• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

In this thread we post screens of early videogame builds

FortNinety said:
Does anyone have the very first screenshots from Mega Man X? They came out about a year before the final game... it featured X in a city, but everthing was all white and the sky was clear blue with some clouds. I think it was the opening, which got replaced with a nighttime setting. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

MMX.jpg

Too lazy to hook up my scanner, so you get this cropped camera picture =P

ManaByte

Gold Member
Captain N said:
They were going to release it on the N64?

Yes and I actually think one or two of those PS1 shots may actually be N64 shots.

Onimusha began as a "Resident Evil With Ninjas" game on the N64 before moving to the PS1 and then PS2.

Kevtones

Sonic Xtreme looks ****ing trippy......

It also looks better/cooler/more fun then any 3D Sonic thats been released. WTF Sega?

Does anyone have any pictures of Yoshi's Island's first showing? I'd love to have seen the versions that existed prior to it as well, apparantly it was scrapped a few times, possibly having DKC style rendered graphics at one point. (found here) Not sure how true that is though.. but glad it ended up the way it did!

Bring on YMFI2!

sosth_xtreme1.jpg

here's the thing, ok? this game was going to suck. it was going to suck louis st ides donkey dick. m'k? i do appreciate your posting these pics, however.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
watching that 2001 DNF trailer really makes me wonder what in the name of god those people have been doing for the last 5 years. have the developers ever expained their actions and methods in detail? ridiculous.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Apharmd Battler said:
LMAO..I still have camcorder footage of this stuff I nabbed at the last E3 that was held in Atlanta (I can't remember the year right now).

I was wondering when somebody would take the plunge.......

i still have the trailer (direct feed) of this... AND the E3 1998 trailer of DNF (which is always fun to watch)

Sweedishrodeo

the smegma spreader
i didnt catch this thread earlier in the summer ... fighting polygon lol.

i also forgot that devil may cry came from early re4 builds.

lol @ OoT builds

Yoboman

Mario said:
Here are a couple from our studio (ah, the memories :) )

Rugby League (at December 02)

rl_01.jpg

Rugby League (when it shipped in December 03)

rlc_03.jpg
Oooh, you make the Rugby League games? Any next gen plans for the League games?

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
Yoboman said:
Oooh, you make the Rugby League games? Any next gen plans for the League games?

We are discussing what platforms the next iteration might appear on (current is PS2, Xbox, and PC).

Next gen is a possibility though it may be a while before a next gen version arrives as rugby league is a fairly niche sport in the scheme of things. PSP is also a possibility.

HomerSimpson-Man said:
Man, look at the pricetag of this puppy too.

Someone must have chopped that pic because we all know that there have never been any games released over $59, and we all know what an OUTRAGE $59 games are.

lol, perspective

Time for the giant RE post. RE4 was already covered so I wont be doing that. All these are courtesy of the excellent RE site, Biohaze:

RE1:

biob7.gif

biob2.gif

biob5.gif

biob10.gif

RE: CV:

cvbeta1.jpg

cvbeta4.jpg

cvbeta8.jpg

ncvbeta3.gif

ncvbeta7.gif

Beta movies, here and here

RE Gameboy:

gbc2.gif

gbc4.gif

gbc8.gif

gbc5.gif

RE1.5 :

You all know RE1.5, you can find a ton of videos and pics here.

Chittagong

Gold Member
bluemax said:
This reminds me, I swear I remember playing a version of SMB3 on these demo stations in the middle of the Kent mall in Washington state that had different levels from the the final game. When Lost Levels was announced I was excited cause I thought it was the lost levels from SMB3, but obviously it wasn't. I seem to also remember maps for levels in Nintendo Power that I don't recall ever playing in SMB3.

Am I just delusional?

In a way you are right. Even the box of Super Mario Bros 3 featured an outdated overworld map screenshot that couldn't be found anywhere in the game. I was working in Club Nintendo back then, we got a shit ton of calls from people trying to find the world. Not sure if it has ever been playable to the public, though. Maybe in PlayChoice cabinets.

SolidSnakex said:

It's pretty impressive how much these shots resemble the final game, since IIRC they were from several years before FF X shipped. Tidus and Yuna have the same names & design, the first two screenshots are obviously from the Calm Lands, and the bottom shot is Luca. The menu design changed of course, but other than that ...

edit: the logo is also different ;)

Dreamfixx

I don't know shit about shit
aurto511 said:
Moved these pics to here from an obscure edit I did further back in the thread in case some people missed it:

Where did you find these? I'd like to read more about it's development.

Rei_Toei

Fclvat sbe Pnanqn, ru?
Thread sure brings back memories.. I'll scan some more of the early MGS stuff, have two EDGE issues with a lot of material (and cool art) that I haven't seen online yet. Also, I'de love to see the early FFVII stuff mentioned - I've never heard of it, let alone seen anything of it.

Krusty's Super Fun House wasn't a Simpsons game originally.
rattrap1.png

rattrap2.png
rattrap3.png

The publisher got the Simpsons license and needed a game to use it with.

Uridium 2 (Gameboy Color version)
uridiumgbc2.jpg
uridiumgbc1.jpg

To bad it was cancelled.

Top Bottom