• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN: Ryse's multiplayer looks nothing like the released footage, doesn't feel nextgen

Metfanant

I do wonder how much it cost to scrap the original 360 kinect game and do this one.

scary thing is it probably should have just stayed as a Kinect game...some of the clunky gameplay would have been excusable! and it MIGHT have actually had me interested in Kinect if it worked...

CoG

Oh man! It looks like he is wearing cutoffs shorts. I cannot stop seeing that...

yELCop7.gif

BigDug13

scary thing is it probably should have just stayed as a Kinect game...some of the clunky gameplay would have been excusable! and it MIGHT have actually had me interested in Kinect if it worked...

It's also scary that a game that was built for Kinect had its Kinect roots stripped out. That doesn't give me high hopes for a company putting all their eggs into the Kinect basket. How much does MS truly think Kinect is a benefit for gaming when a launch Kinect title was basically gutted and has now become this?

Anyone rmemeber which Microsoft exec was raving about Ryse?
Something about this being the best launch game or something...

Don't worry thogh there will be some some microtransaction enabling to execute the same move with 50% less A.

Don't worry thogh there will be some some microtransaction enabling to execute the same move with 50% less A.

I think it was the guy who is supposed to replace Don..may be off though.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick

Before the E3 reveal I expected this to be the game that MS used to sell Kinect to the hardcore crowd.

Chobel

You mean this one by Phil Spencer
I played a build of Ryse last week, some new levels on kit, and it’s the best thing I’ve seen on Xbox One. Just incredible.

Source: http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/08...softs-phil-spencer-has-ever-seen-on-xbox-one/

casmith07

I know it's fun to bang on this game because it is considerably pathetic, but I think we all already realize that this one is going to suck.

Granted it's a launch game, so they're trying to put something out there that showcases some pretty new lighting effects, but damn. QTE: The Game is not exactly my idea of a good time no matter how good it looks.

casmith07

These GIFs have been floating around for over a month. I almost started to feel bad posting them all the time but now not so much.

i4h6NHo9L9T8G.gif

ibhnBoJCvrvTRV.gif

i15QOxxi7txT1.gif

It's almost as if the pause in time for each guy to execute a QTE is visible to other players while online.

Which is positively absurd.

LOL at Gif 3 with that dude somersaulting. Asai moonsault in ancient Rome, lmfao!

javac

my god I cant even believe all these janky animations

why would they ever let the public play this lol

They (Crytek) had even boasted about the motion capture work they had done for the games animations too. I'm sure the guys and girls there tried their best and maybe the game is good but for now I'm sorry but...this ain't good enough.

Mask

Yikes, those animations..

I'm getting the feeling that maybe Action-fighters aren't Crytek's thing. It seems like Ryse is giving Crytek a great deal of
trouble for some reason.

BigDug13

It's almost as if the pause in time for each guy to execute a QTE is visible to other players while online.

Which is positively absurd.

LOL at Gif 3 with that dude somersaulting. Asai moonsault in ancient Rome, lmfao!

But that's exactly how it works. We know that slow motion death animations exist in multiplayer. Therefore the other players are going to be moving at normal speed while the slow motion player and the one enemy he's doing a death animation on are moving in slow motion and everyone moving at normal speed is moving around that encounter, as if they're in their own bubble in time.

Dat 40% performance drop. CBOAT warned you all beforehand :D
But he also said they will probably fix it, so I wouldn't be too worried when it comes to graphics.

Top Bottom