• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Indie Bundle Thread - There's another one?

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
New bundle up

http://www.bundlestars.com/

$1.25+

• Tiny Troopers (Steam)
  • Airport Control Sim (Desura)

~$5+

• Darkness Within (Desura)
  • Darkness Within 2 (Desura)
  • Adam's venture (Steam)
  • Adam's Venture 2 (Steam)
  • Armada 2526 (Desura)
  • Firefighter (Desura)
  • Mystery Title #1 (Desura)
  • Mystery Title #2 (Steam)

Underwhelming bundle. BTA totally not worth it at the moment; Adam's Venture games are among the worst games I've ever played.

Here's your gameplay:

GskTOTH.jpg

The only way is probably the illegal way or from a friend

Hm, that's what I was afraid of. It's so strange to me that these games I could have gotten for a penny are now legally impossible to get. :(

I think Mojang released a torrent of their game last Mojam, hopefully some of the developers will do the same this time.

xelios

Aw mang, beaten. :(

I guess if someone wants Dungeon Defenders with all the DLC that's not too terrible a price, if they missed it before.

zulux21

which games are repeats? and how can they be king? there are several others that have more repeaps than humble?

i know humble did dungeon defenders before, and I am pretty sure they did night sky... and there is a chance they did beat hazard but i think that was both groupees and indie gala instaed.

either way their android bundles tend to have a number of repeats, but well you get android versions this time as well... I don't own an android device yet but once I do... oh boy I have like 40 games for from bundles lol

xelios

which games are repeats? and how can they be king? there are several others that have more repeaps than humble?

Almost all of them have been in bundles. I think everything except Super Hex, and it's cheap anyway.

xelios

New Indiegala "Flash"

$1+

Miner Wars Arena (Steam)
Pathologic (DRM-free)
The Abbey (DRM-free)

$6+

Earth Defense Force: Insect Armegeddon + All DLC (Steam)
Miner Wars 2081 (Steam)
Paranormal (Desura)
Mystery Game (Steam)

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Niiice, EDF! Sold.

Did I read somewhere that it has a framerate unlocker, or was it just patched in?
You can edit the exe to get 60fps. There's a guide out there on the Steam forums. The only problem is that it's hard to go back to the single digit framerates of the console original.

xelios

Paranormal - I seem to already own the game on Desura so here's a Desura key in this e-mail if anyone wants it

I may finally get an Indiegala bundle now (just for EDF)
EDIT: how does their happyhour work or when does it start?

When it starts seems to be random. The way it works is you get 2-4x bundles for the price of one, depending on when you originally purchased. If you bought the first week you get 4x, if you bought after that but before happy hour you get 3x, and if you are just now buying your first bundle during happy hour you get 2x. Since this bundle is only a week long I'm guessing the 3x will not exist.

During happy hour you have to check the box that it's a gift and use the profile you used to originally purchase.

wilflare

Paranormal - I seem to already own the game on Desura so here's a Desura key in this e-mail if anyone wants it

When it starts seems to be random. The way it works is you get 2-4x bundles for the price of one, depending on when you originally purchased. If you bought the first week you get 4x, if you bought after that but before happy hour you get 3x, and if you are just now buying your first bundle during happy hour you get 2x. Since this bundle is only a week long I'm guessing the 3x will not exist.

During happy hour you have to check the box that it's a gift and use the profile you used to originally purchase.

I see. thanks man :D been eyeing EDF for a long time now, at this point bought -sacrifices one lunch- lol

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Oh great, I've inputted the wrong email address when making the IndieGala purcahse, so there's no email with the keys. They also don't provide you with a link when you finish the purchase.

I contacted the email support and now I have to wait to see if they can fix it for me or not.

Bummer.

Edit: Hey, it took them a day, but they fixed it! Sweet!

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
And another one...

Groupees Digital Game Factory Bundle

http://groupees.com/dgf

For $1 you get:
-Commandos: Behind Enemy Lines
-Commandos: Beyond the Call of Duty
-Commandos Men of Courage
-Broken Sword 2: The Smoking Mirror
-Imperial Glory (DRM free)

For a minimum of $4 you also get:
-Commandos 3: Destination Berlin
-Broken Sword - Director's Cut
-Praetorians (DRM free)

First bonus unlocked later:
-Commandos 4: Strike Force

xelios

Saw it pop up on Steam, pretty bad bundle but I'm not surprised. Commandooooooossssss.

chunk3rvd

How are the Android games used in the new Humble Bundle? My GF has a Galaxy S3 and her dad has a Nexus 7. Will either of the games activate on those or is this for the Android OS that runs on Chromebooks and such?

Also, for those games that come with a DRM free version and a Steam version - is that 2 copies of the game? Could I give the Steam key to my GF's dad and still run the DRM free version myself?

This is the first HB since I bought a PC of my own and not sure how this all works yet

bonesquad

How are the Android games used in the new Humble Bundle? My GF has a Galaxy S3 and her dad has a Nexus 7. Will either of the games activate on those or is this for the Android OS that runs on Chromebooks and such?

Cheapskate:) The Android versions are also DRM free, you download them directly from HB not the Play store. I'm pretty sure they'll run on a S3, but I'm personally playing them on my Nexus 7.

Also, for those games that come with a DRM free version and a Steam version - is that 2 copies of the game? Could I give the Steam key to my GF's dad and still run the DRM free version myself?

This is the first HB since I bought a PC of my own and not sure how this all works yet
You just need a phone that doesn't block .apk installations.

nbthedude

New Indiegala "Flash"

$1+

Miner Wars Arena (Steam)
Pathologic (DRM-free)
The Abbey (DRM-free)

$6+

Earth Defense Force: Insect Armegeddon + All DLC (Steam)
Miner Wars 2081 (Steam)
Paranormal (Desura)
Mystery Game (Steam)

Ok so if i want to play this co-op, remind me how their "Happy Hour" works.

If I buy one now... what happens during happy hour?

If I wait until a happy hour what happens?

If I remember right it is you get 2 free if you buy one during happy hour if you already bought one or something like that?

nbthedude

This is still really damn confusing.

So I buy 1 now, then I buy another during happy hour I get 3 for a total of 5?

xelios

This is still really damn confusing.

So I buy 1 now, then I buy another during happy hour I get 3 for a total of 5?

If you buy one now (pre-happy hour) you should get four bundles for the price of one at happy hour. At that point you would own 5 bundles for the price of 2.

Edit: Sorry wil!

Deques

If you buy one now (pre-happy hour) you should get four bundles for the price of one at happy hour. At that point you would own 5 bundles for the price of 2.

Edit: Sorry wil!

The happy hour probably wont be happening anymore. IndieGala stated that they wont be having anymore Happy hours. But I am not sure if it was for the previous bundle or at all

zulux21

The happy hour probably wont be happening anymore. IndieGala stated that they wont be having anymore Happy hours. But I am not sure if it was for the previous bundle or at all

even then this is just a flash bundle with just a few days left instead of a full bundle so even if they are still doing happy hours this one very well might not have one.

zulux21

new indie game stand game is up Doom & Destiny
Today’s Deal is the humorous take on the Japanese RPG genre, Doom & Destiny. This deal is taking full advantage of our site updates. Beat the Average to get HeartBit’s other games: Miner Warfare and SpyLeaks (with Desura keys) along with the SpyLeaks Soundtrack! The Top 5 Contibutors will get all of those games on an exclusive numbered IGS DVDROM along with stickers, maps, and more!

Doom & Destiny is an old-school RPG with tons of attitude, adventure and comedy! Nerds storm fantasy and it’s EPIC! Help Nigel, Mike, Johnny and Francis, four nerdy friends, to fight their way through the funniest quest they ever had!

Trapped in a fantasy world and mistaken for Heroes, those four nerds will have to deal with long journeys, hundreds of enemies, villains, super villains and even an Unnamed super villain!

More than 25 hours of gameplay, huge party customization, over 500 items, between potions, weapons, armour and accessories, over 200 special Powers and attacks to defeat over 300 enemies, an immersive and rich world, with tons of locations, cities, dungeons, secrets and challenges, Doom & Destiny is a must for every old-school rpg lover and video game fan!

Game Keys and Bonus Content:

Pay more than a dollar to get a Desura Key. Beat the Average to Heartbit’s other 2 games: SpyLeaks and Miner Warfare and the Spyleaks OST. Both bonus games come with Desura Keys.

Top 5 Contributors Prize:

The top 5 contributors of this sale get an Exclusive IGS limited boxed copy of Doom & Destiny, Miner Warfare and Spyleaks. Top buyers will also get stickers of all the games and a Doom & Destiny Map and Control Sheet.

source

This Humble Bundle seems to be performing significantly worse than the previous ones. A day and a half left to go and they've gotten 650,000$. Unless something changes drastically, this is going to end up being the lowest grossing bundle of theirs to date (excluding the Mojam bundle which was for a single game and lasted one weekend).

Is it safe to say that this is happening because there are just too many of these bundles now? Or does it reflect the quality of the games on offer?

The games couldn't be more meh and who cares about android?

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Those who don't use iphone care about android. Besides Apple could make it possible to let third parties to sell apps. But because of their strategy no one can sell apps to iphone

It's mostly that the games are repeats.

I have them all from previous bundles. I bought it anyway.

Laranja

The games couldn't be more meh and who cares about android?

I think the post you're quoting is about a year old, so it probably isn't referring to the current Indie Humble Bundle. :p

Still, I agree with you. I don't think I care for any of the games on offer, right now. The only reason I might get it is to get my hands on the extra games without having to beat the average.

Does anyone know when the extra games are being added to the bundle?

Top Bottom