• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN Wii E3 Letter from Matt (Animal Crossing: City Folk)

Vinci

Danish
Dascu said:
But he has better taste than you. :lol

Regardless, time to say the magic word: Matsuno.
Show me what he's working on and I will be more than satisfied.

You went there. You mentioned Matsuno. You bastard. I can accept being told Ethelred has better taste than me (nice reference, btw :lol ), but to mention Matsuno immediately after?

Hurts. It hurts, man.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Seems like a Matsuno project would be unveiled around TGS rather than E3.

schuelma

Duderz said:
Going along with the rumor, if it's published by Nintendo, it would be at E3.

True. Forgot that Nintendo doesn't do TGS. If they do another October conference I can see it announced then.

schuelma said:
True. Forgot that Nintendo doesn't do TGS. If they do another October conference I can see it announced then.

Yeah; I think it's more likely that first-party JRPGs would be announced at a Japanese event.

mclem

bigswords said:
I hope there's cooking in Animal Crossing:Wii :D

Plus I do hope there's online.
One thing I always thought could work in AC would be a daily newspaper, with news from inside your town. With online that could also have reports of interesting occurrences in your friends' towns too...

Sadist

Speculation is F-U-N!

- Animal Crossing
- 1080 Balance Board
- Captain Rainbow
- Kid Icarus

That is all. And a third party announcement about Fatal Frame coming to the west.

Luigison

gutshot said:
A GameCube pad shell that the Wii Remote slides into? What would be the point of that, since the Wii already has GC controller ports? I'd much rather they just start making Wavebirds again...
I think the point is that it can point at the screen. Otherwise I agree that they should make more Wavebirds. It'd also be nice to have wireless Classic Controllers.

DrGAKMAN

Banned
Dirtbag 504 said:
What do people mean when they say things like this? I keep reading people asking for this on here.

You hope nintendo is going to announce and release a more powerful wii capable of outputting 720p, and hope game designers start designing games with high-res textures for this 720wii? Or do you mean, you hope nintendo announces a wii with component cables in the box?

Both sound like pipe dreams to me, wait till wii2.

Iwata joked earlier this year that Nintendo would reveal new hardware soon, but he laughed immediatly after. Nothing like that will happen this year. I think anyone hoping for a Wii revision (WiiHD, Wii w/more flash space, WiiDVD (what's the point anymore)) or a new NDS (revision or next-gen one) are sorely mistaken. Both current systems are selling WAY too good for Nintendo to pull that shit! If anything, there'll be new peripherals, new colors and new software to help them sell even longer to make more money and grow their userbase to make even more money.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Threi said:
I know i heard that number somewhere before.

No More Heroes, right?
Hint: they're not the numbers from Lost.

Exactly ;)

[Nintex] said:
Why hasn't anyone said anything about a new F-Zero... :(
GBA+3

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
perfectchaos007 said:
Its by the same makers of Chibi-Robo. Didn't miyamoto create the idea of Chibi-Robo?
Last generation he was a consultant on external games, so that's why he was involved in games like F-Zero GX, Geist, Pac-Man VS., and Chibi Robo. That's why Pikmin was really the only game he had a big role on internally. Chibi Robo wasn't even a Nintendo game at first, but when Nintendo took over Miyamoto did give them advice on the way you control Chibi Robo. That's about all the involvement he had on that project so he certainly didn't create the idea and now he is no longer an adviser on external projects since he's back to working on internal projects so I doubt if he has a new IP in the works that this is it.

beef3483

I think that if they were going to have a Matsuno project, it would make more sense to show at TGS or some other Japanese event.

Dascu

beef3483 said:
I think that if they were going to have a Matsuno project, it would make more sense to show at TGS or some other Japanese event.
Probably. But I want to see it now.
Going along with the rumor, if it's published by Nintendo, it would be at E3.
What rumor?

[Nintex]

JoshuaJSlone said:
Well yeah, the sales are low, but the GBA games sucked and killed the franchise I think : /
I'm sure that it'll do well on the Wii since Nintendo is finally marketing their games. F-Zero GX was ignored in Europe because Nintendo released Mario Kart a few months later. SEGA should demand a new F-Zero game if Nintendo wants to use Sonic again.

I also noticed that Metroid.com is still down,
This could be a 'sign' or the site is run by the guy who designed the RETROSTUIDOS website.

Exempted

Banned
You know, I just remembered.

Didn't Edge say something about the Wii AC being an MMO?

Lots of people live in cities...

EDIT: Found it.

Animal Crossing for the Wii will be an MMO/social networking title. It’s no great surprise – in a few short years, Animal Crossing has become one of Nintendo’s most-loved and top selling franchises (over seven million copies sold), particularly in Japan. Nintendo refers to the title as a ‘communications game’ rather than a videogame, and playing already depends on real-world timekeeping, weather patterns, social conventions, and above all else economic interactions. In almost every way, Animal Crossing has always been the perfect MMO concept, and this development is simply a fulfilment of that promise.

The game has yet to be officially announced (although Nintendo has at least confirmed that an Animal Crossing game is in development for the Wii) and so details are not so much thin on the ground as nonexistent. But there are some indications of where the game will take the series: Katsuya Eguchi, head of development for the project, has made relatively non-committal noises thus far, but hinted that connection to mobile phones and PCs (for basic functions such as messages) would be included in an interview as far back as last year. Animal Crossing’s earlier iterations already feature travelling between towns, the ability for players to live in the same town (though not to play in it at the same time), and the ability to design your own clothing – and to sell it.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Exempted said:
You know, I just remembered.

Didn't Edge say something about the Wii AC being an MMO?

Lots of people live in cities...

EDIT: Found it.

Dunno how true that is. Would be great if true and a big step for Nintendo, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Heads will roll if normal holidays aren't back, though. And I'd love to see some integration with the weather channel...

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Andrex said:
Dunno how true that is. Would be great if true and a big step for Nintendo, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Heads will roll if normal holidays aren't back, though. And I'd love to see some integration with the weather channel...
This is needed. WW's holidays were so lame, and they would be crazy not to have weather integration. I mean, that's pretty much obvious that it will be in the game.
I hope.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Fantastical said:
This is needed. WW's holidays were so lame, and they would be crazy not to have weather integration. I mean, that's pretty much obvious that it will be in the game.
I hope.

Well didn't Eguchi come up with the Wii UI and channels? I always figured that the weather channel was meant for something more. Hell, even Madden has it I think.

I definitely see your town using local weather and daylight settings, so when you're on connect24 people coming along will see your town at night/day and with the weather where you are. I also reckon it'll act as a hub for al your virtual console games, or at least have a shef with all the boxes on, which people can see when the come visit.

http://www.n-europe.com/news.php?nid=12024

The latest issue of NGamer reveals information from a secretive source about Animal Crossing Wii and a new installment of Punch-Out!!

Those who purchased last month's issue of NGamer will remember that the British publication teased at the revelation of a new project from Nintendo's internal development teams. We received the latest issue of NGamer this morning, and it offers up some very juicy information indeed. Here's a snippet from their feature about E3 2008...

"And if all goes to plan (and our sources haven't played a mean trick on us), that hands-on coverage will be of Animal Crossing and Punch-Out!! Wii, aka Nintendo's great hopes for 2008."

The article goes on to say that Animal Crossing Wii has been finished for a while, and though it isn't an MMO as suggested by rumours earlier this year, it features heavy use of Wi-Fi sharing (and presumably multiplayer, as in Wild World).

As for Punch-Out!! Wii, NGamer claim that Balance Board implementation is on the cards for dodging and weaving, in addition to Wii Remote and Nunchuk controlled punching (which goes without saying) in the style of Wii Sports Boxing and Rhythm Boxing, which was included as a minigame in Wii Fit.

meh..

Akai

[Nintex] said:
Meh indeed, Punch-Out developed by Retro? If not what are they doing at E3...

What? Where does it say there the game is being developed by Retro? Nowhere? Then what are you doing making wild assumptions?

Dascu

Akai said:
What? Where does it say there the game is being developed by Retro? Nowhere? Then what are you doing making wild assumptions?
I think he means, that if PunchOut and Animal Crossing are the big Wii projects for this E3, then where would Retro's project be, since it's almost certain that it'll be present. So, one could conclude that Retro is working on PunchOut.

Of course, this argument only holds up if PunchOut and AC are the only Wii projects at E3.

[Nintex]

Akai said:
Well Retro is at E3, and they're making a game. It could be punch-out if that is Nintendo's big game. I don't believe in any of the "Kid Icarus/Punch-Out" revival though.

schuelma

If AC and Punch Out is all there is, I'll be pretty disappointed.

[Nintex]

schuelma said:
If AC and Punch Out is all there is, I'll be pretty disappointed.
I doubt it though, I still expect Pikmin and perhaps a new Zelda teaser or something like F-Zero or Star Fox.

Top Bottom