• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Immortals Fenyx Rising |OT| Gods and Monsters and Callistos, Oh My

Dragon_Rocks

Gold Member
Its a great game! I almost didnt buy it for the same reason. Picked up on XSX, and once you finish the prologue, it actually looks amazing. Huge world with great draw distance, volumetric clouds, particle effects everywhere, great lighting and animation grows on you. I play it on graphics mode for highest resolution and effects.
0eUKl9.png

0eUpb2.png

0eUOrv.png
Thanks for the info. I'll try it out then. The price has been dropping on this so will wait for a while before I get it.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I picked it up on US PSN. It’s on sale for both versions for $40 USD. Hearing from a few people here that are enjoying it sparked my interest.

Rikkori

Did you get past the two hour prologue? Once you get past that into the main open world, and start finishing quests and upgrading your character, then, is when it gets really good.
I did. My main issue is that I struggle to have something playing for, meaning - I love the way it looks and sounds, but I dislike the combat & the puzzles I'm indifferent about, and ofc I care not about the story in the least. So that's why I say I could play it in a drought but when there's other games around that captivate my attention, it's just not worth playing for me.

Humdinger

Anyone playing the disc PS4 version on PS5? Does it work seamlessly or annoyingly install 2 versions of the game (PS4 and PS5) as I’ve heard?

Yeah, I'm playing on PS4 Pro. I haven't noticed any problems. Whether it installed two versions of the game or not, I have no idea. I just waited for it to finish installing, per usual, then started the game. It didn't seem to take longer than normal, but I wasn't in any rush, either, so I'm not sure what the actual install time was. I just put it in rest mode and came back later, as I usually do.

----

I'm enjoying it. Only about two hours in, but I like the mix of exploration and combat. Although it's from Ubisoft, and I usually get bored of their games because of the bloat, things seem more "edited" here. At least so far.

The combat effects are a little over the top, but okay.

I hope the puzzles/challenges don't get too difficult later in the game. I don't want to have to be consulting Youtube for hints all the time. I can get impatient with that stuff. I did with Zelda, at times.

I like the humor. I appreciate anything lighthearted in tone, rather than the usual grim and heavy stuff we usually get.

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Bought this just before Cyberpunk came out. Right now it’s on the backlog but once I beat that game this is gonna be my go to hang out chill game over Christmas vacation.

It looks and runs like a dream, that 4K BOTW experience can be had now.

Last edited:

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Yeah, I'm playing on PS4 Pro. I haven't noticed any problems. Whether it installed two versions of the game or not, I have no idea. I just waited for it to finish installing, per usual, then started the game. It didn't seem to take longer than normal, but I wasn't in any rush, either, so I'm not sure what the actual install time was. I just put it in rest mode and came back later, as I usually do.

----

I'm enjoying it. Only about two hours in, but I like the mix of exploration and combat. Although it's from Ubisoft, and I usually get bored of their games because of the bloat, things seem more "edited" here. At least so far.

The combat effects are a little over the top, but okay.

I hope the puzzles/challenges don't get too difficult later in the game. I don't want to have to be consulting Youtube for hints all the time. I can get impatient with that stuff. I did with Zelda, at times.

I like the humor. I appreciate anything lighthearted in tone, rather than the usual grim and heavy stuff we usually get.
Thanks for sharing but that wasn’t what I asked, unless you meant that you’re playing on PS5. In any case I’m glad you’re enjoying the game

Golgo 13

Anyone playing the disc PS4 version on PS5? Does it work seamlessly or annoyingly install 2 versions of the game (PS4 and PS5) as I’ve heard?

Oh sorry. You said playing PS4 version on PS5. Gotcha. I missed the last bit.
So... I’ll kind of answer my own question since I bought and installed the PS4 disc version on PS5 and YES, it does annoyingly install both versions of the game, even if you select only the PS5 version to be installed. Not the end of the world but worth knowing if you’re considering a purchase. I’ve also heard that even if you delete the PS4 version from your PS5 it will continue to redownload it; some sort of system bug.

Kagey K

Banned
Got this tonight for Xmas and it’s pretty much what I hoped It would be.

Got to the Tower (after the prologue) and decided to take a break there as it seems like that’s when the game opens up.

It’s going to be fun to explore this. I went off the beaten path early and killed some shit that was way above me, but couldn’t get the chests since I didn’t have the abilities I needed yet.

Animagic

Banned
The game must sadly be a massive sale disappointment if it is already half price.
Aren’t Ubisoft games always half price a few weeks after launch? Why would anyone pay full price for their games when they can wait knowing this company does this?

Humdinger

$40 isn't half price. It's a 20% reduction. It released at $50 (at least, that's what it was priced at through amazon).

Wunray

Giving this a go on the switch and it's good but.....damn we need a switch pro, and this game needs another patch on switch.

Humdinger

Is there a way to get around signing in without a ubisoft account? ive started it 3x now and keep quitting because I dont want to.

If you unplug from the internet, you won't get those prompts. I play unplugged. The downside is that when you start the game, it'll spend about 15 - 20 seconds searching for a connection before you can begin.

Halcyon

I've been playing this on Stadia. I haven't played botw or any of the newer asscreeds so it is fresh and fun for me. I'm hooked in. Great game.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Awesome, made a girl character and the game thinks I'm a dude saying "he" and no character voice.

You rock ubisoft

Isn't male/female determined entirely by voice? Getting real tired of games dancing out male/female with bullshit like this or Demon's Souls "type A," "type B." Just a sad world we live in.

Then again, it might be a bug. I had my male Eivor in Assassin's Creed: Valhalla get labeled a "she" more than once.

Also, it's hilarious that Cyberpunk got labeled as transphobic for determining gender by voice, but this game basically does the same thing and is being hailed as some kind of progressive powerhouse. I guess it's due to the strong female protag being featured in the marketing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Isn't male/female determined entirely by voice? Getting real tired of games dancing out male/female with bullshit like this or Demon's Souls "type A," "type B." Just a sad world we live in.

Then again, it might be a bug. I had my male Eivor in Assassin's Creed: Valhalla get labeled a "she" more than once.

Also, it's hilarious that Cyberpunk got labeled as transphobic for determining gender by voice, but this game basically does the same thing and is being hailed as some kind of progressive powerhouse. I guess it's due to the strong female protag being featured in the marketing.
My char has no voice, its just silent during the conversation.

should be talk, none

Golgo 13

Got this tonight for Xmas and it’s pretty much what I hoped It would be.

Got to the Tower (after the prologue) and decided to take a break there as it seems like that’s when the game opens up.

It’s going to be fun to explore this. I went off the beaten path early and killed some shit that was way above me, but couldn’t get the chests since I didn’t have the abilities I needed yet.
Same here. Ran into some issues getting up onto those cliffs without extra stamina and kept getting warnings that I might be entering an area that’s too tough for me.

Sucks being unemployed, makes me kick myself for buying Watch Doges Legion. Fun game no doubt(WDL), but Fenyx looks to be the better game overall. Will purchase once priorities are in order.

TexMex

Super interested in this, first-hand I pressiona for ps5?

I played and loved it on PS5. A couple of early 1.0 problems that have since been taken care of (I believe it’s on 1.05 or 6 now). No performance issues. Also my female character definitely had a female voice.

Rick Monster

Neo Member
I like this game. It's good. It's even a little addictive. The puzzles are... not hard, but they are interesting. They keep surprising me. The animations are lovely. Almost like a pixar. Too bad this had to release a week before Cyberpunk. Same thing that happened with Mad Max. Scheduling killed all interest in a pretty good game. Anyways, doubt this game sold enough to warrant a sequel, but for what it is, I'm having a good time. Lots of difficulty levels so you can play as hard or easy as you like. The thing is charming.

You select a male/female body type, create the character and then select between a male/female voice. I do think after creating my male character it was defaulting to the female voice until I changed it to the male voice and then finished creating my character so maybe that's what happening for some people?

Last edited:

Humdinger

It took me 5 hours, but I'm finished with the prologue. I'm liking it so far. I was concerned, based on some previews, that I'd find the narration annoying, but I don't. I'm enjoying it for the most part; sometimes I even find it funny. It's a nice break from the usual seriousness and dread. Exploration is good. Seems like there are plenty of little secrets hidden around.

Weird. I'm playing as female and have a voice. I'd just start over, if I were you. Something went wrong in the setup.
well I installed and got rid of old saves, remade a male character now they call me "she" and I still have no voice just subtitles.

I should have known better than give Ubisoft any money

crozier

I couldn’t resist. Picked it up for PS4. Of course there’s a patch already...

Oh yeah. $29.99 at GameStop.

Last edited:

Kenpachii

I thought the same at first, but if you go into the body type that’s how you switch between masculine and feminine appearance.

Oh didn't know, wanted to do another play through on nightmare mode but couldn't find anything male related. SO maybe i missed it

Top Bottom