• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN Officially Reveals Multiplayer-Only Warhawk (WOWOWOWOW PS3)!

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Yoboman said:
You think Sony felt they didn't need two flight games on the market conflicting with each other? (Lair vs. Warhawk)

One is a PSN game, the other is a Blu-ray game.

Ranger X

Wow. I just looked at Warhawk. That's really interesting. Give me a Battlefield vibe.

There's so much stuff blowing out all of a sudden!! Damn, so many games this month + maybe the HOME rumor will happen to be true + Rachet pics + Rumble is back.
I mean HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaa wtf? Sony starting the real war.

Uncle AJ

This looks fun and all, but wasn't the whole deal with Warhawk back on PS1 about the tons of enemies on screen to blow up?

I can't believe they just shit-canned the single-player. What could have possibly been so "not up to par" about it? Redesigning the game around motion control?

Pud

Banned
I was impressed with the in-flight stuff (it looks quite improved from last I saw it) but the on-the-ground stuff looks clunkier than what Factor 5 did with Rogue Leader. You're right about the Battlefield vibe... but they really should add bluetooth mouse support for a massive online game like this, as the analog reticule dragging seems really counterproductive and innaccurate when the cross is so small.

Yoboman said:
You think Sony felt they didn't need two flight games on the market conflicting with each other? (Lair vs. Warhawk)

lair is massive, epic, story driven dragon combat game though..this is a multi-player shooter...one doesnt have multiplayer, one doesnt have single...you could almost say they complement each other, except you couldnt...each looks nice

peace

Ranger X

Mo the Hawk said:
This looks fun and all, but wasn't the whole deal with Warhawk back on PS1 about the tons of enemies on screen to blow up?

I can't believe they just shit-canned the single-player. What could have possibly been so "not up to par" about it? Redesigning the game around motion control?

They only are spinning this so it sounds good. (like all PRs)
Probably Sony changed X strategy and prolly they weren't so sure about the game at some point. Making a multiplayer game is easier imo in the mean you save alot of story, level design and pace assle to make your game fun.

J-Rzez

Ranger X said:
There's so much stuff blowing out all of a sudden!! Damn, so many games this month + maybe the HOME rumor will happen to be true + Rachet pics + Rumble is back.
I mean HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaa wtf? Sony starting the real war.

The home idea and rumble probably made a lot of people happy...

...but the key factor here with everyone getting happy, and less and less trolling is that we're seeing games... That's all ****ing Sony needs to realize what it's going to boil down to again...

Lair's looking great! F1 and VF5 hit the shelves... Motorstorm is hitting soon enough... Oblivion is coming after that... We're now seeing stuff like Uncharted pop up here and there... Hot Shots 5... Singstar... We're seeing stuff like Warhawk looking fantastic... and stuff that's just unreal like the new Rachet and Clank...

Can you imagine after all this, and seeing Killzone turn out great, more MGS4/DMC4, maybe some Square-Enix stuff? And how about throw in some SOCOM news on top of it...? That Sony Home stuff just being the icing on the cake...

This stuff alone is going to make my Debit card melt... Not to mention some stuff I have to pick up for my other console... damn, it's a good time to be a gamer...

pswii60

Mo the Hawk said:

Sometimes things get so bad they are beyond the point of return. Also, they probably realised that by concentrating on the multiplayer, they could have a huge hit on their hands, with major legs.

I really like the look of this though, just a shame I don't know anyone who can afford a PS3 to play it against! Will have to play against fellow GAFers instead, then :)

Ceb

Stop mentioning $40, people. You're gonna give Sony some bad ideas. Isn't the top limit in PSN pricing $20 according to PR? Let's keep it that way.

jiggle

Ceb said:
Stop mentioning $40, people. You're gonna give Sony some bad ideas. Isn't the top limit in PSN pricing $20 according to PR? Let's keep it that way.

$15. which is already broken

Ranger X

J-Rzez said:

...but the key factor here with everyone getting happy, and less and less trolling is that we're seeing games... That's all ****ing Sony needs to realize what it's going to boil down to again...

Lair's looking great! F1 and VF5 hit the shelves... Motorstorm is hitting soon enough... Oblivion is coming after that... We're now seeing stuff like Uncharted pop up here and there... Hot Shots 5... Singstar... We're seeing stuff like Warhawk looking fantastic... and stuff that's just unreal like the new Rachet and Clank...

Can you imagine after all this, and seeing Killzone turn out great, more MGS4/DMC4, maybe some Square-Enix stuff? And how about throw in some SOCOM news on top of it...? That Sony Home stuff just being the icing on the cake...

This stuff alone is going to make my Debit card melt... Not to mention some stuff I have to pick up for my other console... damn, it's a good time to be a gamer...

And then GTA4... And then GT5... And then...my wallet am cry.

Defuser

J-Rzez said:

Basically i have to rent my body to some fat chicks if i want to buy all of them.

Yoboman

Gold Member
nelsonroyale said:
lair is massive, epic, story driven dragon combat game though..this is a multi-player shooter...one doesnt have multiplayer, one doesnt have single...you could almost say they complement each other, except you couldnt...each looks nice

peace
And Warhawk was once a massive single player driven flight game as well. Which is why I'm guessing Sony got Incog to shift their focus

Man, I would kill for a PlayStation 3 SOCOM persistent online game.

That, in my mind, would be the perfect direction for the SOCOM series and probably the best news in a long time.

With that said, Warhawk looks amazing! I can't wait to play it!

J-Rzez

Defuser said:
Basically i have to rent my body to some fat chicks if i want to buy all of them.

Even they need lovin' my man... Myself, I should train to go into UFC maybe... Met Chris Leben tonight at Peppers (sp?) bar... and he was drunk off his ass, put this guy in a arm-bar-wrist-lock... lol... long story... but yeah, UFC, time to train harder! (yeah right!!!)

Pud said:
I was impressed with the in-flight stuff (it looks quite improved from last I saw it) but the on-the-ground stuff looks clunkier than what Factor 5 did with Rogue Leader. You're right about the Battlefield vibe... but they really should add bluetooth mouse support for a massive online game like this, as the analog reticule dragging seems really counterproductive and innaccurate when the cross is so small.
Nope, it looked very fluid and awesome, kinda like Twisted Metal + Battlefield on foot sections.
Also for a tank getting planes into pieces just like that, aiming needs to be superb.

I think they scratched the single player, because it just wasn't as fun as playing with other people, and I totally believe that. This game needs "In your face friend!" vibe that playing against other people gives you. I can imagine SP being lifeless after all those juicy MP matches, just watch the video.

Alias03

Im really excited about this game now. It's funny how you can think one thing about a game and have your mind made up that it will probably be crap and then one video changes all that. Granted I havent played it and it still may play like....uhmm crap but it definitely looks much better now. It would be really nice if Sony would announce a first-party wireless headset for PS3 at GDC :D I know wishful thinking

**Edit** Now that I think about it, if this game is not a download only game (unlikely but who knows) Maybe do a pack in headset like they did with Socom 1 for PS2 and charge full retail price? That way you can get headsets out to a lot of people and justify that its only a MP for full price but you get a headset as well. IDK just an idea?

artist

Banned
Bad_Boy said:
50 bucks = no.
40 = I would have to think about it.
30 = sold.
20 = no excuse not to buy it.
10 = wtf omg.
0 = head explodes.

of course the last two will never happen.
Well I want to buy WarHawk the moment its available and its only better to not build up great hopes on the pricing part. If we keep repeating $30 $30 $30 and if it comes out for $40, there will be disappointment over 10 frickin bucks. :lol So assuming a very low price is not we should be expecting right now. I'm happy that we get to see some great media and that the game is looking damn hot. WarHawk has always been a AAA game, atleast for me. (The ground combat always reminded me of Freedom Fighters)

Thanks for the answer SnakeX and Kittonwy.
Indifferent2.gif
;)

Forsete

This game looks fantastic, as in FUN™.

I'm sad about the loss of SP though. Still, looks kick arse, like a sandbox Battlefield. Must buy.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Looks totally awesome, very fun.

I am guessing that confirmation of it being a downloadable is being reserved for Phil Harrison at GDC, where it will be part of a bigger bullet point he wants to hammer home. If Sam Kennedy/1up are correct, it might be one part of a bigger picture in terms of 'big' DLC games on PSN. I could definitely appreciate that kind of approach...I love DLC, but I wouldn't mind it acquiring a higher value in the scheme of things.

Mrbob said:
You can't all play online at the same time though.

You sure? I haven't checked the rules on playing online, but you don't all have to be logged in on the same account to play a shared game. Any account on an activated machine can play a shared game.

Stealth said:
For under $30, I would buy this game this very second and not think twice about it. Incog is ****ing awesome.
I concur.
if this game is priced properly (and is as fun as it seems) incog could very well have the closest thing to a console Battlefield game and a big hit with long legs on their hands.

But proper pricing is *key* I personally think the absolute limit for price should be $34.99, $29.99 would be great and 24.99 would be explosive.

At that kind of price point, with the background d/l and resume feature in place, this could be an impulse buy for just about everyone that has a PS3 and any interest in online gaming.

wow, that looks like a big improvement, graphically and gameplay wise. They fixed the tripped out colours and added massive variety to the ground combat...Damn, this might be one of the first online games I get into...impressive

peace

squicken

Y2Kevbug11 said:
Holy wow, I just thought of the flying wedge. Can you imagine the GAF Squadron :lol

We'll all have headsets and be all nerdy. We can assign numbers to each other, like GAF 1 REPORTING IN, GAF 2, etc. We'll TOTALLY win every match, because if we don't do it by skill, the other team will just be freaked the **** out.

Dibs.

moviestarwarsredleaderdv5.gif

Forsete

Notice ~140 seconds into the video where the plane flies towards the sun? The game has the same sun glare effect found in F1 CE. :)

sunglare.jpg

Steroyd

I wasn't happy to hear they axed the single player but they've somehow sold me on the multi player only aspect of Warhawk and if it's reasonably priced I'll try it out.

So can somebody confirm this for me? Will the controls be like Ace Combat (semi realistic) or like the original Blazing Angels (unrealistic)? Or will it be possible to choose between the two?

Oh, and _O_ @ the ability to set up dedicated server on your own PS3.:D

ram

i could cry a river - where the **** is my singleplayer experiance??? damn, i dont give a shit about multiplayer only games! >:O

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
PjotrStroganov said:
So can somebody confirm this for me? Will the controls be like Ace Combat (semi realistic) or like the original Blazing Angels (unrealistic)? Or will it be possible to choose between the two?

ignweeklyepisode38qthigyv4.jpg

PRO = realistic me thinks

distrbnce

Banned
ram said:
i could cry a river - where the **** is my singleplayer experiance??? damn, i dont give a shit about multiplayer only games! >:O

See, I feel almost the exact opposite. The only single-player games I'm even considering playing in the forseeable future is God of War II and Oblivion.

Never been a real fan of A.I.; always preferred the real thing. And I can do without a cheesy story. Give me lean, purified fun.

distrbnce

Banned
mckmas8808 said:

I can't wait to loose someone by rockin' some smooth moves around that statue.

And if that plane slamming into the ground at 3:25 is any indication of the instant crash physics, I'll be happy to see the guy tailing me clip a wing on her staff.

Oh, I'm dreaming now. In Sony. Scary.

pics dont do it justice, they really cleaned it up and increased the geometry...hopefully lair has gone through the same process, the game looked great but they needed to remove the mud, so you can better see the detail.

peace

Top Bottom