• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN Wii E3 Letter from Matt (Animal Crossing: City Folk)

Kusagari said:
You're expecting way too much then.
I am a nintendo fan what do you expect me to want but too much and get too little?

you have to beg Nintendo for everything... you know how long it took to get a Gameboy that was not 4 shades of green?

now we need HD and HDD :D

Kagari said:
I don't know the entirety but I do know what I said!

I didn't say otherwise; I bet you're right about AC, Pikmin, and Disaster, at least.

Seriously, any hints about DS or WiiWare announcements?

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oh man. AWESOME if true. Pikmin 3 and AC: City Folk would be a perfect mix.

Both are two of the best new franchises from this decade.

I've always hoped AC Wii would be like this: people create their own town that multiple people can live in, but this time people from online can visit them. The game is constantly online.

The big difference, of course, would be that your friend in real life, in another city, can live in your AC town, thanks to the game constantly being online.

And in the game, there would now be a few BIG cities (hence, City Folk -- I hope). Big Animal Crossing metropolis. Maybe 5-10 different big cities to go to, in a way could be their own servers, in case one city has too many people currently in it. There could be malls, restaurants, museums, etc. But everyone can go to these cities and interact. Meet new people, maybe let them move into your town. (Though, knowing Nintendo, they wouldn't allow that. Ugh.)

JohnTinker

Limbaugh Parrot
Toom Nook is being investigated for predatory lending practices.

You are now forced to live in a dilapidated apartment after getting caught up in the sub-prime mortgage meltdown.

you heard it here first

Give me Wii Balance Board 1080 Snowboarding and/or Wave Race Wii, and Ill blow that thik pile nof dust off of my Wii. Other than that, Wii Music looks interesting. And lets hope Starwars lightsaber dueling doesnt suck. Oh, and Wii Sports 2 please!

Kid Icarus Wii:
2eqau4i.jpg

So not interested in Kid Suckass. Animal Crossing I am however overjoyed with, hopefully it has good online ^_^

I actually played AC the other day, for the NES games.

Shame we wont see that again....

Please have GB games please have gb games

ZeoVGM

Banned
MidnightScott said:
Kid Icarus Wii:
2eqau4i.jpg

So not interested in Kid Suckass. Animal Crossing I am however overjoyed with, hopefully it has good online ^_^

Just so we're both on the same page here, you know you just sounded like a complete retard, right?

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Kid Suckass :lol

If Factor 5 IS making it, that would be a wholly appropriate title, but still...wow.

Maybe this should be the Nintendo E3 Speculation thread? :eek:

I want Disaster: Day of Crisis, come on Nintendo don't kill it like you did Hammer >_<;

I hope in Animal Crossing Wii you get to drive a vehicle and run over Tom Nook ^_^

Moray

omg rite said:
Oh man. AWESOME if true. Pikmin 3 and AC: City Folk would be a perfect mix.

Both are two of the best new franchises from this decade.

I've always hoped AC Wii would be like this: people create their own town that multiple people can live in, but this time people from online can visit them. The game is constantly online.

The big difference, of course, would be that your friend in real life, in another city, can live in your AC town, thanks to the game constantly being online.

And in the game, there would now be a few BIG cities (hence, City Folk -- I hope). Big Animal Crossing metropolis. Maybe 5-10 different big cities to go to, in a way could be their own servers, in case one city has too many people currently in it. There could be malls, restaurants, museums, etc. But everyone can go to these cities and interact. Meet new people, maybe let them move into your town. (Though, knowing Nintendo, they wouldn't allow that. Ugh.)

So in a way, AC would be like Wii Home if it were like that. AC = Nintendo's new online service confirmed.

Hunahan

Banned
I'm too lazy to read through the thread and find out if this is confirmed or not, but a city-setting is the best idea for Animal Crossing's next move I've ever heard.

I really don't care about the online or MMO aspect of the game. I want something tangibly different for a single-household experience. City-setting could do that.

RagnarokX

City Folk, eh? That reminds me of an idea I had of an online AC where instead of a forest, you live in a small city with a big park surrounded by apartments that you and your online friends live in. Everyone gets their own apartment, but share the park.

MidnightScott said:
Kid Icarus Wii:
ACTUALSCREENSHOTOMGWTF.jpg

Dude, Kid Dicarus. If you're gonna troll go all out.

Nintaiyo

Animal Crossing online with WiiConnect24 and Mii integration is all I ask, Nintendo. If you do that, Pikmin 3 could be a mini game fest and Kid Icarus could be Baby Icarus for all I care.

MidnightScott said:
Kid Icarus Wii:
2eqau4i.jpg

hahah what a retarded post.

where did this "in the city" situation rumour come from?

JohnTinker said:
Toom Nook is being investigated for predatory lending practices.

You are now forced to live in a dilapidated apartment after getting caught up in the sub-prime mortgage meltdown.

you heard it here first

r9j0w9.jpg

If you ain't gonna pay, say goodbye to yer kneecaps!

Staccat0

Fail out bailed
So it seems like this thread is feeling pretty good avout AC, Icarus, Disaster and Wii Music all being on hand.

How do you all feel about Captain Rainbow? Think we'll see it?
You KNOW they are gonna show someting with the balance board too. Any predictions on that? Or will they leave that to 3rd party?

d+pad

Staccat0 said:
How do you all feel about Captain Rainbow? Think we'll see it?

If Nintendo couldn't even be bothered to bring the Tingle DS game to NA - even though it has been translated and released in Europe - I'm pretty damn sure they're not going to bring this one over either. Which is why I'm going to import it :D

As for the rest of Nintendo's showing at e3 - Animal Crossing, Pikmin and Wii Music would be fine with me, especially since we know Wario et al are coming as well...

Top Bottom