• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Index (Atlus) entering into a restructuring bankruptcy; looking to transfer/sell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marvellous AQL needs to buy them so they can make a musou crossover game with the Megaten waifus and the Senran Kagura girls with Teddie as the Master of Ceremonies.

AniHawk

People suggesting Nintendo are stupid or trolls. Yes, Nintendo has a history of publishing M rated games about the occult and post apocalypse. As for Sony, that would limit Atlus selling games on Nintendo handheld which is bad for business.

nintendo is literally making an smt game with atlus.

I'm really hoping for Sega Sammy to swoop in and save the day.

i don't think they will. they're bowing out of the retail space and going pc/digital aside from sonic and a few others. tecmo koei, namco bandai, and gungho would be the most likely ones. marvelous would be next.

failing that, you might see a weird sort of merger. idea fatlus.

People suggesting Nintendo are stupid or trolls. Yes, Nintendo has a history of publishing M rated games about the occult and post apocalypse. As for Sony, that would limit Atlus selling games on Nintendo handheld which is bad for business.

I'm really hoping for Sega Sammy to swoop in and save the day.
But Nintendo DOES have a history with publishing M rated games about the occult....see eternal darkness or fatal frame. Fuck, they're making a SMT game right now

RSLAEV

Yes, yes it is.

Well I might as well join in: Deep Silver should buy Atlus! Saints Row x SMT crossover!

Broderbund should buy Atlus! Mavis Beacon in Persona 5! Chie Satonaka Teaches Typing!

McDonalds should buy Atlus! Jack Frost toys in every happy meal!

Donald Trump Should Buy Atlus! real life Velvet Room in vegas, now with 100% more marble columns, crystal chandeliers and gold filagree!

I should buy Atlus! I've got like 5 bucks in my pocket, is that good enough?

DiresuDR

Well I might as well join in: Deep Silver should buy Atlus! Saints Row x SMT crossover!

Broderbund should buy Atlus! Mavis Beacon in Persona 5! Chie Satonaka Teaches Typing!

McDonalds should buy Atlus! Jack Frost toys in every happy meal!

Donald Trump Should Buy Atlus! real life Velvet Room in vegas, now with 100% more marble columns, crystal chandeliers and gold filagree!

I should buy Atlus! I've got like 5 bucks in my pocket, is that good enough?

HAHAHA You are so funny....no.

Galang

Banned
I would imagine it would end up being like SMT4, a devolution.

SMT4 looks really nice, but I'd be extremely disappointed at Persona 5 on 3DS. After being absent for so many years a 3DS followup would be underwhelming. Any HD console I'd be fine with

mcrying.gif

This can not happen. This seriously can not happen. Someone save Atlus from its demise! Hell, most of my 3DS playtime is from Atlus games and I am really looking forward to FE X SMT. Damn....

Holmes

Good for you holmes. What else don't you care about ese?
Well since you want to know cabron, don't really care for Index much at the moment either considering the story about them cooking the books from a week or so ago leads me to believe they played a large part in going bankrupt.

Linkhero1

Well since you want to know cabron, don't really care for Index much at the moment either considering the story about them cooking the books from a week or so ago leads me to believe they played a large part in going bankrupt.

Naming calling, nice! I'm glad you've found the appropriate thread to post your disapproval.

RSLAEV

HAHAHA You are so funny....no.

Just for that, I'm *not* going to buy Atlus after all. No, don't apologize-It's too late.I don't want to hear you crying about your SMTs and your Personas and your whoosits. You should have thought about that before you decided to be rude.

TheChaos0

SMT4 looks really nice, but I'd be extremely disappointed at Persona 5 on 3DS. After being absent for so many years a 3DS followup would be underwhelming. Any HD console I'd be fine with

I'm not trying to say that SMT4 is bad or anything, it's just feels like we went from SMT2 straight to SMT4 and SMT3 has never happened.

Can I just have an Europe Branch out of this whole debacle?

I've learned from years of experience that Atlus has an actual Euro-allergy that can only be treated when the allergen levels have hit a sufficient latency period. Although the off-label vaccine of cold-hard Yen and Dollars seems to work pretty well.

On a serious note, I double dipped on several Atlus titles to show support but I'm not some sort of philanthropist who will double dip on all your titles because you are a relatively small studio that has really big discrepancies between western markets and especially when the head honchos decide on region locking titles.

GulAtiCa

I hope they find a way to survive. I do think Sony or Nintendo would be the best idea for them. But, would mean no more games for other systems of course. So I don't really like that idea. No idea on the 3rd party companies that could buy them and still retain their value. I really hope Square Enix stays far away.

rockx4

It's pretty crazy that when a publisher\developer goes bankrupt you see so much shit in these threads. So many people sound fucken insane, its like you guys don't even want the games, you just want ammo to shit on fans of other consoles.

zeopower6

It's pretty crazy that when a publisher\developer goes bankrupt you see so much shit in these threads. So many people sound fucken insane, its like you guys don't even want the games, you just want ammo to shit on fans of other consoles.

I think people want the games, they just don't want to be forced to buy X or Y console to play them.

boingball

Hopefully they find a buyer for Atlus soon. And to avoid further bloodshed between fanboys hopefully is is someone else than Nintendo, MS or Sony. Though they would still be preferred to someone like Gree.

I would imagine it would end up being like SMT4, a devolution.

In what ways is SMT4 a devolution? Character models and environments aren't too far off from the SMT3 and it uses the same press-turn battle system with some tweaks(whisper system and grinning). Are third person battles that important?

If anything it's more of the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom