• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

In this thread we speculate if Hilary will run in 2020

Panda1

Banned
Apparently this is true. She is still the second most popular choice after binden to democrats.

I hope she does it would be amazing.

MOD EDIT - DONT POST MISLEADING THREAD TITLES.

Last edited by a moderator:

Corrik

Fake News. I mean, she very well possibly could but this is a misleading as hell topic.

Personally, if she runs, she guarantees my vote for Trump. And I am super open to options other than Trump, whether Democrat or Republican.

JordanN

Banned
Part of me actually welcomes this. Hillary might be as close to "moderate" the Democratic party gets.

Considering the state of the left right now where they're attacking people with MAGA hats, they might be demanding an ultra communist race baiter to run in 2020, in which case, I rather have Hillary back than Joseph Stalin 2.0.

Panda1

Banned
Apparently?
apparently
əˈparəntli/
adverb

1. as far as one knows or can see.
    "the child nodded, apparently content with the promise"
    synonyms:seemingly, evidently, it seems (that), it would seem (that), it appears (that), it would appear (that), as far as one knows, by all accounts, so it seems;
    ostensibly, outwardly, on the face of it, to all appearances, to all intents and purposes, on the surface, so the story goes, so I'm told;
    allegedly, supposedly, reputedly;
    rareostensively
    "apparently he had a mild heart attack"

Harksteed

Banned
1) The title says she is going to run
2) The thread says "apparently" but doesn't actually refer to any news or anything
3) This is dumb

She would have to change her strategy a lot. The idea is to win people over on merit, not tell everyone they are awful if they refuse to vote for her.

TheMikado

Banned
From your “sources”:

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/10/17/hil...dent-but-will-continue-to-call-out-trump.html

Hillary Clinton said she will not run for president again but will stay involved in politics and continue to speak out against President Donald Trump.

Speaking to BBC Radio 4's "Woman's Hour" program in comments aired on Tuesday, Clinton said: "No, I'm not going to run again.”

The only reason I can assume someone would jump to this conclusion is due to this:

Clinton makes her comments to the BBC after Trump tweeted that he hoped she would run in 2020.

Thus my only logical conclusion is to assume that because Trump tweeted it, some people actually believed it without checking facts which is incredibly terrifying.

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
It won't matter. Another Democratic candidate will rise up and the party will either ask her to step aside or she will do it herself. The Dems will see the Blue Wave in the mid-terms of bringing in fresh faces and will want to continue that success. Also Trump likely not being around for a 2nd term is also another bonus.

The next 4 years are gonna be a huge bright spot for the Dems and the country. They are gonna bring the country into the modern era even if they have to drag a portion of the country into it kicking and screaming.

The funniest part is they have Trump to thank for all of it when its said and done. His absolute disaster of a presidency has fueled the American people to be more politically active than they have since the 60s. His administrations utter incapability to do anything without fucking it up first is the greatest weapon the Dems have at this point.

Now all we need is Schumer, Pelosi and Clinton to piss off and this country will be finally set on the right path.

Last edited:

Corrik

It won't matter. Another Democratic candidate will rise up and the party will either ask her to step aside or she will do it herself. The Dems will see the Blue Wave in the mid-terms of bringing in fresh faces and will want to continue that success. Also Trump likely not being around for a 2nd term is also another bonus.

The next 4 years are gonna be a huge bright spot for the Dems and the country. They are gonna bring the country into the modern era even if they have to drag a portion of the country into it kicking and screaming.

The funniest part is they have Trump to thank for all of it when its said and done. His absolute disaster of a presidency has fueled the American people to be more politically active than they have since the 60s. His administrations utter incapability to do anything without fucking it up first is the greatest weapon the Dems have at this point.

Now all we need is Schumer, Pelosi and Clinton to piss off and this country will be finally set on the right path.
You possibly are going to be in for a rude awakening... = /

down 2 orth

If she really is "considering" it, it could just be a pretense for her backers to pressure other power brokers into making consessions for her not to run. Kind of in the same vein as Bloomberg and Zuckerberg, even though the latter case backfired into an epic shitstorm.

Dunki

Cool so we get 8 years of Trump huh? Cool good that i do not live in America I guess^^

Also to the people saying she will not run. Sanders was also way more popular and Hillary got it because she raised way more money than Bernie ever did. Also if you do not vote for Hillary you are being demonized as a sexist so good luck to whoever tries to go against her.

Last edited:
The problem is, most younger people don't vote, and most older people made up their minds about Hillary Clinton years ago. Remember this Hillary Clinton? Voters did.

I still have to wonder if Sanders would have beaten Trump.

Spheyr

Banned

Pffhahaha

Nobody_Important

Pffhahaha
You can laugh. Thats fine. But the Blue Wave is very real if you have even been paying even a LITTLE attention and Trump is writing his own death warrant as far as a second term is concerned. Between his own actions, the actions of his staff, the actions of the GOP and Muellers investigation his public image is fucking shit. Even the most optimistic polls have his approval below 50%.

I know you wanna believe so badly its not true, but the reality is far from it.

You possibly are going to be in for a rude awakening... = /

The actual goings on in the country disagree. The Dems have flipped over 40 seats macros the country since Trump took office and the polls are NOT kind towards the GOP right now.

And thats not even taking into account all the scandals and fuck ups that will be happening in the weeks leading up to the mid-terms.

Last edited:

Dunki

You can laugh. Thats fine. But the Blue Wave is very real if you have even been paying even a LITTLE attention and Trump is writing his own death warrant as far as a second term is concerned. Between his own actions, the actions of his staff, the actions of the GOP and Muellers investigation his public image is fucking shit. Even the most optimistic polls have his approval below 50%.

I know you wanna believe so badly its not true, but the reality is far from it.
he also did not won the popularity vote. I think you are forgetting how your system works. The majority voted for person does not win. What you need to do t win is to find ways to get back the red states and this does not work with identity politics. that does not work by stigmatizing men and white people in general. This does not work with modern feminism when less that . 18% in the US consider themselves a feminist.

Nobody_Important

he also did not won the popularity vote. I think you are forgetting how your system works. The majority voted for person does not win. What you need to do t win is to find ways to get back the red states and this does not work with identity politics. that does not work by stigmatizing men and white people in general. This does not work with modern feminism when less that . 18% in the US consider themselves a feminist.

I guess we will find out very soon then won't we. I for one am feeling pretty fucking confident. The country is more politically active than it has been in decades and Trumps presidency has been a disaster and an embarrassment so far. The majority of the country is against him and everything he stands for. And on top of that I can only assume the media and the Russia investigation will have more breaking news in the months to come. That certainly will not be helping the cause of the GOP.

Thats not even taking into account the scandals and embarrassments that Trump's own administration will create for itself. Its been nonstop since he took office so I don't see that stopping just because the mid-terms are close by.

Last edited:

Dunki

I guess we will find out very soon then won't we. I for one am feeling pretty fucking confident. The country is more politically active than it has been in decades and Trumps presidency has been a disaster and an embarrassment so far. The majority of the country is against him and everything he stands for. And on top of that I can only assume the media and the Russia investigation will have more breaking news in the months to come. That certainly will not be helping the cause of the GOP.

Thats not even taking into account the scandals and embarrassments that Trump's own administration will create for itself. Its been nonstop since he took office so I don't see that stopping just because the mid-terms are close by.
I can be wrong here but I thought the people who voted last time were on a record percentage compared to other elections. Im my experience the amount of people voting depends if everything is fine or not. And people certainly wanted change with Trump. Good or bad does not matter in this case. But all they wanted is was change. The AFD in Germany also gets more votes if there are more people voting. Right now they are the second strongest political group according to research surveys/stuidies.

But yeah we will see. I will just say that if Hillary runs again she will lose in a great way.

Last edited:

Link1110

She probably will, seeing how there are 80s cartoon villains less obnoxiously persistent than her. I'm personally hoping she doesn't and the dems run a good centrist who won't give in to extremists, but you never know.

Nobody_Important

I can be wrong here but I thought the people who voted last time were on a record percentage compared to other elections.

You would be wrong. Voter turnout was lower than it was than when Obama first ran. Roughly 55% vs 58%

Last edited:

Panda1

Banned
From your “sources”:

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/10/17/hil...dent-but-will-continue-to-call-out-trump.html

Hillary Clinton said she will not run for president again but will stay involved in politics and continue to speak out against President Donald Trump.

Speaking to BBC Radio 4's "Woman's Hour" program in comments aired on Tuesday, Clinton said: "No, I'm not going to run again.”

The only reason I can assume someone would jump to this conclusion is due to this:

Clinton makes her comments to the BBC after Trump tweeted that he hoped she would run in 2020.

Thus my only logical conclusion is to assume that because Trump tweeted it, some people actually believed it without checking facts which is incredibly terrifying.

why can you not have a discussion about it ? its hardly beyond conception and why not - against a nazi she will win in a landslide PLUS she is a woman!

Corrik

I would likely vote for Bernie over Trump. Would have last election likely also.

Personally, I am hoping Trump does not seek a 2nd term and hands off a booming economy to another Republican to take the reins during.

Nobody_Important

Personally, I am hoping Trump does not seek a 2nd term and hands off a booming economy to another Republican to take the reins during.

Given the GOP's public track record so far and Trump's ludicrous Tariffs that is highly unlikely. His tariffs alone are dangerous as fuck to the global economy and thats not even mentioning the fact he just told the UK to sue the EU.

Corrik

Given the GOP's public track record so far and Trump's ludicrous Tariffs that is highly unlikely. His tariffs alone are dangerous as fuck to the global economy and thats not even mentioning the fact he just told the UK to sue the EU.
I get you are hoping for downfall because it helps your party or whatever, but as long as the economy stays strong and the numbers remain good, let's assume that continues on instead of naysaying. No evidence supports said naysaying as of now.

when was the last time a president had served only one term? A very long time ago. Regardless of who is running against him, Trump will most likely serve two terms as the last few presidents have. I don't really care for him but I am sure it will be guaranteed.

Last edited:

Corrik

when was the last time a president had served only one term? A very long time ago. Regardless of who is running against him, Trump will most likely serve two terms as the last few presidents have. I don't really care for him but I am sure it will be guaranteed.
True. But how many presidents have been like Trump also.

It is not like he was much of a politician before taking office.

Nobody_Important

I get you are hoping for downfall because it helps your party or whatever, but as long as the economy stays strong and the numbers remain good, let's assume that continues on instead of naysaying. No evidence supports said naysaying as of now.

The President of the United States has publicly attacked Canada, the UK, and China all within a matter of weeks and placed tariffs on Canada and China. The Tariffs on China alone total over 200 billion dollars. He also told the UK they should sue the EU. Thats not even mentioning the retaliatory tariffs that will be put in place in response to his asinine tariffs. Then on top of that companies are having to layoff workers as a result of the tariffs and some companies are even threatening to move jobs overseas and companies like Harley-Davidson and Amazon are being attacked publicly by the President.

You seriously gonna sit there and tell me there is no reason to doubt the stability of the economy at the moment? Really?

Corrik

The President of the United States has publicly attacked Canada, the UK, and China all within a matter of weeks and placed tariffs on Canada and China. The Tariffs on China alone total over 200 billion dollars. He also told the UK they should sue the EU. Thats not even mentioning the retaliatory tariffs that will be put in place in response to his asinine tariffs. Then on top of that companies are having to layoff workers as a result of the tariffs and some companies are even threatening to move jobs overseas and companies like Harley-Davidson and Amazon are being attacked publicly by the President.

You seriously gonna sit there and tell me there is no reason to doubt the stability of the economy at the moment? Really?
Yes. Until numbers support your assertion, I think we shouldn't make up scenarios to base upon. If you are correct, the numbers will bear that out.

Nobody_Important

Okay. So you are just admitting you refuse to submit to what the actual numbers detail.

That is fine. Thanks. I won't bother replying anymore then. Fair enough.

No I am saying you are forgoing common sense at this point. You are sitting there telling me that you think that tariffs against our closest ally and one of the most influential economic powers in the world is not gonna affect the economy in a negative way.

At best you are being naive and at worst you are being intentionally obstructive. These tariffs will have very real negative effects. If not financially then diplomatically which will have its own variety of economic effects. Pretending otherwise is ridiculous.

Last edited:

Papa

Banned
Imagine hearing another round of variations on "YAASS QUEEN" again.

KTvaK7I1N5KzZjUyOtkHVkTR6bTs7fRmwLJlWXomS136CAQYQmBAEzpEfylzqo3VCJcJ5zq4S6qSiBYTVq5CvjHDSWGpnBMO62TAH9s_7o8cAfLJaoZzhcPtxLDzKSGXNQ=w220-h166-nc

Dev1lXYZ

Hopefully she runs again. It will be the birth of the new Democratic Party- as I see it breaking up if she is nominated.

TheMikado

Banned
why can you not have a discussion about it ? its hardly beyond conception and why not - against a nazi she will win in a landslide PLUS she is a woman!

Huh is this even coherent? The first line in the OP was “Apparently Hillary is running in 2020” that’s not how speculation works. That’s not how any of this works. Nothing wrong with speculation but speculation isn’t stated as known fact. Again that’s not how any of this works. I’m not even sure what’s happening in the second part of that post.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Even the most optimistic polls have his approval below 50%.

The actual goings on in the country disagree. The Dems have flipped over 40 seats macros the country since Trump took office and the polls are NOT kind towards the GOP right now.
Ah yes, the polls. :rolleyes:

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
Hillary is willing to murder her primary opponents to get what she wants (not talking literally).

She goes out of her way to do these gigantic hit pieces on Obama in '08 and Bernie in '16 so she is just so insanely unlikeable. Qualifications and resume don't even matter in this situation, she's shown that's she's contemptuous and vile and will stop at nothing to get what she wants...and still loses. These aren't the qualities that I want in a president.

Hillary showing back up again for a '20 run would just make me completely lose any faith whatsoever in the political process even harder than I have before.

Anyone else but Hillary. Just about literally.

Hillary is willing to murder her primary opponents to get what she wants (not talking literally).

She goes out of her way to do these gigantic hit pieces on Obama in '08 and Bernie in '16 so she is just so insanely unlikeable. Qualifications and resume don't even matter in this situation, she's shown that's she's contemptuous and vile and will stop at nothing to get what she wants...and still loses. These aren't the qualities that I want in a president.

Hillary showing back up again for a '20 run would just make me completely lose any faith whatsoever in the political process even harder than I have before.

Anyone else but Hillary. Just about literally.

I wish this was true.

Hillary hedged her attacks on Bernie. I would have loved to see the democratic tarnishing campaign of Bernie. She lost to obama in 08 for the same reason. She hedged.

Hillary would be a great fucking president on policy, but she's fucking terrible at engaging.

Last edited:

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
I wish this was true.

Hillary hedged her attacks on Bernie. I would have loved to see the democratic tarnishing campaign of Bernie. She lost to obama in 08 for the same reason. She hedged.

Hillary would be a great fucking president on policy, but she's fucking terrible at engaging.
Oh man, I guess the perspectives are really different depending on who you want to win. Being a supporter of Obama in '08 and Bernie in '16 has made me loathe Hillary. What does that say about the political process when two candidates "on the same side of the fence" have supporters that actively loathe other people with similar values and policy plans?

I never hated Hillary's policies, I just hated the person pushing them based on how she handles herself and the campaign.

Dunki

I wish this was true.

The media did that for her though. It was ridiculous of what kind of shit Bernie had to take from the so called progressive media and how they excused everything Hillary did and does all the time.

Top Bottom