off base in that I only have youtube videos for reference.

Is NFS bad on XS?

XSX runs at slightly higher DRS, but performance is consistently higher on PS5 (Per DF early access).

Reactions: TGO
Top Bottom