• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

images found in steamVR folder, hints about vive vr lineup?

Krejlooc

Banned
A bunch of placeholder images for steamvr icons have been found in the steamvr folder, which seems to hint at which vr titles will be available for the vive. Images in the link: http://m.imgur.com/a/vz4z4

Some cool stuff in there, including known apps like google earth. The one that caught me off guard was alien isolation being listed. Perhaps vr work is still being done in that game?

Full list:

Robot repair human diversity outreach program - Valve
Game of Thrones - HBO
Google Earth - Google
Company Heroes 2 - Relic
Secret Shop - Valve
Job Simulator: The 2050 Archive - Owlchemy
Quar VR - Steel Wool Games
Alien Isolation - Creative Addembly
Step into remarkable - HTC
Longbow - Valve
The Blue: Encounter - Wemo Labs
Surgeon Simulator: Alien invasion super VR 64 - Bossa
Skyworld - Vertigo Games
Tilt Brush - Skillman & Hackett
The Room Archives - Fireproof Games
The Gallery - Cloudhead Games

the 'human outreach' thing was the tech demo

but what is Longbow?

AH-64D_Longbow_cover.jpg

Krejlooc

Banned
It's funny to me that they seem to be listing the game of thrones hbo experience demo, only because that was a major piece of pr for oculus. And the company that made it, all their other demoes have gone up on milk vr on the gear vr... Except that one. Which I always thought was a strange omission.

Nzyme32

the 'human outreach' thing was the tech demo

but what is Longbow?

It's basically a bow (longbow) and arrow type target practice thing. It was a fairly recent addition to the Vive Demos that devs are getting to mess around with. The creator of Myst recently tried it out and seemed to like it a lot

Krejlooc

Banned
I like that sega appears to have jumped on board vr right from the start. Alien iso is so much better in vr, and I can see how company of heroes would work well in vr, too.

epmode

Official VR support for Alien? Yes pls. The current implementation is really touchy for me and I haven't been able to get it working again for a while. But man, it was really something for those few hours where everything was perfect.

Kinthalis

Banned
I like that sega appears to have jumped on board vr right from the start. Alien iso is so much better in vr, and I can see how company of heroes would work well in vr, too.

Kind of like a god mode, looking down on the battlefields and controlling stuff, yeah sounds awesome. Would work for Totla War too!

GeoGonzo

But it says "Company Heroes" not "Company of Heroes". Maybe its a new game about navigating the corporate ladder.

Compsiox

Banned
A bunch of placeholder images for steamvr icons have been found in the steamvr folder, which seems to hint at which vr titles will be available for the vive. Images in the link: http://m.imgur.com/a/vz4z4

Some cool stuff in there, including known apps like google earth. The one that caught me off guard was alien isolation being listed. Perhaps vr work is still being done in that game?

Full list:
My body and mind is ready.

Krejlooc

Banned
Official VR support for Alien? Yes pls. The current implementation is really touchy for me and I haven't been able to get it working again for a while. But man, it was really something for those few hours where everything was perfect.

I have so much footage of random people trying Alien Iso in VR. I have a save during the first encounter with the alien that I load up. Bunch of young women, my business partners, a police officer, my own 60 year old mother... none of them will let me upload the footage. It's all gut busting hilarious, though. Genuine look of terror on those people's faces.

D1rkG3ntly

Neo Member
It's basically a bow (longbow) and arrow type target practice thing. It was a fairly recent addition to the Vive Demos that devs are getting to mess around with. The creator of Myst recently tried it out and seemed to like it a lot

Damn, I was ready to get myself hyped up over the fact that Half-life's original project name was Quiver

Top Bottom