• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Inaba (Platinum Games): Bayonetta 2 would not exist without Nintendo

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Is this thread even about Bayonetta 2 anymore

Need gameplay videos bad

I can see this playing out very similarly to the RE4 situation. Sega has already said they are retaining some of the publishing rights, so if it looks like Nintendo isn't playing ball (as seen when Nintendo offered no support to Capcom with the development of the game), they'll announce a 360/PS3 version before the Wii U version releases in order to cannibalise sales. It worked for RE4...it severely underperformed when released for the GameCube because people knew the PS2 version was on its way, and then when the PS2 version came out I'm pretty sure it outsold the GameCube one in a matter of weeks.

TDLink

I can see this playing out very similarly to the RE4 situation. Sega has already said they are retaining some of the publishing rights, so if it looks like Nintendo isn't playing ball (as seen when Nintendo offered no support to Capcom with the development of the game), they'll announce a 360/PS3 version before the Wii U version releases in order to cannibalise sales. It worked for RE4...it severely underperformed when released for the GameCube because people knew the PS2 version was on its way, and then when the PS2 version came out I'm pretty sure it outsold the GameCube one in a matter of weeks.

No. Quite to the contrary, SEGA has stated that Bayonetta 2 is published by Nintendo. They are not "retaining some of the publishing rights". This is not the same as RE4 (Which Capcom published).

https://twitter.com/SEGA/status/246266152442015744

zroid

Banned

I'm not sure you understand what's happening here.

Also, when did they say that?

Datschge

Why *haven't* we really seen hatred directed at Sony or Microsoft for this?

Because they weren't mentioned. If P* went like "Sega didn't have any more money, so we asked Sony and Microsoft (insert all other possible publishers) who refused, while Nintendo was willing to finance the project further" the scapegoats chosen would be more varied. Nintendo just makes for an easy target due to the odd "non-hardcore" image they somehow earned even while regularly trying to sell "hardcore" games as well.

I had a whole extensive post thought out for this, but eh.

I don't care about exclusive games; if I like it enough, maybe I'll spend the money for a console I'm not specifically interested in. Maybe there will even be other games that I could play that I wouldn't have had access to if I hadn't made the purchase. If not, oh well, maybe I'll play it on a friend's system someday. I wanted to play the LBP games like woah, but fuck if I could afford a 500/600$ system for one game. Raging about it is silly.

HOWEVER!!!

Nintendo please go to double fine and fund/publish psychonauts 2

I would gladly drop any amount of dough on this game and the console it would theoretically be exclusive on because I love that shit. I haven't even finished it yet! I'd heard that it was really good from a few people (and reviews), but they didn't do it justice! It's way better than I ever imagined it would be. That good, people.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
would people also feel betrayed if this would have been a ps4/720 game?

Who knows. Those consoles don't exist yet and don't have any other titles announced for them.

but speaking personally I prefer it being a Wii-U title. Those consoles will probably be more expensive and if this generation was any indication, will probably have alot less titles I want up front.

Top Bottom