• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

In defense of guys/celebrities in the pursuit of Women

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member
Clearly you never had your friends in school play the 'dick tapping' game? You know the game where your friends try and smack you in the dick as a game.

Did you consider this...fun? Seems like a pretty weird “game” to me. How old were y’all when this was a thing?

Wait. This is like “locker room talk” isn’t it?

Last edited by a moderator:

TrainedRage

Banned
Did you consider this...fun? Seems like a pretty weird “game” to me. How old were y’all when this was a thing?

Wait. This is like “locker room talk” isn’t it?
No its wasn't "fun" but it was similar to hazing or being part of a group, it's what kids do. Most don't have the concept of foresight in regards to consequences. Yeah its like boys whipping towels at each others asses in the locker room. Or the whole 'pantsing' fad. You know where guys or girls would pull down other kids pants to have a laugh.

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member
No its wasn't "fun" but it was similar to hazing or being part of a group, it's what kids do. Most don't have the concept of foresight in regards to consequences. Yeah its like boys whipping towels at each others asses in the locker room. Or the whole 'pantsing' fad. You know where guys or girls would pull down other kids pants to have a laugh.

Yeah I’ve never understood the concept of hazing at all ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Never ran into the other examples you mentioned while growing up either, so I suppose that’s why I don’t “get it”. I certainly would push back at the idea that it’s something “most” kids go through.

TrainedRage

Banned

Never ran into the other examples you mentioned while growing up either, so I suppose that’s why I don’t “get it”. I certainly would push back at the idea that it’s something “most” kids go through.
fair enough

bitbydeath

Surely you knew of it though right?
Girls have their own version of it as well, ‘Twat swat’. It’s not uncommon.

bitbydeath

Yes it is. I've never heard of girls doing that.

Source: am a girl.

I grew up through the 80’s and 90’s, maybe it was just a different time.

We had all the fun games which later got banned. Brandy, tackle red rover, dead duck. Probably a few others I’m forgetting. Good times :D

I grew up through the 80’s and 90’s, maybe it was just a different time.

We had all the fun games which later got banned. Brandy, tackle red rover, dead duck. Probably a few others I’m forgetting. Good times :D

I also grew up in the 90s. I remember Red Rover but not the others.

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member
Surely you knew of it though right?
Girls have their own version of it as well, ‘Twat swat’. It’s not uncommon.

The crotch punch thing? No.

My knowledge of hazing is almost entirely related to fraternities, and some of the shit guys I know had to go through or put up with is pretty horrific. I’m baffled why anyone considers it acceptable let alone a way of “building comraderie” or whatever excuse is given.

I thought the towel snapping thing was limited to movies and TV shows.

Last edited by a moderator:

Future

Everyone knows that when people flirt they push boundaries. Sometimes signals do get crossed too

But also sometimes people know exactly what they are doing and push boundaries they know the other person doesn’t want.

Just cuz the behavior works with some people doesn’t mean it works everywhere. Everyone fucking knows this, whether it’s flirting, or just workplace manners. If you push boundaries in the wrong environment or with the wrong people you should be intelligent enough to understand why someone might get pissed. Now does that mean you deserve to be forever shamed? No. But people should recognize they might have fucked up

Millions of men get by everyday without doing creepy shit to women. It’s not that complicated and it’s not that hard. Don’t fucking touch women’s skirts at work.

I've had my ass slapped by women at work. If I tried to wedge my way into the metoo movement however, I'd be laughed at because I'm a straight white male. No, having some fat office heifer pinch or slap your ass isn't pleasant, it's demeaning.

I agree we should be more civilized around people's privates, but it should extend to both sexes. Or none.

well i can only say from my perspective but ive had ladies slapping my ass and touching me and shit. personally it doesnt bother me or make me feel less than anything cause i honestly like the attention and to be honest i let out the energy. doesnt mean everyone else likes it and its unprofessional as shit. i mean not all jobs are created equal and ive had jobs in which its older women and im a younger guy but its 100 percent a double standard. chicks can be creeps all day but i also think a guy being creepy is worse than a girl being creepy. maybe im wrong in this

Top Bottom