• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I'm reading IT by Stephen King so....(SPOILERS about CHILDREN GANGBANG) WTF!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which scene, the junkyard jerkoff before death by flying leech? Or the sewer orgy?

The sewer orgy is actually sorta foreshadowed and then explained.

It's still weird and fucked up, but it's not really random.

Yeah, it 100% makes sense in the narrative. By no means random, just a really messed up way of going about that.

akira28

I mean I was a kid when I read about some woman killing a person with tentacles from her alien vagina. that was Tommyknockers. King has always been graphic and deranged in his violence and setting. The kid angle is the only weird bit here.

M

Macapala

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, some of Stephen King's books have some weird shit in them. Like in the Shining, there's a man in a dog mask that tells Danny, a young boy, how much he would like to eat his little plump cock.

Stephen King has written some pretty good books, but he's a fucking weirdo!

This will not be happening in the upcoming movie

This is also not the only sequence of child sex in the book: A mentally ill bully jerks off another bully in a junkyard.

IT is a sweaty, overlong, fucking weird and unnerving book. It's more or less proof that Stephen King hasn't been edited by anyone at any of his publishers for longer than a lot of people here have been alive.

Patrick Hockstetter was a fucked up character.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Stephen King writes a lot of fucked up shit. Under the Richard Bachmann pseudonym he tended to dabble into some much more outright fucked up shit. Rage was about a kid holding his school hostage and shooting the place up.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Stephen King writes a lot of fucked up shit. Under the Richard Bachmann pseudonym he tended to dabble into some much more outright fucked up shit. Rage was about a kid holding his school hostage and shooting the place up.

Apt Pupil is still King's most fucked up work, and maybe his most chilling

Lothar

Banned
I had always been a bit reluctant to read a 1000+ pages book about a fucking clown, but I decided to give it a try after watching the new trailer.

The start is actually pretty good. Reminds me of the first half of Salem's Lot, which is Stephen King doing what he does best: small town people + looming horror.

You'll wish it was longer. The pages fly by. I think it's King's best book.

Did you get to the Adrian Mellon part? If so, click this link and find out that Derry really exists. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charlie_Howard_(murder_victim)

M

Macapala

Unconfirmed Member
Apt Pupil is still King's most fucked up work, and maybe his most chilling

Its been a long time since I read Apt Pupil, what's so fucked up about it? I honestly can't remember. This is the one about
that kid finding out his neighbour is a former Nazi, right?

Tagyhag

Lol, mods have been on a roll lately with the title changes.

Anyways OP, yeah, it was weird, but it kinda made sense when you understood what King was going through that time period.

Dad

It's been a long time since I read Apt Pupil, what's so fucked up about it? I honestly can't remember. This is the one about
I mostly remember
the one kid fucking his girlfriend while vividly imagining torturing little Jewish girls.
There was some whiplash going from Stand By Me right into Apt Pupil

The Technomancer

It's been a long time since I read Apt Pupil, what's so fucked up about it? I honestly can't remember. This is the one about

I mostly remember
the one kid fucking his girlfriend while vividly imagining torturing little Jewish girls.

And then
murdering homeless people and going on a shooting spree on a crowded highway

M

Macapala

Unconfirmed Member
I mostly remember

Well that's fucked up. Honestly don't remember that happening. The only reason I read Apt Pupil is because it was one of the novellas from Different Seasons (I only bought the book for Rita Hayworth and the Shawshank Redemption)

I read It when I was the age of those kids and I'm still reeling from the experience. Stephen King's sexuality is the scariest thing about any of those books.

M

Macapala

Unconfirmed Member
Is IT ever talked about extensively in any other of King's books?

IT is mentioned in some of Stephen King's other books. Like in 11/22/63 the main character visits Derry (the very same Derry from IT) and mentions he feels/senses an evil presence.

The Technomancer

IT is mentioned in some of Stephen King's other books. Like in 11/22/63 the main character visits Derry (the very same Derry from IT) and mentions he feels/senses an evil presence.

Doesn't the character from 11/22/63 meet Bill? Or Bev? One of the losers, I thought

Saya

Derry is even mentioned in one of Joe Hill's books IIRC.

Carn82

No, but Derry is featured in 11/22/63 (and the main character runs into some characters we know from It), and there are Dark Tower connections.

El_Mau

Which scene, the junkyard jerkoff before death by flying leech? Or the sewer orgy?

The sewer orgy is actually sorta foreshadowed and then explained.

It's still weird and fucked up, but it's not really random.

The sewer orgy, I only remember that the purpose of having sex was so they could be closer to each other or something like that, but obviously I could be wrong it have been 12+ years since I read the book.

Fj0823

It was so fucked up.

More when you realize Bev pretty much raped one of the kids.

Book was a gift from a girl I only dated for two weeks.
Turns out she was one of those Sonic Fans, you know the ones

I really enjoyed the book though

gforguava

Nope. There are references here and there, Derry is used again as the setting for Insomnia, and if you like to look at King's mythos as a whole there are bits and pieces you can use to infer more about IT.

Saya

NOS4A2, right?

Yeah! I think I read somewhere that Joe Hill's books all take place in the same universe and I'd like to think Stephen King's books also share that universe. Or maybe it's more like Joe Hill's work takes place in his dad's world.

Reeks

What? Will someone give a summary of these weird parts of the book (I have not read it)? This thread has me baffled.

Cujo I s probably what you're thinking of. He says he didn't even remember writing that

See that one I could understand. Dog goes crazy because of rabies. Or something.

how the fuck does he write a coherent novel under cocaine and then write the dreamcatcher

What? Will someone give a summary of these weird parts of the book (I have not read it)? This thread has me baffled.

book spoilers-
so in order to defeat IT, they have to use the power of the 'other' which was an otherwordly force giving them...power. But they got disconnected from that power in ITs domain, so in order to reforge the connection they have to have an orgy with the only girl in the group. so all the boys in the group run a train on her. And gain the power of love. Or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom