• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

inFAMOUS Second Son Patch Out Tomorrow + New Photo Mode

MercuryLS

Banned
These guys are going above and beyond.

Meanwhile Naughty Dog charges $5 for a new difficulty mode.

Photo mode is ultimately a marketing tool, they'd be stupid to charge. That said, $5 for a new difficulty that ND is charging is nuts.

EVERY GAME SHOULD HAVE PHOTO/SCREENSHOT MODE

I really liked it in Dragon's Dogma too, thought that watermarked everything. I:SS's looks really nice

daveo42

Banned
This is a lot of good news, especially with me finally coming back to Infamous to finish up my evil playthrough.

ph00p

Banned
No fix on the audio issue? I've noted it and several people here have, where you have to turn your AVR on bust to get the audio to a level where you can hear everything. It seems like the audio select option doesn't work properly.

Oh wow, that Photo mode looks sweeeeet! Really shows just how impressive this game is. Being able to freeze a frame and move around and see all of those particles and details. Going to find a giant neon sign and drain it and use photo mode and stare at stuff for way to long.

Peterthumpa

Jesus, will this be the first game that I'll really get a Platinum trophy by enjoying the whole game?
Sucker Punch, you bastards.

psychotron

No fix on the audio issue? I've noted it and several people here have, where you have to turn your AVR on bust to get the audio to a level where you can hear everything. It seems like the audio select option doesn't work properly.

Didn't see anything mentioned about the stuttering/micro freezes people are experiencing either. A 30fps lock might have fixed that, but idk if a cap will. I'm really happy they're adding in cool bonus features, but at least make mention of the issues people have been harping on. Google Infamous Second Son Stuttering and you'll see it's not just a few people.

luxarific

Nork unification denier
So glad I saved my evil playthrough for the patch. My twitter feed is just going to be wall-to-wall Infamous photos.

Cess007

OH YES. Once I finished the game, I stopped playing (I haven't 100% it yet) to wait for this patch.

Photo mode sounds AWESOME.

Me too. I put on hold my Evil playthrough and the Paper Trail missions waiting for this update. It seems tomorrow i'm back baby!

Shin-Ra

An extra supersampling option with higher than 1080p output would be great for wallpapers but the SDK probably doesn't support outputting image files directly from the game yet.

Vire

Super cool, good shit Sucker Punch.

This is an example of some great free support to a game post launch.

Sucker Punch has outdone themselves with this game and all the post launch support it's receiving.

That photo mode looks sick!

There's going to be a photo mode screenshot competition here on Gaf soon that im one of the judges for.

So take plenty of cool screenshots!

Now that is how you do it. So brilliant on SP's part. Bungie has done stuff like this to such great effect. It allows for great channels of sharing among people that is the best sales tool possible.

Guess we all know what's going to flood the screenshots thread until the next big game.
Aha, you betcha! I'm drooling with anticipation. Photo-mode is going to become its own little side-quest for me, as I absolutely love taking screenshots in beautiful games.

gg, SP! I tip my beanie to you awesome gents!

Hoodbury

Photo mode looks great, can't wait to play around with that. Action shots now will become much easier to do and to get good angles.

Philippo

OH GOD PHOTO MODE(with instagram filters too lol) FUCK YEAH!
Now my playthourgh time will go up of 10hrs.

But seriously, every game should feature it in some fashion (at the very least the HUD off) because it's fan-fucking-tastic.

I hope it spreads enough so that other devs will consider it.

Vire

... and main quests

trollface.jpg

I'm okay with the amount of content within main storyline, but the lack of side quests really hurt this game. Paper trail is neat aside from last week's excruciating level of tedium, but it really isn't enough to flesh out this world. Especially since the actual game content takes less than 5 minutes to complete and isn't anything overly complex.

Top Bottom