• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

inFAMOUS Second Son Patch Out Tomorrow + New Photo Mode

Agreed. Should be built into the PS4's UI for use in every game.

That would be absolutely amazing, I can only imagine the quality of shots we will see of this game alone now that these modes exist. Now here is to hoping that screenshots will be allowed to export to USB along with video so I can get some of those 1080p direct feed shots in glorious quality! That photomode is great! Excellent work Sucker Punch!!

hbx7eIt.png

Damnit, Sucker Punch.
Sucker Punch pls

benjammin

Awesome to see Sucker Punch listening to feedback and adding free new features to a game after release. It's a nice change of pace from devs that release broken products and go right to work on the dlc instead of fixing their product. Obviously I'm still bitter about bf4. Infamous is a great game by a great developer and they will definitely be getting my money on whatever they release next

Gurish

Well I finally got my answer as to the stuttering issue that's been annoying the hell out of me and others. Unfortunately, it's not going anywhere. On the plus side, Michael from Sucker Punch was very quick to answer my email, detailed in his response and very polite. Hopefully some advancements can be made for future open world games.
Thanks for this post man, I've been following your posts about it as i am suffering from the same issue.

It's good to know that it's not an hardware issue and you, me and others are not crazy or having defective PS4s and it is a problem with the game that they acknowledge and other ppl just seems to not notice it.
Good to have a response, and lets hope we wont bump into such issues in the future.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
So thrilled that they've added the 30 fps cap. Can't wait to play through the game a second time this way.

The other features are awesome too.

Consoles screenshot thread to be flooded with Infamous pics again.

Seriously though, that photo mode looks great. I know I'm going to mess around with it quite a bit.

psychotron

Thanks for this post man, I've been following your posts about it as i am suffering from the same issue.

It's good to know that it's not an hardware issue and you, me and others are not crazy or having defective PS4s and it is a problem with the game that they acknowledge and other ppl just seems to not notice it.
Good to have a response, and lets hope we wont bump into such issues in the future.

Glad to help. Shame we're screwed, but glad my PS4 is ok. At least this issue prompted me to buy a better hard drive.

Gurish

Glad to help. Shame we're screwed, but glad my PS4 is ok. At least this issue prompted me to buy a better hard drive.
Do you feel any difference with the new HD in regard to this issue or in other games?
What kind of hard drive is it?
I'm considering this as well just that future open world games that needs to stream assets will maybe work better but I'm not sure it helps.

orochi91

Well that's cool but I wonder if players will come across stuff like this:

4U4aMg2.jpg

rRInbr0.jpg

ZubcWn3.jpg

I got into a long drawn out argument on N4G about this getting accused of being a troll. My username is Septic on there:

http://n4g.com/news/1492147/infamou...s-11-million-rendered-regularly-by-the-engine

So I had to do a rebuttal video with some video footage addressing the comments.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMJLODEEfDk&feature=youtu.be

Has this happened to anyone else?

Ouch. Something has gone terribly wrong; either your PS4 or game disc : /

-griffy-

Banned
Well that's cool but I wonder if players will come across stuff like this:

4U4aMg2.jpg

rRInbr0.jpg

ZubcWn3.jpg

I got into a long drawn out argument on N4G about this getting accused of being a troll. My username is Septic on there:

http://n4g.com/news/1492147/infamou...s-11-million-rendered-regularly-by-the-engine

So I had to do a rebuttal video with some video footage addressing the comments.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMJLODEEfDk&feature=youtu.be

Has this happened to anyone else?

I've had similar things occur. The LOD seems to get wonky very rarely, and buildings/objects don't load in their higher res textures even though they seem close enough that they should. And it's most noticeable when you zoom in to aim, like these shots, as it amplifies the effect/glitch.

As I said, it seemed rare in my playthroughs.

After watching your YouTube video though, I never saw anything as severe as that.

Septic360

Banned
I've had similar things occur. The LOD seems to get wonky very rarely, and buildings/objects don't load in their higher res textures even though they seem close enough that they should. And it's most noticeable when you zoom in to aim, like these shots, as it amplifies the effect/glitch.

As I said, it seemed rare in my playthroughs.

After watching your YouTube video though, I never saw anything as severe as that.

Ah at least you get it too. I was wondering whether my console was bugged. I played the game a few times and it consistently happened to me. Typical....my luck is so shit -_-'

KKRT00

Every game should have similar photo-mode, its just awesome community feature.
Photo mode and ability to slow down time by multiplier.

Just saw the Photo Mode tutorial video. That's awesome. Already thinking of areas I want to try stuff out.

You can move the camera around while using your big Karma attacks, yeah? I really would like to get a different angle on some of those moves with this mode.

coldone

just sold it back to gamestop for $40.

Finished on both evil and good. I hope they will put some story DLC and will buy it again in a heart beat.

Man after playing infamous, it is very hard to get back to PS3 games. Tried to play some of my PS+ back log.. every thing looks dated and washed out.

LakeEarth

Yeah I once found the exact spot where the Space Needle (before you
remove the DUP stuff from it
) went from low to high detail, so I kept wobbling back and forth, and it would make parts of it appear and disappear. I've seen the same with distant shadows. Just a quirk of the LOD system.

Top Bottom