• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN: The Last Guardian cancelled, mayhaps; Sony: Nope - Stage XI: Mole Hunt

Who should be banned from NeoGAF?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

EL CUCO

Just interviewed Shawn Layden, new CEO of SCEA. He says The Last Guardian is in full development in Japan. Unequivocally. Full intvu tmrw.
https://twitter.com/geoffkeighley/status/475803330862538752

1vwbNt2.jpg

SUCK ON THAT BUTTS!

I'm still firmly in the TLG is cancelled camp! Or I guess TeamY2Kev!

Unless we get multiple retailer confimations with release dates less than 3 months out... It's cancelled!

If I had to guess the "ace" for Sony is playable Uncharted or Gran Turismo 7.

Edit:
This means shit if they don't show anything tomorrow, WE KNOW it's been in development since ages ago.
This. Technically speaking the game has been in development before the release of the PS3. Doesn't mean anything.

todd360

It's a subjective statement, but I can't imagine Sony have something more important than Beast Souls, certainly TLG isn't.

A game that was just leaked is more important to people than the game we waited 8 years for?

I'm excited for both but c'mon. We have been waiting a long time. I can wait for beast. Give me tlg.

Boke1879

I think they need to show the game at E3. All of this talk and it just has to be shown. If not I fully expect it to be revealed at TGS

ryamkajr

Banned
One game does not equal a "win" in my book. What defines a win is the quality and diversity of games.

Seriously? These kind of hyperbole(-ic) posts are just stupid.

You are making ill-informed assumptions about these games with no knowledge. Even if they are shown, you are going to get canned video and/or playthrough.

For all you know, TLG (if it still exists) may look awesome but play like complete and utter crap.

Have Andrew House bring out a chair and place it on the stage and invite Steve Butts to sit in it. Then The Last Guardian trailer plays. When he gets up from the chair, a spotlight will focus on him walking back to his seat while everyone points and laughs.

This must be why they rented out the theaters lmao.

vpance

Not sure. However, I think on Giant Bomb's schedule of events, the have the conference starting at 9:00 (EST) with that night's livestream starting at 10:30. So, according to their schedule, yes, the conference is 1.5 hours.

That's a change of pace then, I think most of their past presentations were 2 hrs. Hopefully they just shoot out trailer after trailer of reveals with little exposition.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Gameplay and a release date and Sony win E3 again, Unless MS have Shenmue 3 and/or Panzer Dragoon saga 2

:)

I live in a world where every game at E3 is cancelled by this logic. :p E3 ruined.
There is a huge difference between games that are 1-2 years out getting announced and games that are a decade out from retail release.

Even if Sony shows a new trailer tomorrow it is meaningless without a release date in calendar year 2014.

I'll ask this, if Last Guardian is reintroduced again at E3, maybe to the point of having a release date in the next calender year, do you think Butts will be fired for what he did?

pirata

What a roller-coaster ride this has been! Even if it's not at E3, it's fantastic to know it's still coming.

I want it to be there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom