• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Index Corp registers Persona5.jp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ostinatto

iBSp0bdHUexiP.gif

tokkun

People wanting a college Persona should read this post. It's not going to happen as long as it takes place in Japan.

Yet you have something like Honey & Clover, which is set at a Japanese college and got a multi-season anime, two live action dramas, and a live action movie.

In general, the argument that college is boring is silly; it's not like the depiction of high school in the games is realistic. If they wanted to set the game in college they could just make it some atypical college that is more like the American experience.

Personally, though, I would rather it was not set in school at all. I'd rather have it be set in some kind of office environment

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Creating social links by streetpassing people on the street would be awesome. Bring it to the 3DS!

*runs away*

I don't particularly care if it's set in high school or college or an office environment. I have faith that the Persona team will deliver greatness no matter what they choose to do.

Apath

So...it begins. Man, I can't wait til the very first screens and bits of info start appearing in Famitsu and stuff.

My hopes:
-Bring back the female main character so I have an excuse to play through the game twice.
-Bring back a little of the darkness of P3. I loved P4, but missed some of the SMT dark, somberness from it.
-New revamped Social Link system that has more impact on the story and choices. Like have bf/gf you choose affect things more, have other characters acknowledge it.
-Voice the main character's dialogue choices. I can hear everyone else talk, let me hear my MC talk.
-A city a bit bigger than Iwatodai/Inaba. Just give me a few more locations.
-Better graphics and animations, obviously.
This is my biggest issue. You get a rank 10 social link, and suddenly when you have an irreplaceable bond you stop talking to them. Or you'll start dating someone and suddenly you never speak to them again. I end up just grinding through people and it sort of breaks the immersion of the game.

And a female lead is a must (at least as an option).

So...it begins. Man, I can't wait til the very first screens and bits of info start appearing in Famitsu and stuff.

My hopes:
-Bring back the female main character so I have an excuse to play through the game twice.
-Bring back a little of the darkness of P3. I loved P4, but missed some of the SMT dark, somberness from it.
-New revamped Social Link system that has more impact on the story and choices. Like have bf/gf you choose affect things more, have other characters acknowledge it.
-Voice the main character's dialogue choices. I can hear everyone else talk, let me hear my MC talk.

-actual dungeons that aren't randomly generated crap

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Imagine if it's for PS4. :p

bonercop

Yeah right. No way is this actually related to P5. You babbies are so irrational.

Luckily, there are rational, reasonable people like me who don't buy into hype so easily.

-actual dungeons that aren't randomly generated crap

-no 60-80 hour game if you can't make the whole thing interesting.

matmanx1

About time P5 got a reveal. It's been too long since the last new Persona game.

I honestly don't care what system it lands for although I expect PS3 (and maybe 360 for outside Japan?) at this point.

Hopefully once the reveal happens we won't have to wait another year for the actual game.

Imagine if it's for PS4. :p

and it still looks like a vita game.

-no 60 hour game if you can't make the whole thing interesting.

i wouldn't get my hopes up on that, but hopefully they will have cut down on a lot of the padding.
-if they choose to do a quest system, hopefully it will be implemented more along the lines of xenoblade, where the quest givers are clearly marked with icons and quests autoresolve when they're completed.

bonercop

BTW, isn't Index exploding right now or something? Seems pretty odd to make the site while the company is going down in flames, maybe this means they've already found a home for Atlus.

Yet you have something like Honey & Clover, which is set at a Japanese college and got a multi-season anime, two live action dramas, and a live action movie.

In general, the argument that college is boring is silly; it's not like the depiction of high school in the games is realistic. If they wanted to set the game in college they could just make it some atypical college that is more like the American experience.

Personally, though, I would rather it was not set in school at all. I'd rather have it be set in some kind of office environment

It's really not that silly at all. Yeah, Honey & Clover is set in college, stuff like Genshiken is as well. But if you look at the OVERWHELMING majority of media here, it's all high school related. Games, dramas, TV, film, books; a huge percentage all take place in HS. You'll have some standouts that don't of course (and those tend to be enjoyable and unique titles), but that's not even close to being the standard.

The nostalgia people here have for high school should not be underestimated.

Goby

Banned

My hopes:

Oh come on with that Bioware list.

Should only be 1 MC who is not voiced to save money. ATLUS shouldn't spend money on adding the opposite sex as well as voices.

Anything wasted on offering arbitrary choice is money better spent on the game (Most people overwhelming play 1 character, adding another choice is just too much effort for only 20% of people)

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
BTW, isn't Index exploding right now or something? Seems pretty odd to make the site while the company is going down if flame, maybe this means they've already found a home for Atlus.

Index is Krypton, they have placed their hopes and dreams in a space capsule containing Persona 5. May it reach us safely and better this world.

Meia

P3 already has an elementary school character, to fill out the list of shit characters who join after Koromaru.

Best battle music is Deep Breath.

There's only Ken and Koro that are bad. And it's not Koro's fault so we don't hold that against him.

And best battle music is Heartfelt Cry. :)

There's only Ken and Koro that are bad. And it's not Koro's fault so we don't hold that against him.

And best battle music is Heartfelt Cry. :)

Koromaru's the best character in the game, it's everyone after who's shit. Especially
Strega
, who don't join but are introduced in the back half.

bonercop

It's so true. Don't be frontin' with the truth.

What's worse is the worst part of the song gets hyped AKA BABY BABY BABY OHHHHHHHHH

the baby baby baby ooooooh part is awful, but so is the awkward mumbly rapping

whatevs, the worst music in P3 by far was that fucking dungeon music.

who the fuck thought having one dungeon theme for a 80 hour game was a good idea.

Koromaru's the best character in the game, it's everyone after who's shit. Especially
Strega
, who don't join but are introduced in the back half.

lol, Strega. They're the definition of throwaway villains.

Snakeyes

Calling it now, P5 will be this gen's Demon's Souls; a perfect example that you don't need 1000-man teams, 50 million budgets and Pocky sponsorships to sell over a million.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom