• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

In just less than 2 days of preorder, Super Mario 3D All-Star already becomes the 3rd best selling software on amazon.com 2020 total sales chart

Bodomism

Banned

2020 total software sales ranking

1. ACNH
2. MK8D
3. SM3DAS
4. TLOU2
5. BOTW

At this rate it's going to take the throne from Animal Crossing.

Looks like it's inevitable that Nintendo Switch will explode once again during its launch time.
20 million copies incoming?

Update 1: No 2 after overtaking MK8D and Animal Crossing NH digital code is within sight.

Last edited:

Calverz

I ordered the physical as it will increase in value. I have a superior version of sm64 on pc in ultrawide.

Lupin3

Targeting terrorists with a D-Pad
the lack of Galaxy 2 is puzzling tho

Color me yellow and call me daisy if they won’t sell it to you as a stand-alone later on.

proxy-image

Bodomism

Banned
That's maybe because switch owners have nothing to play but Nintendo games. So when one comes out they jump on it?
That's true, the same reason why Nintendo has three 1st party software sell above 20M and three more are going to reach that milestone too.

On the other hand, GTAV, COD, and FIFA are the top seller for PS4 and XBO.

Porcile

i dont even have a switch and i am buying just to sell it couple years later

By the time March 31st comes around there might be 5 million of these things out in the world and that's a conservative estimate. How much money do you think you're going to make? That's also assuming the market isn't completely saturated with these things from people who thought the same thing as you.

Last edited:

Bodomism

Banned

Sleepwalker

Artificial scarcity, nice.

Game's as lazy as it can get IMO but making it "time limited" has made the users go into a rampage. This is why they don't actually care about having a decently sized catalogue of games/IPs.

Can't wait for the Zelda anniversary time limited collection this time next year. Including OoT (again), Wind Waker (again, easy port) and skyward sword. But no TP or Majora's mask.

Last edited:

Porcile

Artificial scarcity, nice.

Game's as lazy as it can get IMO but making it "time limited" has made the users go into a rampage. This is why they don't actually care about having a decently sized catalogue of games/IPs.

Can't wait for the Zelda anniversary time limited collection this time next year. Including OoT (again), Wind Waker (again, easy port) and skyward sword. But no TP or Majora's mask.

Artificial scarcity? As far I can see no shops have sold out of pre-orders and by the time the run comes to end there will be millions of these things in the world. I don't know about you, but I can't think of any product where 5 million (a conservative estimate) copies of it exist and it's hard to find or sold at a massive mark up. Maybe in 5 years or 10 years, but by then there will be another alternative for playing these on a completely different piece of hardware.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Artificial scarcity? As far I can see no shops have sold out of pre-orders and by the time the run comes to end there will be millions of these things in the world. I don't know about you, but I can't think of any product where 5 million (a conservative estimate) copies of it exist and it's hard to find or sold at a massive mark up. Maybe in 5 years or 10 years, but by then there will be another alternative for playing these on a completely different piece of hardware.
It's ok, some manbabies were born in 2020, this is the first limited run of a thing they have seen and they don't know what the words they use mean (oh buh, mah favorite amiibo was sold out, that evil artificial scarcity! oh no, novelty toy NES Mini was sold out, that artificial scarcity! oh no, it's a limited edition, damn as®! etc.).

Last edited:

Sleepwalker

Yeah, maybe it was not the correct term to use, my bad if so. It doesn't really change the rest of my post though, which was the main focus of it anyway. Won't the digital edition be essentially extinct though, as it's getting delisted from their shop. I guess you could find codes via third parties but eventually those would in theory run out as well.

It's ok, some manbabies were born in 2020, this is the first limited run of a thing they have seen and they don't know what the words they use mean (oh buh, mah favorite amiibo was sold out, that evil artificial scarcity! oh no, novelty toy NES Mini was sold out, that artificial scarcity! oh no, it's a limited edition, damn as®! etc.).

It's ok Al3x1s, let it all out.

To be honest no one talked about evil (just laziness?) and I'm not aware or have any interest on whatever's going on with the amiibos or the NES mini but I do hope you manage to find your copies of those things (y)

Last edited:

GamerEDM

Banned
By the time March 31st comes around there might be 5 million of these things out in the world and that's a conservative estimate. How much money do you think you're going to make? That's also assuming the market isn't completely saturated with these things from people who thought the same thing as you.

Same thing was said about this. How did that turn out?
gjruZG1.jpg

Last edited:

Hestar69

I know they half assed it,well, if that. But I have never played any of these for more than 5 minutes and look forward to playing them. ESPECIALLY if I can play galaxy without motion BS.

Kokoloko85

Lol this is the reason Nintendo will Nintendo.
Was at least hoping 16.9 for Mario 64...
60 dollars lol. They deserve the Wii U treatment

Last edited:
I'm guessing their digital adoption rate is lower than Sony or Microsoft, Sony said 70% of the games they sold were digital last quarter.

Max_Po

Banned
Phil S.: Eeeeeeeeeeewwwww

So anti consumer..... selling older software again.... who believes in generations ?

... ewweeeeww

Last edited:

Hunnybun

Doesn't it apply to digital copies too?

In which case it definitely is artificial scarcity.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
We'll see if they sell them separately or not after the fact, if they do then it's just a limited time bundle offer, there's been plenty of that too, like how it's humble bundle's sole business, but the games individually are still available wherever. I guess not knowing for sure is a problem. But it's not like you ever know when/if this or that game will get delisted from this or that store these days (of course there's less chance for problems with an actual first party title like this without licensed content, assuming these have nothing like that). As for the guy likening this to the "no generations" and backward compatibility stuff, eh, easy to promise back compat when you only have very few generations of systems altogether and nothing with crazy media like cartridges and mini discs. But even so, backwards compatibility is one thing, actual game availability another. Selling old games is a good thing, lol, just as on PC you have backwards compatibility spanning decades (and so many consoles as well as PC systems thanks to emulation) but still need someone like gog.com to actually offer games you want for sale, lol. People mix up so much crap in here, it's like a kindergarten. I don't even play on consoles the last couple of decades and I was a sega kid as given away or at least hinted by my avatar and tag but that guy was adamant in responding to me like I'm some kind of a Nintendo fanboy that buys up anything they throw in the market, haha. People go nuts for N.

Last edited:

Sw0pDiller

Couldnt give a rats ass for Mario 64 personally, but definitely in for Galaxy and Sunshine, the lack of Galaxy 2 is puzzling tho
Welk not THAT puzzling if you ask me. This game will sell millions and more and Nintendo will earn a hell of a lot money from it. And in about one or two years they will announce super mario 3d all stars 2, with galaxy 2, super mario world 3d and one more. And the gaming press will applaud them en they can cash in for the second time.

Codes 208

Top Bottom