• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN: Ryse's multiplayer looks nothing like the released footage, doesn't feel nextgen

BadAss2961

i4h6NHo9L9T8G.gif
Stomped him so hard, he got up and died again.

FINALBOSS

Banned
This is all I could think about after seeing this, I don`t know about you guys.

ilv34trWEkvgI.gif

Cha it was posted like 2 minutes before you.

I think we all realize that Ryse is a work in progress...but why would they ever bring the game to demo with those horrid animations. Really digusting.

And yay unbanned.

EDIT: Who missed me? <3

Am i the only one who gets the feeling that Ryse is going to be this generation's LAIR? LAIR was initially revealed and we all thought it was super beautiful and got hyped, but everything slowly came crashing down. We all know Ryse was initially supposed to be a Kinect only game, just like LAIR was initially motion control only.

Am i jumping to conclusions here? Or is this the next LAIR?

casmith07

But that's exactly how it works. We know that slow motion death animations exist in multiplayer. Therefore the other players are going to be moving at normal speed while the slow motion player and the one enemy he's doing a death animation on are moving in slow motion and everyone moving at normal speed is moving around that encounter, as if they're in their own bubble in time.

That is...I have no response to that.

-_____-

I like this one. This one's got sass.

dat pizzazz.

No_Style

Even though I think the game looks uninspired, ragging on Ryse for its bugs at this stage is unfair. Humorous but unfair.

Amir0x

Banned
AAA game amiright?

Which is why it makes no sense to me we keep this whole mindset. Like, "well one's lineup is better, so many AAA titles!"

Resogun may very well be the best game at any launch for all we know, and Ryse may turn it around and be fantastic... but it'll be on the merits of the execution of their gameplay ideas, not the size of their budget.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
It really could only HELP them to delay the game a few months. December, January, or even February.

They want to release it in the same month as Battlefield 4, CoD Ghosts, Killzone Shadow Fall, a fully fledged Mario console game, Gran Turismo 6, Dead Rising 3, Killer Instinct...for fucks sake, delay the game. You will have more time to work on it. And you can isolate it in a month where you'll have more opportunity to market it. Delay the game pls.

FINALBOSS

Banned
Which is why it makes no sense to me we keep this whole mindset. Like, "well one's lineup is better, so many AAA titles!"

Resogun may very well be the best game at any launch for all we know, and Ryse may turn it around and be fantastic... but it'll be on the merits of the execution of their gameplay ideas, not the size of their budget.

Which makes all the bullshit we hear (although it is a very small vocal minority or Xbox fans) about indie games not mattering all the more wrong.

Resogun looks straight up thug-tastic...same with Octodad.

It really could only HELP them to delay the game a few months. December, January, or even February.

They want to release it in the same month as Battlefield 4, CoD Ghosts, Killzone Shadow Fall, a fully fledged Mario console game, Gran Turismo 6, Dead Rising 3, Killer Instinct...for fucks sake, delay the game. You will have more time to work on it. And you can isolate it in a month where you'll have more opportunity to market it. Delay the game pls.

Seems like it'd be a perfect candidate to release during Infamous--which will be all the rage during that time for PS owners.

IN&OUT

Banned
and we have people who still think X1 launch is better than PS4?! I mean seriously Ryse is bad game, DR3 has disastrous framerates.

Rosogun alone is better than those games combined!

BigDug13

Why haven't I cancelled my preorder for this yet? Cmon Crytek what the hell?

Why should anyone preorder a next gen game that's going to be sitting on store shelves in massive quantities? Especially unknown IP's at launch? If anyone has preordered Driveclub, Knack, or Ryse, or even Watch Dogs at this point, why? This isn't the console hardware that's going to be in short supply. These are disc-based games that will be available pretty much everywhere and won't sell out at all.

Cancel the preorder. If it turns out to be good in reviews and such, just walk in to any game store and it will be there.

Don't believe E3 or other prelaunch hype until the reviews come in.

tumblr_ln7481nyqa1qzd58xo1_250.gif

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Xbones AAA Octodada?!!?

It's crazy but it could work. Comedy is a genre of film, a type of literature. There's the performing art of stand-up comedy. It's not something you see done in videogames often, other than the weird shit Kojima puts in his games and of course the Lucasart games from the ancient days. It'd be a cool niche to fill.

But Crytek won't do that. And they won't delay the game to work on it more either. Fuck it.

Insane Metal

Gold Member
Does anyone remember there is a member here who said XBone games would look amazing at E3 but in the end they would be downgraded BADLY and they'd probably look nothing like they did in the first showing?

I'm starting to believe it.

Top Bottom