• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Incoming PSN Flash Sale (United States)

Ponn

Banned
Should I get the psp version of final fantasy tactics or just get the PSone classic version for 3 bucks. Anyone that has both, please give me some advice. Will be playing on vita

I know people have problems with the PSP version's loading time but they never bothered me and I prefer the extras included with the PSP version.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
You do know that you can backup all your games on your computer's hard drive, right? Been using an 8GB card since forever, and have had no problems at all (26 Vita games).

I did not know this. I wish I had known that before getting rid of my PS3 and deleting the games that I have to transfer from my PS3.

mstevens

In for:

Mega Man Legends 2
Dark Cloud 2
Bastion
Breath of Fire IV

I wish there was a way to buy the games you have from PS+ permanently while they're on sale.

mstevens

Errr... Every time I try to purchase something it says "Your purchase may not be complete. Check your transaction history in your account settings".

I've tried resetting cookies and everything, but nothing seems to fix it.

Animekatt

Errr... Every time I try to purchase something it says "Your purchase may not be complete. Check your transaction history in your account settings".

I've tried resetting cookies and everything, but nothing seems to fix it.

I'm having that same problem when I try to purchase Wild Arms 3...

Edit: I ended up buying from the PS4 store. I noticed on the Store webpage that their https security (sorry, I'm not good when it comes to webpage things) wasn't secure... I went to my account page, which was secure and changed my password just in case. I'm spooked with all of the PSN account hacks.

How many people would want more than 5 games at the same time? 8GB is more than enough. You and your passing urges are in the minority here.

Modern digital media consumers are used to being able to carry around albums with thousands of songs/hundreds of movies without having to pick and choose what they can carry with them at any one time. I'm not sure why that standard shouldn't apply to digital gaming, especially when I can go on Amazon right now and get a 128gb micro SD for $40. How did Sony ever expect digital consumption to fly on a device that you need to sell your kidney to afford the higher storage cards? It's a double kick in the nuts that transfer speed for vita storage and content manager is atrocious.

My list, let me know what you think

Thief
Wild arms 1-3
Geometry wars 3
Breath of fire 4
Brothers
Bastion
Another world
Power stone collection
Metal gear rising revengeance
Beyond good and evil
Okami Hd
Dark cloud 2
Final fantasy 5,6,8,9

Going with tactics psp version since graphics seemed improved

Yesterday I decided to play the psone Classic rpg's that I missed. And for the thousands of games I have played, I have a dark secret. I have never played a Final fantasy.So this sale def helps. I bought vagrant story and xenogears yesterday for vita. Please give me any other jrpg recommendations.

mrmickfran

My list, let me know what you think

Thief
Wild arms 1-3
Geometry wars 3
Breath of fire 4
Brothers
Bastion
Another world
Power stone collection
Metal gear rising revengeance
Beyond good and evil
Okami Hd
Dark cloud 2
Final fantasy 5,6,8,9

Going with tactics psp version since graphics seemed improved

Yesterday I decided to play the psone Classic rpg's that I missed. And for the thousands of games I have played, I have a dark secret. I have never played a Final fantasy.So this sale def helps. I bought vagrant story and xenogears yesterday for vita. Please give me any other jrpg recommendations.

If you have a Wii or Wii U, I suggest playing FFVI on there. The PS1 version has AWFUL load times.

Sanador

There are some great deals there. I am holding out for a Civilization Revolution 2 Plus sale for Vita! Guess I'll check back next month.

dtcm83

Modern digital media consumers are used to being able to carry around their albums of thousands of songs without having to pick and choose what song/album they can carry with them at any one time. I'm not sure why that standard shouldn't apply to digital gaming, especially when I can go on Amazon right now and get a 128gb micro SD for $40,

I just bought a Vita slim and picked up a 64GB memory card right from the get go, threw all my games (40+) on there and now I choose what to play no matter my mood or genre preference, no matter my location. It's all on there already...so convenient.

I agree, with the advent of cheap digital storage I am used to being able to carry around most of my digital content without having to swap out cards or delete things just so I can fit more. I can't imagine what it would be like with only a 4 or 8GB card on my Vita, that would be such a chore having to delete/download/redownload games when I want to play them.

I blame steam and having at least a 1tb game HDD on my PC for the past 10 years or so.

I just bought Divinity for $40 2 days ago. This is the second time this has happened. DAMMIT.

I might grab Dragon Age GOTY. Been meaning to do a DLC/hard mode run.

If you got digitally, call CS and they will refund the difference to you (think original purchase has to be made within a week of it going on sale). This happened to me earlier this year and they took care of me.

I think nows the time to jump into the witcher. Do i need to play the previous games to really understand whats happening? I dont have my ps3 anymore

You don't need to, but I'd suggest you read a summary or, even better, watch Super Bunnyhop's recaps so you have an idea of the setting and where the story is.

Edit:
TW1: http://youtu.be/ZohodiFCOTU
TW2: http://youtu.be/lF860MCMUfQ
Defintely do this. You can get by without it but it helped me big time with a lot of the smaller players. Also helps you make certain decisions if you choose to use Witcher 2 ending settings.

JJD

Anyone owns AEGIS OF EARTH: PROTONOVUS ASSAULT? Is it worth 15 bucks?

I've seen a few reviews saying it's a good tower defense game.

I like the genre but 15 bucks is kinda expensive for a TD game...

Syril

Is it possible to use the PS1 games from the store with emulators? I was thinking about getting Final Fantasy Tactics to try some of the mods for it. Is it even okay to ask about this?

Tempted to get FF Tactics but I was recently thinking about getting the PSP version and was wondering if it's better to skip the PS1 original for that assuming it's superior? Glad I grabbed FF VII last summer when it was on sale for $5.99.

How does Soldner X rate as a shmup?

Anyone owns AEGIS OF EARTH: PROTONOVUS ASSAULT? Is it worth 15 bucks?

I've seen a few reviews saying it's a good tower defense game.

I like the genre but 15 bucks is kinda expensive for a TD game...

It's not quite a tower defense game the way people usually think of them. There's no maze for enemies to run through; instead, you have what amounts to one giant tower with concentric rings that house your weapons, and the defense part of the game is mostly rotating those rings in order to bring specific weapons to bear against enemies attacking from all sides. I thought it was a pretty unique take on the genre, though it's not like we're hurting for quirky takes on tower defense. The other half of the game is a very basic city builder-type game, where you plan your defenses and place auxiliary buildings.

I thought it was decent, but a bit hard to recommend. I'm not totally sure the content justified the original price--I spent 30 hours in it to finish the story, but it does get quite repetitive and once you unlock certain abilities many levels kind of play themselves. That said, I don't regret my purchase, and the first parts of the game are actually quite fun. Just don't expect big production values or deep and varied gameplay mechanics.

If you want a more in-depth review, I also wrote it up for the 52 game challenge.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
You kids need to get DOSEE so Larian will consider a PS4/XB1 version for 2 after the PC version releases this year.

DO MY BIDDING AND BUY A GOOD GAME THAT DESERVES IT.....so I can get dat sequel

fernoca

Got Table Top Racing on PS4 (been eyeing it since release, even was considering getting te origibal ine on Vita) and Another World was too good to pass at under $2.

$6.07 for two good games (with one been playable on both the PS4 and Vita).

hawk2025

WHOA.

First hour of The Magic Circle.

I don't know what this is, but it's mighty impressive. Take a completely blind chance if you want something different.

I can't even begin to explain what this game is about and why I really, really like it.

Nudull

Banned
Final Fantasy VIII
Cyberbots: Full Metal Madness
Thief
Beyond Good & Evil HD
Geometry Wars 3
Wild Arms 3

I did good?

jjonez18

OMG, must resist at that price.... 9 would look so beautiful on my Vita though.... I'll try to hold out for PS4 ports of the PC versions:
PS3 FINAL FANTASY IX (PSONE CLASSIC) $2.99
PS3 FINAL FANTASY V (PSONE CLASSIC) $2.99
PS3 FINAL FANTASY VI (PSONE CLASSIC) $2.99
PS3 FINAL FANTASY VIII (PSONE CLASSIC) $2.99

The PC ports are probably gonna be like 15$ a pop tho :(

ethomaz

Banned
how's wild arms 3 and is okami HD a good port?
There are battle crashes in some places... and there is one enemy magic that 100% crash (I use Accelerate + Escape when I find one).

Except that the game is absolutely amazing... great combat system (take note SE) and good story... I'm at the last dungeon.

I will do a LTTP covering all the issues late.

Is Megaman Legends 2 worth a shot, even if you've never played the original?

The game expects you to know the plot of Legends 1 (especially during the climax), so it's not something that you can jump into blindly as you'll get confused by certain plot points being introduced that was left in MML.

However, if you don't care about the story, I'd say the gameplay is straightforward and easy to get into.

The game expects you to know the plot of Legends 1 (especially during the climax), so it's not something that you can jump into blindly as you'll get confused by certain plot points being introduced that was left in MML.

However, if you don't care about the story, I'd say the gameplay is straightforward and easy to get into.

Buy it anyways, and either wait for the inevitable sale again of 1, or just youtube the plot of legends 1 since legends 2 is the superior game and aged a lot better.

Top Bottom