• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I'm not buying a third pair of joy cons so I guess I'm done with the switch? Anyone else?

I buy new sticks in amazon/aliexpress and replace them. I have to calibrate them afterwards, and beware there's no dust in (we have to blow compressed air sometimes, and clean a bit with a brush) to make them dead center in the calibration.

Humdinger

Why not dump the joy cons and just use the Pro Controller, rather than abandoning the console? Do you dislike the Pro controller?

I bought a Switch a week ago, and I got my Pro controller yesterday. I love it. No way I'd go back to the joycons, unless I was forced to. I found them awkward.

martino

Joycon are a poor pair of controller imo
i can't use them for some usage if my hand cover them too much signal is lost (even 8ft from the dock)

DarkestHour

Banned
Isn't that more than the switch itself. Why not just use a pro controller?

Switch is used in handheld mode majority of the time, oh, and the Pro controller I have is also broken. Son dropped it and the left analog still completely broke so it just dangles and does nothing where as all my old Wii and Wii U controllers work perfectly fine after years of use and abuse...

Also, try taking apart a Joycon and you'll see how shitty they are. The internals are cheap, tiny, and weak plastics.

Last edited:

JCK75

Before covid was a thing I was considering buying the thumb sticks bulk from Alibaba because I've been doing repairs for people locally on the drift issue. I mean you can still get them at a decent price but I wanted to get them in bulk so I could charge like 10 bucks to fix it for somebody and still make a decent profit. Wish now that I had gone through with it.

GustavoLT

thumb_it-prints-money-nintendo-news-nintendo-switch-games-ruled-the-53701566.png

Impotaku

have 5 pairs of joycons as i'm a total sucker for the neon ones as well as having a pro controller so i rotate regularly through joycons in handheld mode to lessen the wear on any given pair and when i play docked i use the pro. But the drift issue is a crap thing, for the price they cost the quality is quite frankly shocking.

Top Bottom