• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN Weekly 27

Something about IGN Weekly makes me really appreciate The 1Up Show. I think it's the fact I'd like to see most people on the IGN show shot.

LukeSmith

I know this is a new post, but is it possible to put *old* somewhere in the first post, I mean really, what again is new from this week's IGN weekly?

There, I said it.

Karishin

Banned
TheGreatDave said:
Something about IGN Weekly makes me really appreciate The 1Up Show. I think it's the fact I'd like to see most people on the IGN show shot.

I agree, even with all the cash IGN brings it seems they cannot make a better show.
They never go in depth and are always way to short.

TheWolf

Banned
Scoot said:
I know this is a new post, but is it possible to put *old* somewhere in the first post, I mean really, what again is new from this week's IGN weekly?

There, I said it.

i haven't watched it yet. did they sit around and discuss news we already knew about from game shows that occurred days earlier? :eek:

LukeSmith

TheWolf said:
i haven't watched it yet. did they sit around and discuss news we already knew about from game shows that occurred days earlier? :eek:

You made the post, I dunno did they talk about the Wii event in NY?

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
Karishin said:
I agree, even with all the cash IGN brings it seems they cannot make a better show.
They never go in depth and are always way to short.

If there's one good thing I can say about IGN, it's that their video quality is second to none. I love their HD content.

And as for depth? Well, 1upshow never covered the Wii hardware in even near this much detail.

temjin

Banned
It's not bad actually. I'm enjoying see the Wii up close, seeing as I probably won't see it any closer until launch here in Oz..

:(

That Nintendo store segment was pretty interesting (even though Nintendo disgusts me). I never even knew one of those existed.

But wtf to the VP segment. Shouldn't they just cut that out and offer it as a video review?

koam

I liked the up close video of the wii. What a purty little console.

Also, Nintendo World Store has a beautiful design.

I liked the Microsoft jab when they showed the gameboy.

Matt = no personality though i do like the blazer he was wearing.

Scoot said:

There, I said it.

Internet show wars, BEGIN!

TheWolf

Banned
Scoot said:
You made the post, I dunno did they talk about the Wii event in NY?

like i'm supposed to be informed about threads i make?

i never noticed the ATI logo on the Wii before.

mood

Matt Casserole

Good to go

goodtogo.jpg

Ryun1

TheGreatDave said:
You're so right. It's so...grating. And while the central tenet of the 1up show is the "I'm in this guy's office, and he doesn't know," gag, it doesn't make me want to pop my eyeballs with a salad fork like IGN does. Where's the Jon Stewart of games journalism? Did he and the Lester Bangs of games journalism skip town?

Ryun1 said:
And while the central tenet of the 1up show is the "I'm in this guy's office, and he doesn't know," gag, it doesn't make me want to pop my eyeballs with a salad fork like IGN does.
I love the style because it reduces my massive complaint with every other gaming show, whether television or internet, which is awkwardness. It comes off as natural. IGN and GameSpot feel uncomfortable.

----

Banned
ghostmind said:
so what about "On the Spot", Luke?
On The Spot had the best coverage of X06 by far. They had Gears of War footage, Assassin's Creed demo, Doom XBLA demo/review, Splinter Cell Double Agent 360 demo, Smackdown Vs. Raw demo, Sonic demo, Crackdown demo, and even a demo of that stupid fish tank screensaver thing for Xbox 360.

http://www.gamespot.com/pages/features/onthespot/index.php

TheGreatDave said:
It must be the incredibly natural banter between Aaron and Matt. :lol I like Gamespot's approach the best, just be yourself, don't read a script or act for the camera.

Top Bottom