• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Inaba (Platinum Games): Bayonetta 2 would not exist without Nintendo

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
http://www.theverge.com/gaming/2012...t-exist-without-nintendo-platinum-games-wii-u

"Would Bayonetta 2 not exist without Nintendo? The answer is yes," says Atsushi Inaba, executive director at Platinum Games.

In the wake of Bayonetta 2's announcement as an exclusive for the Wii U, fans vocalized their displeasure, hoping that the sequel would be released on the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 like the original Bayonetta. Developers at Platinum Games said it a series of statements this week that it does not want to alienate its fans.

"We are not viewing this as a change of platform," Inaba told Polygon in an interview at Tokyo Game Show. "We were looking for a partner to create Bayonetta 2 and Nintendo was a strong, cooperative partner that was willing to create and grow Bayonetta 2 together [with us]. As a result the platform became the Wii U."

Regardless of the change of platform from PS3 and Xbox 360 to Wii U, Inaba says it won't impact Bayonetta 2's core gameplay.

"We create the basic framework of our games on the PC, so even though the hardware changes it doesn't influence the creation of our games. We've already developed our own engine to work with multiple platforms.

"Because of the Wii U GamePad, we are putting extra thought into how to use these differentiating features," Inaba said. "There's a difference in the game design side, but we are enjoying the challenges of creating games for new hardware."

I sort of feel bad that people at Platinum feel like they need to explain themselves because some people literally feel betrayed.

That said, it's nice to see confirmation.

King Boo

platinum games develop on pc first eh?

i was going to get bayo 2 on wii u, but maybe it will be out for pc at a later time. or perhaps...if the game is really good, i'll double dip.

backlot

i was going to get bayo 2 on wii u, but maybe it will be out for pc at a later time. or perhaps...if the game is really good, i'll double dip.

Just because their games are developed on a PC doesn't necessarily mean they'll release PC versions. I don't think they did with any of their previous games.

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
inb4 people refuse to accept this and continue to believe their own warped narratives

You figured I would be here, didn't you?

Anyways, yeah, I think this story is beautiful, I just don't know whether or not Nintendo really pulled the project from the Platinum Games Cemetery, or just sped up the process for its release by flashing cash, I don't know.

What I do know is that I hate Nintendo a little bit less now, just a tiny, tinsy bit.

Sheroking

Just because their games are developed on a PC doesn't necessarily mean they'll release PC versions. I don't think they did with any of their previous games.

If Nintendo has anything to do with the development of the game, it won't ever touch a non-Nintendo platform.

markot

Banned

>.< nintendo is still the publisher, I dont think they have ever published something for another system...

Quite a few games are made to run on computers for prototype or whatever reasons. It's probably easier and faster to develop and run on a computer than to go through whatever process for running it on a debug unit. It's not really indicative of a PC version being released. Like SSX, for instance.

ezekial45

Banned
Taking our games.

1268854-they_took_our_jobs_super.jpeg

DEY TOOK UUR GAYMES!

zroid

Banned
Bayonetta 2 doesn't exist to me as long as it's WiiU exclusive so same result from my point of view.

It not existing and it existing on the Wii U is the same fate to me, since I'm not buying a Wii U.

It's hard to tell who's joking about this these days, but I'm just going to assume you're serious for a sec...

Can't you people just be happy the game is going to exist? Even if you're not going to play it for whatever reason, why do you have to be pricks about it and pretend otherwise? If you're fans of the original, then just deal with the situation like big boys.

As a Bayonetta I'm just grateful that it exists, I was afraid that it might've turned into a Shenmue 3 which from the looks of it it could've

It's hard to tell who's joking about this these days, but I'm just going to assume you're serious for a sec...

Can't you people just be happy the game is going to exist? Even if you're not going to play it for whatever reason, why do you have to be pricks about it and pretend otherwise? If you're fans of the original, then just deal with the situation like big boys.

I think they don't like the idea of having to pay $410 bucks to play it.

At this point, even though it's going to cost me like an extra three hundred dollars in the long run, I'm glad to see Bayonetta 2 on Wii U just to hear the sweet crying of tiny baby men.

Although I wouldn't mind seeing it on PC. Every step the PC takes towards being a machine that has genres I actually like is a good thing.

Did people complain when Final Fantasy 10 for example was announced for the PS2?

I mean in that case people who were fans of Final Fantasy had to purchase a new console to play it. But I don't remember any complaints regarding that.

Top Bottom