• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I'm surprised there is not more of an uproar about autism in The Predator *spoilers*

Considering that one of the key plot points is "autism as superpower" i.e. that autism is the next stage of human evolution.

Somehow I doubt the director has ever spent time around people with actual autism. You can laugh on the internet about it (e.g. Chris-chan), but for every high-functioning case there are many cases where the condition is completely debilitating.

I guess everything else around the movie sort of tempered that, but I'm surprised certain circles aren't up in arms about it. Maybe they feel like it makes them look good, as it is a frequent self-diagnosed identity with them.

Basoes

I thought the film was more of a comedy than anything and the weaponized autism proved it, I laughed a lot during this movie , intentional and during unintentional moments.

Last edited:
I thought the film was more of a comedy than anything and the weaponized autism proved it, I laughed a lot during this movie , intentional and during unintentional moments.

They introduced it with a literal ripped-from-South Park joke about ass-burgers.

I just kept thinking how much better this movie could have been if The Predator had been set near Charlottesville, VA, and Chris-Chan fought The Predator with his Sonichu medallion. Maybe Predator tech would let him transform into Chris-Chan Sonichu?

Top Bottom