• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I'll be able to actually breathe through my nose and smell in about two weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fugu

I've had two septoplasties and neither of them worked. I'm not saying yours won't, but be warned that it's a very real possibility.

I have a deviated septum. I can breathe (and smell) pretty well through one nostril but I have a hard time breathing through my nose overall.

I want to get the appropriate surgery done to correct it but it's been financially out of reach for awhile.

Still something I want to get done, though. Good luck, OP.

One of my science teachers in high school had this done while I was in his class. Missed a week or two and came back so different. Way happier in almost every way.

It was hilarious because he would tell people not to sniff any noxious fumes from any chemical things we did, but then I would notice him sometimes sneaking a sniff real quick and then smiling afterward. Just because he could smell it now, and even though it was definitely not healthy, he did it anyway and it made him happy.

Good luck OP. Hope it helps.

Hylian7

Update: I can breathe through my nose and have been for the last couple of days. Still sore, and still some blood (although barely), but this is much better and it's crazy how I couldn't do this for a very long time.

Update: I can breathe through my nose and have been for the last couple of days. Still sore, and still some blood (although barely), but this is much better and it's crazy how I couldn't do this for a very long time.

Glad to hear. I have a deviated septum but have opted not to get it fixed. It's a pain in the ass though. But I didn't want to let someone fuck my face up.

mjc

Whatever you do, don't go to a mall with a Bath and Body Works in it. Your nose will OD and you'll hate life.

Also, cook up some cool stuff and take those smells in. Enjoy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom