• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Index Corp registers Persona5.jp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh come on with that Bioware list.

Should only be 1 MC who is not voiced to save money. ATLUS shouldn't spend money on adding the opposite sex as well as voices.

Anything wasted on offering arbitrary choice is money better spent on the game (Most people overwhelming play 1 character, adding another choice is just too much effort for only 20% of people)
Well, I don't think it would be a waste of money. More choices make the game better. And having a voiced main character is not that much more of an expense. I just wanna hear my dang dialogue choices. No more silent heroes.

And I disagree about choosing a gender being a waste. I wanna play as my own gender dangit. Picking waifus is fine but it's more fun to date boys. :p

cryptic

It sucks how this has become the defacto series and shin megami tensei is getting- from what I've heard- subpar treatment. I always much preferred the latter series, but I'm happy the familiar team is at least producing a new game.

Meia

Talk about lightning fast! When I left this thread was in its infancy... you guys must really love Persona.

tumblr_mm9zbc4ucu1s763odo1_500.png

Snakeyes

Talk about lightning fast! When I left this thread was in its infancy... you guys must really love Persona.
WE BEEN UP A LONG TIME FOR THIS ****. IM TALKING WE AINT HIT WORK, WE AINT HIT THE GYM, WE AINT EVEN HIT OUR WAIFUS BRAH BECAUSE WE WAITING FOR THAT PERSONA 5. SOME GOT FAT AND GAINED POUNDS BECAUSE WE WAITIN.

kudos to anyone who gets the reference

And I disagree about choosing a gender being a waste. I wanna play as my own gender dangit. Picking waifus is fine but it's more fun to date boys. :p

I would not expect they'll include both male and female player options in the first release. It would not surprise me if that option did appear in Persona 5 FES or Persona 5 Vita-port though.

Snakeyes

p5 will be the same console generation as demon's souls though
I doubt it, unless it's cross-gen. The PS4 hype, coupled with the console's dev-friendly architecture and its relatively scarce early lineup seems like a perfect opportunity for Atlus to attract some new fans, especially if P5 is as "different" as Hashino claimed in that one interview.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
whatevs, the worst music in P3 by far was that fucking dungeon music.

who the fuck thought having one dungeon theme for a 80 hour game was a good idea.

lol, Strega. They're the definition of throwaway villains.

The series needs better villains in general. One of the things it can definitely improve on.

bonercop

The series needs better villains in general. One of the things it can definitely improve on.

Nyarly was alright. As were most of the villains in the P2 duology, actually.

But yeah, besides P2, they've all been pretty terrible, or at best: terrible in a fun, campy way(
Adachi and Ikutski being prime examples of that
) .

I always had Fuuka change the music to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olccNPVMRIE when I could.

Not an option in the original release :(

Aeana

Oh come on with that Bioware list.

Should only be 1 MC who is not voiced to save money. ATLUS shouldn't spend money on adding the opposite sex as well as voices.

Anything wasted on offering arbitrary choice is money better spent on the game (Most people overwhelming play 1 character, adding another choice is just too much effort for only 20% of people)
Choice of gender is not "arbitrary choice," especially if it changes the social links you can do. It's true that the number of female players is lower than the number of male players, but that doesn't mean it isn't worth it. Within the Persona fanbase itself, female players make up a larger percentage than average. Kind of like with Tales. In a game that focuses a lot on social interaction, being able to do it as your own gender and being able to pursue relationships in ways you want is definitely something that's important.

I doubt it, unless it's cross-gen. The PS4 hype, coupled with the console's dev-friendly architecture and its relatively scarce early lineup seems like a perfect opportunity for Atlus to attract some new fans, especially if P5 is as "different" as Hashino claimed in that one interview.
Dream on, if the game is going to come anytime soon Like 2014 , it will be PS3,360 with a chance of wiiu.ps4 and xbone port later will be more likely, not day one .

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Choice of gender is not "arbitrary choice," especially if it changes the social links you can do. It's true that the number of female players is lower than the number of male players, but that doesn't mean it isn't worth it. Within the Persona fanbase itself, female players make up a larger percentage than average. Kind of like with Tales. In a game that focuses a lot on social interaction, being able to do it as your own gender and being able to pursue relationships in ways you want is definitely something that's important.

Yes but voiced main characters are still the worst thing to happen to RPG's.

GamerJM

Banned

I doubt it's a PS4 game, but we'll see. Devs are probably more familiar with the PS3's architecture now and I'm sure there's a much more money to be made on current-gen systems. Atlus doesn't seem like a company to hop on board with next-gen consoles quickly.

I mean, I really don't think "PS4 hype" is a valid reason. The 360 and PS3 had a lot of hype and a fairly scarce early lineup, and Atlus went straight to the PS2 for Persona 3 and Persona 4.

.la1n

Hoping for a PS3 release if for no other reason than it would increase the likelihood this will release soon, I've waited far too long. While they are at it how about releasing Persona 4 on PSN or are they scared it will cannabalize P4G sales?

I doubt it's a PS4 game, but we'll see. Devs are probably more familiar with the PS3's architecture now and I'm sure there's a much more money to be made on current-gen systems. Atlus doesn't seem like a company to hop on board with next-gen consoles quickly.

I mean, I really don't think "PS4 hype" is a valid reason. The 360 and PS3 had a lot of hype and a fairly scarce early lineup, and Atlus went straight to the PS2 for Persona 3 and Persona 4.
mods have been hinting ps4 for a while now.

Pooya

I don't expect gender choice, if that still mattered to them P4G probably could get it, probably not a priority now. I imagine they got some kind of feedback from p3p too.

I'd rather have voiced MC and him/her having some personality and just be another character, it could be pretty fun in social links and else where with him/her responding and reacting Shepard style :p

SerRodrik

I don't expect gender choice, if that still mattered to them P4G probably could get it, probably not a priority now. I imagine they got some kind of feedback from p3p too.

I'd rather have voiced MC and him/her having some personality and just be another character, it could be pretty fun in social links and else where with him/her responding and reacting Shepard style :p

But Shepard was soooooooo boooooring!

neoemonk

I've been really looking forward to hearing anything about this game. It's been five years now since the last new entry. I guess I was spoiled by P3 and P4 coming so close.

Goby

Banned
Well, I don't think it would be a waste of money. More choices make the game better. And having a voiced main character is not that much more of an expense. I just wanna hear my dang dialogue choices. No more silent heroes.

it is a waste. In Mass Effect only like what 20-30% played female?

I'm not saying not to have it but an opposite gender MC (male/female) would mean adding more dating, more dialogue, different scenes, etc.

If a big company was making this then sure throw it in. I'm just saying that ATLUS is too small to stretch that thin unless you want to get P5 in 2025.

Adding voice is a lot of work, especially in these games where the party already has tons of dialogue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom