• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Indie Bundle Thread - There's another one?

Indie Royale Lunar Bundle is live.

Includes:
Pid (Steam)
Cargo Commander (Steam)
Back to the Future: The Game (Steam)
Dungeon Hearts (Steam)

+ 3 bonus games to unlock soon.

It is quite weird seeing my first game as an indie developer in a bundle like this (Dungeon Hearts is my game). Or, I should say it's weird that people know it exists :p

Hope this isn't too spammy, but the iPad version is on sale for 99 cents for the duration of the bundle.

cicero

They should give codes out. It's like Steam not allowing you to keep bundle copies of games you already own, a decision I've never agreed with. If you buy a game, you should have access to it. Whether you already own another copy of it or not should be irrelevant.

http://www.reddit.com/r/GameDeals/comments/1d4tk0/indiegamestand_data_jammers_fastforward/
reddit said:
mgnade IndieGameStand Founder 1 point 4 hours ago
Our system is currently not built to split up a game deal so you if you already have WW and BTA you will not get another copy of that game. If you don't have any of them - you'll get all 3 with steam/desura keys. So if you want to get WW and these other games for a friend, you should gift them a copy and then buy yourself DataJammers separately.

I have the same problem with GMG and Steam, GamersGate and GOG give you extra copies to give or new serials with each additional purchase. At the least, they should inform people at before or at purchase that extra additional purchases will NOT add additional keys to the account. I guess a comparable Indie example would be how Indie Royale and its creator, Desura, only give one Desura code for each Indie Royale bundle that activates every game, regardless of previous Desura activations/purchases for the individual titles. I really dislike this though. I buy many Indie bundles, almost everyone I have bought I have split up the codes and given/traded them away, almost always giving them. Why shouldn't I get additional copies if I have paid for it? I really think it is the only decent and reasonable pro-consumer route to take.

IndieGameStand is a great reliable service though, their current inability to split up game deals shouldn't keep people from buying their current great deal.

desu

Good bundle, it's been a time since I bought one.

Wow, the only bad thing is that even with my not too high contribution I am in the top 10 highest contributers? That's kind of sad :s.

Wok

I guess a comparable Indie example would be how Indie Royale and its creator, Desura, only give one Desura code for each Indie Royale bundle that activates every game, regardless of previous Desura activations/purchases for the individual titles.

On a sidenote, the Desura key is the URL to your Indie Royale bundle. By giving the key away, you give access to DRM-free copies of the games, plus all unredeemed Steam keys.

cicero

On a sidenote, the Desura key is the URL to your Indie Royale bundle. By giving the key away, you give access to DRM-free copies of the games, plus all unredeemed Steam keys.

I had forgotten about that. Thanks for the reminder.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences

If you're signed into your Indieroyale account when purchasing it seems to automatically redeem them on your Desura count as well. Or at least it does for me; always tells me I already own the bundle when I try to redeem it on Desura.

kaleii

Nice, I've been wanting to play BTTF for a while now.

Also, next bonus in the Groupees bundle is HyperSonic 4

http://groupees.com/bagb2/

HyperSonic 4 is a high speed action shooting game. This is a jet game with loads of missiles, explosion and action. The player will take role of fighter jet pilot in intense story driven campaign. This game will pump your adrenaline up. HyperSonic feature both SinglePlayer campaign and teamed Multiplayer battle.

cicero

New unlocks in the Indie Royale Lunar Bundle:

The Sea Will Claim Everything
International Snooker
Micron
Well, if there was one thing that was "Lunar" or "Out-of-this-world" based, it just had to be "International Snooker". Who else saw this one coming from the start?

I actually really really wanted to try The Sea Will Claim Everything though. Almost bought it during the developer's Christmas sale. Wonderful bonus.

Well, if there was one thing that was "Lunar" or "Out-of-this-world" based, it just had to be "International Snooker". Who else saw this one coming from the start?

Possibly a spiritual successor to this?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lunar_Pool

LunarPoolNESBoxart.jpg

cicero

Wow! TSWCE and Out There Somewhere are great games.

I mistakenly thought I had bought it but actually missed the Indie Royale The Debut 2 Bundle. Hopefully Out There Somewhere gets included in another bundle at some point, that and Diehard Dungeon.

Wok

I mistakenly thought I had bought it but actually missed the Indie Royale The Debut 2 Bundle. Hopefully Out There Somewhere gets included in another bundle at some point, that and Diehard Dungeon.

Sorry, I was confused and I mixed up the bundles.

cicero

1C Company Groupee starts in about an hour and a half. Promo movie here. Boy that music makes me want to play King's Bounty again.

Apparently the bundle will include these, plus the usual type bonus material added later.
  • Ascension to the Throne (DRM-Free)
  • Men of War Vietnam: Special Edition (Steam)
  • Konung 3: Ties of the Dynasty (DRM-Free)
  • King's Bounty: Platinum Edition (Steam/GOG)

I am really loving these added GOG codes they have been including recently.

Same, though one thing to watch out for is that they seem to have an expiry date on them. I noticed it when I was redeeming Pid from the IndieGameStand deal ... seem to remember it lasting for about a year. Just a mention in case someone forgets they're hoarding any.

cicero

Same, though one thing to watch out for is that they seem to have an expiry date on them. I noticed it when I was redeeming Pid from the IndieGameStand deal ... seem to remember it lasting for about a year. Just a mention in case someone forgets they're hoarding any.

I am hoarding some I got from the Interplay sale that I am going to have to give or trade away before too long.

kaleii

1C Company Groupee starts in about an hour and a half. Promo movie here. Boy that music makes me want to play King's Bounty again.

Apparently the bundle will include these, plus the usual type bonus material added later.

First bonus will be Death Track: Resurrection (if they reach 2500 bundles).

I am hoarding some I got from the Interplay sale that I am going to have to give or trade away before too long.

Turns out a year might even be too generous for some keys. Just tried the King's Bounty one from the Groupees deal and its expiration date is ... June 4 2013, yikes.

Wok

Turns out a year might even be too generous for some keys. Just tried the King's Bounty one from the Groupees deal and its expiration date is ... June 4 2013, yikes.

I can understand the logic behind this: the point is to sell bundles in order to make quick money, but without devaluating the games in the long term. Take La-Mulana for instance, people who missed the bundle might be reluctant to pay more than $1 for this good game because there are still keys which were not redeemed. If the keys expire, then they have missed an opportunity to buy the game for cheap, but there is no other choice than buying the game at the current price, no hidden non-redeemed key might appear on any forum.

wilflare

crap... I better start redeeming/giving away my keys... I've left them for way too long -it's hard to keep track what's redeemed and what's not)

I can understand the logic behind this: the point is to sell bundles in order to make quick money, but without devaluating the games in the long term. Take La-Mulana for instance, people who missed the bundle might be reluctant to pay more than $1 for this good game because there are still keys which were not redeemed. If the keys expire, then they have missed an opportunity to buy the game for cheap, but there is no other choice than buying the game at the current price, no hidden non-redeemed key might appear on any forum.

I can definitely see why the vendors/publishers would be keen on this, especially for the reasons you mentioned. From my own customer's point of view it would certainly be helpful to be more transparent about any such restrictions, if only to save me the time of checking the keys one-by-one.

Also checked the status of the Topware Groupees Bundle GOG keys, for the couple I have at least - May 14 is the expiry date for those, for anyone else sitting on them.

gog.com support will renew an unused key for you if you ask though. I remember entering some giveaway on a site and not going back there for 3 months after the contest was over. When I did, I found out that I had won but the key had expired. A quick support message was all it took to resolve the issue.

Also, is there any way to install games from Desura without the client? I got the IR bundle just for The Sea Will Claim Everything and I'd like to give it a go.

gog.com support will renew an unused key for you if you ask though. I remember entering some giveaway on a site and not going back there for 3 months after the contest was over. When I did, I found out that I had won but the key had expired. A quick support message was all it took to resolve the issue.

Also, is there any way to install games from Desura without the client? I got the IR bundle just for The Sea Will Claim Everything and I'd like to give it a go.

Good to hear about GOG! Their support's definitely been helpful the few times I used them so that doesn't surprise me too much.

And yeah, you can download the game straight from the Desura web site - should be a Purchased Downloads section right under Releases along the right side.

Wok

I believe you need the client to download the game. You won't need it to play the game though.

Good to hear about GOG! Their support's definitely been helpful the few times I used them so that doesn't surprise me too much.

And yeah, you can download the game straight from the Desura web site - should be a Purchased Downloads section right under Releases along the right side.

I believe you need the client to download the game. You won't need it to play the game though.

Thanks for the tips guys. I actually did find a direct download option from the store page itself.

Speed doesn't seem all that good but it's only 160MB so no big deal.

Sysgen

0_o Ascension to the Throne Big fan of this game. Pre-Kings Bounty. Crap graphics but great TBS. Also couldn't invert the mouse when tilting the battle grid so used Xpadder and an Xbox controller with one hand and the other on the keyboard. Basically you recruit your own army choosing from a multitude of humanoids and humanoid like creatures.

Groupees also has a Build a Meridian4-bundle going.

3 games for $1 is minimum. 12 games to choose from.

Everything is Steam, unless stated otherwise:

Larva Mortus
Penguins Arena: Sedna's World
Crash Time 2
Pacific Storm
Grotesque Tactics: Evil Heroes
Scratches - Director's Cut
Greed: Black Border
Space Trader: Merchant Marine
Shadowgrounds (GOG)
Obulis
Vigil: Blood Bitterness