• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Indivisible: Valkyrie Profile/Metroid, Indiegogo, PC/Mac/Linux/PS4/XB1 -- funded!

Narroo

You mean, as say, opposed to Bayonetta, who gets progressively more naked the more powerful attacks she uses?

...Basically, yes.

For comparison: Fillia, Parasoul, and Peacock, compared to Ms. Fortune, Eliza, and Double.

I think you're on to something.
Actually, now that I think about it, I like it. It's a nice subversion whether you intended it or not. I'm not much of a fan of fanservice in fighting games - I'm actually in the Blazblue Es Character thread as we speak complaining about it. So, I like it.

Ravidrath

Ravi, was the mystery anime studio ever revealed? I may have missed it but the last thing i remember was it being delayed for an anime expo announcement in July. Did it happen?

As others have noted, it hasn't happened yet.

The studio in question wants us to finalize the contract before we make any sort of announcement. I was pushing as hard as I can to try and get it done in time for Anime Expo, but there's only so much pressure I can exert, and they had plenty of their own stuff to work on, too.

I'm told we should have a bid soon, but I had no idea how long negotiations and everything will take from that point. I'm hoping by the end of the summer now.

Having some experience in dealing with Japanese entertainment companies, I get it completely.

EDIT:
Just realized that it might be too mean-spirited to generalize an entire entertainment industry based on a handful of dealings. But those were honestly pretty frustrating experience.

Ravidrath

Having some experience in dealing with Japanese entertainment companies, I get it completely.

I'm glad someone understands, haha.

They initially told us we could announce it during the campaign, and asked for a heads-up when it would happen.

And when we gave them that heads-up, they asked us not to announce it.

EDIT:
Just realized that it might be too mean-spirited to generalize an entire entertainment industry based on a handful of dealings. But it was honestly a pretty frustrating experience.

Just about everyone I know that has worked with Japanese companies would generalize it to the entire country, not specific industries.

They really can be a bear to deal with, but I know it'll be worth it in the end.

Big0Bear

I can say living in Japan dealing with any type of business from a western perspective is difficult and frustrating. There is a certain way things are done and very by the book. But don't worry if you take the time and roll with it you can get things done!

As others have noted, it hasn't happened yet.

The studio in question wants us to finalize the contract before we make any sort of announcement. I was pushing as hard as I can to try and get it done in time for Anime Expo, but there's only so much pressure I can exert, and they had plenty of their own stuff to work on, too.

I'm told we should have a bid soon, but I had no idea how long negotiations and everything will take from that point. I'm hoping by the end of the summer now.
Thanks for the honesty. Hopefully you'll get to announce it soon.

Ravidrath

ajchnebwg5elgrch6cqr.png

New update today, focusing on the enemies in Fortress Vimana!

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/...the-creators-of-skullgirls/x/2363858#/updates

Ravidrath

So, when's the BackerKit survey going out?

We want people to upgrade when the survey goes out, so we're prepping mock-ups of the physical goods that didn't have any images in the campaign.

The mock-up of the campaign-exclusive physical release needs approval from the first parties, which is the current holdup.

Ravidrath

I've tried contacting these guys 4 times now and haven't heard back.

Anyone know of any way to get a hold of them other than the contact link on the indiegogo page?

PM me and we'll sort it out!

Sorry about that - it's pretty much impossible to keep an eye on IGG comments, just because there are so many.

Khaz

I just hope they fix the controls, as the demo is quite broken in that regard. Can't remap the face button for platforming without fucking up the combat controls.

Ravidrath

I just hope they fix the controls, as the demo is quite broken in that regard. Can't remap the face button for platforming without fucking up the combat controls.

Yes, this will be addressed in the final version. And, well, as soon as we have the new UI implemented.

Keep in mind that we made the prototype in 3 months, and what you got was basically a reskin of the Skullgirls button config because that's all we had time for.

Khaz

yep no worries. The controls were actually good when used on a 360 controller, but me being a stubborn ass refusing to play 2D stuff on anything but a Saturn controller fell right into the trap of the custom buttons. C to Jump > all.

Geedorah

Pizzaland level confirmed?
mind explaining?

We've been adding some new engine features to give our artists more flexibility when experimenting with different looks for the game’s lighting. First up, our directional lights can now project textures onto the scene. In the final game, this will likely be used for more subtle effects that these example screen shots demonstrate, such as mimicking light cast through stained glass windows.
Here are a few examples of the team going wild with this new functionality:
pXBW7IS2T4IvfXzY-JcEqlFkSl4vT_2cwnfcjeOIWZwC_bJbxdE5ZNkHa-2c6F-SKtEXXspOsm_B2iWJgrZv_ajJ2yjOACnvE9vKGZ3ZHUaRsVIC15y-k24YqBsrWgq4=s0-d-e1-ft

From the latest status update.

Top Bottom