• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

In or Near Chicago? Batman Begins is filiming tonight!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tortfeasor

I just walked over to where they are filming and they said they are going to film a scene tonight where Batman jumps out of a window tonight. It is a pretty big stunt scene and I am sure it will be interesting.

Anyways, they were just finishing lighting the scene and then they were going to do several safety checks afterwards. After that the big scene... They said it might be as late as 2 or 3am tonight.

Anyways, if you are near the city, head down!! They are on Franklin between Lake and Randolph (downtown). There is security but you can get close enough to see pretty much everything. When I was down there they were filiming some fight scenes on a rooftop. Very cool.

effzee

man sounds awesome. ive never been a set but i remember producers of spiderman came around my high school in queens to scout our school as the possible location for the school scenes. the news spread like crazy thru the classes but nothing materialized from it.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
effzee said:
man sounds awesome. ive never been a set but i remember producers of spiderman came around my high school in queens to scout our school as the possible location for the school scenes. the news spread like crazy thru the classes but nothing materialized from it.

WTF? You went to Forest Hills High School too?

Tortfeasor

Let me know how it went... I live two blocks from where they are filiming, so they had to notify our entire building as to filming times and such because of the inconvience of the road closures.

Anyways, they are supposed to film scenes with a helecopter both Sunday and Monday night. Should be great stuff to watch!!

Ok....pic time!!!

DSC00399.jpg

GPD squad.

DSC00401.jpg

the building that they were filming on top of.

DSC00407.jpg

Gary Oldman.

DSC00424.jpg

Stunt scene with Bale reporteding watching from the window.

Went there w/ Solrak last night. He's got a few pics of the Batman stunt double, Gary fucking Oldman up close and personal, as well as a Gotham PD car. I also met the guy who provided that sweet Batmobile footage from a few days ago.

Really nice guy that Gordon err Oldman, signed a few autographs even though you could tell the guy was dying to hit his trailer for some zzz's.

For about an hour we were staring at the back of Christian Bale in his batsuit, the bastard sat on the rooftop for what seemed like an enternity. Saw a Gotham cop eating a donut (life imitating art, or the other way around) while on break. Not much else to report.

We eventually got tired (by 4am they hadn't even started filming) so we decided to wrap up and be content with the pics we did get.

Solrak, email me the pics @ salparadisejr@gmail.com and i'll host em and put them up for you.

Bob White

Sleep? Sleep?!

This is BATMAN, guys. You OWE it to us to go there and take pics no matter how long you have to stay up.

Just think of all the "thanks man" you're going to get. I say it's worth it.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Damn, I live only a few blocks away from the filming location right downtown(Ontario st.) but I missed out.

In other news I just witnessed a minute long teaser trailer for the movie online conicidentally. Basically shows a very young Bruce Wayne talking about the death of his parents and the reciprocation he plans to commit his life towards. No real shots of Bale other than a very quick flash of him in the cape and cowel. Most of the footage is just scenery shots of young Wayne journeying through the mountains of Asia...

OMG Bale went nuts on a girl that took his pic!!!

from Superhero Hype Boards

posted by Heaven n Hell:

Hi all. This is my first post as I was at filming last night and someone directed me to this site. I was there around 11-4:30, same time as chrisguyver (I was the Asian girl in the grey shirt if you remember). I have to agree with chrisguyver, Gary Oldman was soooo nice. He took time out to sign autographs and take pictures with us on more than one occasion. However Mr. Bale wasn't so nice. Before I go any further let me just say that I have been a HUGE Bale fan for a good 10 years or so since I saw him in Newsies. Needless to say I was very excited to catch a glimpse of him last night. The first encounter with him was him walking from his trailer to the set on the roof. This was about at midnight. No one talked to him as he seemed very unapproachable but I just coughed it up to him getting into character and still decided to wait 4 1/2 hours to get an autograph from him as he left. When he finally did leave the set, there were 12 of us fans waiting outside, instead of heading straight to his trailer where he would have to pass us on the sidewalk he crossed diagonally across the street. So the crowd follows him and a couple of people snap some pictures. Well this is the part that turns ugly as he turned to one of the girls there and yelled out obsentities and called her a name then flipped her off because she was being rude for taking pictures without asking. It seemed to me like the whole group of us froze in our tracks and my jaw dropped. He didn't sign autographs and as he left he didn't even look back at us. I'm still floored by his behavior... yes, taking pictures without asking is rude and perhaps he had a really bad night... but I don't think that excuses his attitude last night... he could have gone about things in a much more gracefully fashion and for that he has lost some MAJOR cool points in my book.

WOW!

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
I dunno, I have a hard time hating on actors who get annoyed with fans and whatnot who approach them on the set. These guys are doing their jobs, usually working long hours and in this case, in a likely uncomfortable costume. Bale's also 100% into the whole method acting thing and you know, I'd be annoyed with people hounding me as I left for my trailer too. Such fans are really just unpaid paparazzi. He's getting paid to act and later do the press circuit, he's not getting paid to spend his spare time on the set dealing with flash bulbs and pens and paper.

It's one thing if the actor makes himself open to interact with the crowd, like Oldman obviously did, but if a guy's blatantly trying to avoid the crowd and it comes after him, I really can't have sympathy for that crowd. No one wants to involuntarily deal with something like that after a long day of work; doesn't matter who you are, what you're doing or how much you're getting paid.

That's my two cents.

Tortfeasor

By the way... They are back out there tonight. The whole area from Randolph up to hubbard is lit down Wells and Franklin.

Shinobi

That story merely proves that Bale is as much of an asshole as the real Batman. They've made the perfect choice.

Christian Bale > you and your mother.

Slo

I just happened to be on West Adams this morning near the Sears tower and I saw a bunch of police barracades sitting on the side walk that said Gotham City Police on them. I was like OMGWTFHI2U.

:D

those fuckers should have left Bale alone. Lets see how you guys would react if a bunch of people started yapping at you after a long day of work.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Shouting obsceneties my ass. He probably told them that he's "fucking tired" and wants to be left alone. Of course, being the little bitches they are, they turn it into something else and immediately say that he swore at them and yelled at them.

Right.

OK....just got back from filming. Apperently they told me that someone leaked out pics from saturday night on Superherohype.com and that they were extra careful with those that had ANY type of electrical device on them. All in all, it was a good night of shooting. Got to meet a lot of the extras there and some of the PAs. I was next to Katie Homes....twice....and asked for a pic....no such luck. The first time I saw her, I was on my way to check on my car when I passed by her trailer and she was outside with her PA and a security guard. As we made eye contact, she looked at me like I was going to mug her or something. I was going to ask her for a pic when the guard told me "keep on walking". As I was walking away I heard her say thank you to the guard. What did I do wrong? The second time, I was at the corner when I saw her and her PA walking towards me to get to her trailer. I flat out asked her..."Ms. Homes....Ms. Homes" but she just kept on walking....didn't even look at me when I was calling her name. Again....WHAT DID I DO WRONG? what.....do I have some fatal contagious illness that if you acknowedged me, you would catch it??? Oh well....I'm happy with the pics that I got. I'll see if I can brighten some up and give them to paradise to host and post.

AniHawk

Dan said:
I dunno, I have a hard time hating on actors who get annoyed with fans and whatnot who approach them on the set. These guys are doing their jobs, usually working long hours and in this case, in a likely uncomfortable costume. Bale's also 100% into the whole method acting thing and you know, I'd be annoyed with people hounding me as I left for my trailer too. Such fans are really just unpaid paparazzi. He's getting paid to act and later do the press circuit, he's not getting paid to spend his spare time on the set dealing with flash bulbs and pens and paper.

It's one thing if the actor makes himself open to interact with the crowd, like Oldman obviously did, but if a guy's blatantly trying to avoid the crowd and it comes after him, I really can't have sympathy for that crowd. No one wants to involuntarily deal with something like that after a long day of work; doesn't matter who you are, what you're doing or how much you're getting paid.

That's my two cents.

While you have a point, and I do agree to an extent, how much is this guy getting paid? It's not like he spent all day chasing carts, loading and unloading television sets, dumping the trash, jumping into trash compactors (and more...) for 8 hours. He was fucking acting. I'm sorry, but when you're going to be paid multiple times what someone makes in a YEAR, for something which the average Joe can only DREAM of doing, then you lose the right to be an angry asshole. These people are his fans (some just fans of celebrities, true), if they love you that much, at least let them know in a nicer way that you are tired and had a long day, act like you're exhausted.

Some times these guys let their heads get way too damn big. If they didn't want to have this attention, they should have gone working at McDonalds.

On the plus side, good to know Batman's being played by an angry asshole. And good to know Mr. Oldman is nicer than Holmes and Bale. :p

Bog

Junior Ace
Cmdr. Solrak said:
OK....just got back from filming. Apperently they told me that someone leaked out pics from saturday night on Superherohype.com and that they were extra careful with those that had ANY type of electrical device on them. All in all, it was a good night of shooting. Got to meet a lot of the extras there and some of the PAs. I was next to Katie Homes....twice....and asked for a pic....no such luck. The first time I saw her, I was on my way to check on my car when I passed by her trailer and she was outside with her PA and a security guard. As we made eye contact, she looked at me like I was going to mug her or something. I was going to ask her for a pic when the guard told me "keep on walking". As I was walking away I heard her say thank you to the guard. What did I do wrong? The second time, I was at the corner when I saw her and her PA walking towards me to get to her trailer. I flat out asked her..."Ms. Homes....Ms. Homes" but she just kept on walking....didn't even look at me when I was calling her name. Again....WHAT DID I DO WRONG? what.....do I have some fatal contagious illness that if you acknowedged me, you would catch it??? Oh well....I'm happy with the pics that I got. I'll see if I can brighten some up and give them to paradise to host and post.

You probably don't look like Dawson or Pacey.

AniHawk said:
While you have a point, and I do agree to an extent, how much is this guy getting paid? It's not like he spent all day chasing carts, loading and unloading television sets, dumping the trash, jumping into trash compactors (and more...) for 8 hours. He was fucking acting. I'm sorry, but when you're going to be paid multiple times what someone makes in a YEAR, for something which the average Joe can only DREAM of doing, then you lose the right to be an angry asshole. These people are his fans (some just fans of celebrities, true), if they love you that much, at least let them know in a nicer way that you are tired and had a long day, act like you're exhausted.

Some times these guys let their heads get way too damn big. If they didn't want to have this attention, they should have gone working at McDonalds.

On the plus side, good to know Batman's being played by an angry asshole. And good to know Mr. Oldman is nicer than Holmes and Bale. :p

Uh, Bale, AKA BATMAN, had been acting in the rubber batsuit for HOURS until 4am or so. I can imagine that he was more than a little testy when everythign was wrapped up... dude wanted to be left alone to hit the fucking sack... fucking fans. If the guy doesn't seem approachable, then don't fucking approach. Idiots, I swear...

AniHawk

HalfPastNoon said:
Uh, Bale, AKA BATMAN, had been acting in the rubber batsuit for HOURS until 4am or so. I can imagine that he was more than a little testy when everythign was wrapped up... dude wanted to be left alone to hit the fucking sack... fucking fans. If the guy doesn't seem approachable, then don't fucking approach. Idiots, I swear...

I never said he should roll over and give out autographs for hours. He should've at least let them know in a nicer way that he was tired.

Like Alpha said, he prolly said he was "fucking tired" and wanted to go to sleep. I can see how that could be turned around.

And I didn't think it was a rubber batsuit...

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
AniHawk said:
I never said he should roll over and give out autographs for hours. He should've at least let them know in a nicer way that he was tired.
Yeah, but again, the report says Bale was blatantly walking in a direction to avoid the crowd. He cut across the street so that he wouldn't have to deal with them. What kind of a hint did these people need? "Hmm, he saw us, then changed direction and went over there. I guess that means he wants us to follow him!" I mean, c'mon.

I really don't understand the argument that just because you're an actor you automatically have to give up your privacy and deal with fans who are hounding you as you go to and from work. You're paid to act and usually do a press circuit. Nothing more. Fans act like the people that work on these movies owe them something, and they just don't.

Oh, and Cmdr. Solrak, her name is Katie Holmes. That might be a good start to getting her attention.

Shinobi

Not neccessarily...it isn't like Tobey McGuire fans footed every dollar of his salary in the Spidey movies. The general consumer helps pay that stuff off, doesn't mean they're all fans of the actors involved.

i wish more celebrities were like him. I hate people who think spending $10 on a movie ticket entitles them to get autographs or take pictures with somebody whenever they want. Sorry. My relationship with Christian Bale is as follows: I spend $10 on Batman Begins ticket-->i watch Batman Begins. Thats it.

Tortfeasor

Just got back from the shoot tonight... They are racing GPD cars and trucks over Franklin St bridge. Also, they have the batmobile set up on lower wacker between lake and franklin.

B'z-chan

Banned
Finally i am convinced that this is going to be the best batman movie ever now. Great freaking pictures and wow i'm stunned just form pictures, and thats without the bat. Cool stuff summer 05 cant come quicker

Shinobi

I've had a quiet confidence about this movie ever since Christian Bale was cast as the Bat. I really think this could be the Batman movie I've been waiting for, at least in live action form.

God, that Batmobile is horrible. I think the movie is somewhat credible then I see that monstrosity and its just too retarded looking and i feel like its Catwoman 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom