• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I'm still not able to buy CP 2077

It's been two months since the release of Cyber Punk 2077 and I'm still not able to buy it on my PS5 digital edition. Wtf? This is the biggest fuck up in gaming history, how can you release an unfinished product which you haven't been able to fix two full months later?

For those that got to buy a PS4 version, did the patches fix anything? Is the game still unplayable? Is Sony right on not putting the game in the store?

I really don't like the direction this went. I wanted to buy the game just to have a laugh at the bugs, wanted to be part of what everyone else were experiencing but Sony didn't let me. What if wanted to do a review of how bad the game is? I can't because Sony thinks I'm too stupid to read a disclaimer like Microsoft is doing.

Fuck Sony and CDPR, they are both wrong.

It's been two months since the release of Cyber Punk 2077 and I'm still not able to buy it on my PS5 digital edition. Wtf? This is the biggest fuck up in gaming history, how can you release an unfinished product which you haven't been able to fix two full months later?

For those that got to buy a PS4 version, did the patches fix anything? Is the game still unplayable? Is Sony right on not putting the game in the store?

I really don't like the direction this went. I wanted to buy the game just to have a laugh at the bugs, wanted to be part of what everyone else were experiencing but Sony didn't let me. What if wanted to do a review of how bad the game is? I can't because Sony thinks I'm too stupid to read a disclaimer like Microsoft is doing.

...you expected anything different?

xrnzaaas

This is definitely taking too long. I've seen great improvements on the PS4 between the launch version and the 1.11 version. The game crashes a lot less, the framerate is better and it's not going to further improve by a lot because of severe hardware limitations. It should've been brought back to the store weeks ago. The current situation is probably only happening because Sony got seriously pissed off with the number of refund attempts after launch.

Ultraslick

Neo Member
Your argument benefits greatly from you having just the digital edition of a PS5.
I almost don’t believe you, but I guess it’s possible.
Anyways, think of it this way- this is a last gen game. There is no ps5 (or Xbox series) version.
You could buy and play this game on your ps4 if you have one.
Or wait till the PS5 version launches.

Somebody has to show The devs that this is unacceptable to throw shit out and call it finished. Millions of dollars lost because of how badly they messed up the timing and development of this game.

...you expected anything different?
Well, since there was no precedent for Sony removing a AAA game from its store, I didn't expect it at a when I decided to go digital. Microsoft didn't remove it from their store, why would Sony? Oh yeah, because they don't want to do refunds... That's the real problem here.

Well, since there was no precedent for Sony removing a AAA game from its store, I didn't expect it at a when I decided to go digital. Microsoft didn't remove it from their store, why would Sony? Oh yeah, because they don't want to do refunds... That's the real problem here.
Ok - sorry.

Was thinking new consumer, not people already bought it. Please apply the egg to my face as liberally possible

EDIT - Just re-read the OP, I take this back. The fuck point you trying to make here?

Last edited:
Your argument benefits greatly from you having just the digital edition of a PS5.
I almost don’t believe you, but I guess it’s possible.
Anyways, think of it this way- this is a last gen game. There is no ps5 (or Xbox series) version.
You could buy and play this game on your ps4 if you have one.
Or wait till the PS5 version launches.

Somebody has to show The devs that this is unacceptable to throw shit out and call it finished. Millions of dollars lost because of how badly they messed up the timing and development of this game.
You don't believe someone would buy a PS5 digital edition? I actually bought two, one for me, one for my relative. I did it to save money because if I buy digital games I can share it with my relative by putting my account on the second PS5, that way I get to save $70 every time i buy a game.

GametimeUK

The sad thing is (and this a very uneducated statement) my gut feeling is the game being pulled from store has nothing to do with the game being finished / is broken. The game made it to the store in the first place so I think it being pulled is more to do with CDPR sending a bunch of people Sony's way asking for refunds.

I think the state of the game will be irrelevant to them putting it back up, I just think they'll do it when they feel they won't get bombed with refund requests.

You don't believe someone would buy a PS5 digital edition? I actually bought two, one for me, one for my relative. I did it to save money because if I buy digital games I can share it with my relative by putting my account on the second PS5, that way I get to save $70 every time i buy a game.
Fuck I fell for a troll.

He's not trolling, game sharing is pretty common.
Why would someone think that's trolling? I save $70 for every game bought, that's more than enough reason to go digital. If you go physical you have to install the game anyway so I just don't see any reason to do that other than buying used games.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
honestly...blame sony.

there are bugs and CDPR has released multiple patches already with more planned. the game has issues but there are games that have released that are just as bad if not worse than cyberpunk and it's not even because of bugs. it's because CDPR told people to request refunds.

steam, epic, and microsoft have no issue with selling the game despite the issues. only sony. so yeah blame them.

Last edited:

V4skunk

Banned

Next gen console version isn't out for months.

ToadMan

Sony aren’t wrong here - well perhaps they should never have allowed it to be released on their platform.

No, the patches didn’t make it suitable quality yet.

Yes I got a refund (1st week of Jan).

If you weren’t excited enough to buy it day one (or indeed week one just about before Sony blocked digital sales) then you can also manage to wait until it’s finished.

Last edited:

Hugare

I was thinking about it yesterday

I honestly dont know what is going to happen, because even if the patch 1.2 at the end of the month fixes all the crashes and bugs on the PS4, a lot of people will still be unsatisfied with how the game looks/runs on the console.

It wont be a locked 30 fps, no matter what they do. And people can reimburse the game after completing it, so a lot of people will finish the game and request reimbursement after, unfortunately.

I hope that Sony will give people an ultimatum after patch 1.2: "You have 1 week to request reimbursements. After that, if you buy the game, you'll keep it"

PS: Finished the game with 90h on the PS4 Pro, with a lot of crashes, but was a great experience overral.
Pstches improved the game a lot, but still needs some work. Wait for 1.2.

Last edited:

Senua

Gold Member
The sad thing is (and this a very uneducated statement) my gut feeling is the game being pulled from store has nothing to do with the game being finished / is broken. The game made it to the store in the first place so I think it being pulled is more to do with CDPR sending a bunch of people Sony's way asking for refunds.

I think the state of the game will be irrelevant to them putting it back up, I just think they'll do it when they feel they won't get bombed with refund requests.
you DARE accuse Sony of something like that young squire

200.gif

Nezzeroth

Sony holding a grudge for CDPR telling people to get refunds. Has nothing to do with quality.
This. If CDPR wouldn't have said anything about refunds the game would still be up on the store.

People thinking what happened here will make publishers release games in a better state have no idea. The only thing that pissed Sony was CDPR encouraging refunds in a platform that does not offer them, they couldn't care less whether the game had issues or not.

Last edited:
What really needs to happen is Sony need to get their shit together and offer up a decent refund program. None of that one time good will gesture bullshit. CDPR messed up, no doubt, but Sony is probably more pissed off that they bought attention their shit policy. They wouldn't give a flying fuck if the game was broken and would still be selling it otherwise. There are loads of games that are broken as hell on PSN that should be pulled too, but they won't.

Last edited:
So you're telling me a feature that Sony promotes is wrong?
Don’t get sucked in. Standards tactics, Sony arguably did something wrong? Vaguely accuse the person daring to make such an outrageous slur of not even having a PS5 to buy time while you figure out the best deflection strategy. In this case, bizarrely, ‘game sharing is morally abhorrent’ :messenger_tears_of_joy:

PhoenixTank

Sony aren’t wrong here - well perhaps they should never have allowed it to be released on their platform.

No, the patches didn’t make it suitable quality yet.

Yes I got a refund (1st week of Jan).

If you weren’t excited enough to buy it day one (or indeed week one just about before Sony blocked digital sales) then you can also manage to wait until it’s finished.
Given current stock realities, there is also the not exactly remote chance that OP didn't own a PS5 between 2077 going on sale and being delisted.
Last I knew the PS4 version runs really quite well on the PS5. I still find it an odd choice.

I hope people are aware that this is happening because Sony has no refund system in place and doesnt want the console poors to know what refunds taste like. Console games running at shit framerates and crashing frequently is nothing new. Hell, games that would brick your console never got pulled from the store. This is 100% on Sony not wanting to create an expectation or demand for better customer service.

Given current stock realities, there is also the not exactly remote chance that OP didn't own a PS5 between 2077 going on sale and being delisted.
Last I knew the PS4 version runs really quite well on the PS5. I still find it an odd choice.
Stock realities? I have bought 3 PS5s, one for me, one for a close relative and one for a friend. 2 digitals and one disc. If you really wanted a PS5 you would have gotten one by now. My advice, don't waste your time on PS direct, just wait for Bestbuy. Walmart on the last drop was good too with their anti bot system, managed to get one but at the end just cancelled the order.

I did own a PS5 when Cyberpunk launched, I own it since the third week of November. The problem is that fucking Sony doesn't accept international credit cards so I had to go the G2A route to buy some PSN cards which they completely fucked up. They took 6 weeks to return me my money so between that time Sony dediced to delist Cyberpunk and I wasn't willing to spend another 60 dollars on it.

Last edited:

mxbison

I really enjoyed the game on PC but it's absolutely loaded with bugs and unfinished features.

Could easily take another year to finish if they are willing to put that much time and money into it.

harmny

Banned
Cdpr should never put the game back on the ps store. No ps support until the next gen patch. 2022 after the ransomware attack

Last edited:

Elios83

I think the plan was to put it back after the big February patch IF it gets rid of most of the issues on old consoles (but so far quite frankly it doesn't seems like they made really significant improvements).
Also now they got the cyber attack and ransom thing to figure out....
Unfortuntely this company is in a negative downward spiral atm, it will be interesting to see if they'll be able to get out of it.

Cyberpunkd

This never was about quality of the game - Sony is punishing CDPR for throwing them under the bus regarding refunds. Game will be back when Sony decides so.

Last edited:

Reallink

Sony pulled the game cause they foresaw a very high risk of PSN return policy classactions, government intervention, and new legislation. The game won't be allowed to return until it's flawless and the launch shitstorm is ancient news. Sony's lack of a return policy makes them far more money every year than they could ever hope make from Cyberpunk.

PhoenixTank

Stock realities? I have bought 3 PS5s, one for me, one for a close relative and one for a friend. 2 digitals and one disc. If you really wanted a PS5 you would have gotten one by now. My advice, don't waste your time on PS direct, just wait for Bestbuy. Walmart on the last drop was good too with their anti bot system, managed to get one but at the end just cancelled the order.

I did own a PS5 when Cyberpunk launched, I own it since the third week of November. The problem is that fucking Sony doesn't accept international credit cards so I had to go the G2A route to buy some PSN cards which they completely fucked up. They took 6 weeks to return me my money so between that time Sony dediced to delist Cyberpunk and I wasn't willing to spend another 60 dollars on it.
So... gamesharing & G2FuckingA PSN cards. Okie dokie.

ToadMan

It’s a PS4 game so lack of PS5 doesn’t seem like a problem. Or perhaps the OP had an xbone or PC before PS5 - all platforms that have CP2077.

But it doesn’t run well on PS5 either - it crashes a lot, has a Vaseline graphics filter and is devoid of life. All issues because it’s running the PS4 pro version of the game.

ToadMan

Oh so you’re short of cash. I get it.

You got lucky then - you didn’t waste your funds on a broken game. By the time CP2077 is back on PSN it’ll be both fixed and you’ll have had time to save more money and get those G2A cards loaded up.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
The joy of a walled garden. Pappa Sony and Pappa Microsoft dictates which games you are allowed to play.

Top Bottom