• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous: Second Son Review Thread

velcry

It will be a metascore of 91

I hope it breaks that elusive 90 metascore barrier. It would signal that Sucker Punch has a critically-acclaimed hit on their hands, akin to other beasts like TLoU, Bioshock Infinite or the first two Arkham games.

30 hours exhausting all the content. 7-8 hours for the main storyline was reported a couple of times in the OT now. I'm guessing I'll get around 10 or so the first time.

If I can get 30 hours overall, I'd say that's pretty damn good. I'm planning on playing the game twice, like I did the first two.

jaxpunk

Beat it last night after scoring an early copy from the ebay guy.

If this doesn't get a meta of 90ish it's a crime. Game was super fun start to finish and looks fantastic for all the graphics whores.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
People will create justification regardless of the score, they just want to make sure people agree with whatever justification they concoct.
I mean I use reviews to justify tech purchases and the movies it see.

Some people legitimately use reviews to inform purchasing.

Enough with the polygon bitching.
They do decent reviews. Its one persons opinion anyway.

I don't necessarily agree with the all the Polygon bitching, but it's a hard stereotype to shake off, especially after how some of their controversial reviews read out.

Their good ones are good, but their bad ones leave a very lasting memory.

Is Greg Miller reviewing this for IGN? If he is that's a guaranteed 9. Expecting a 10 from PS Nation.
Greg has said on podcast beyond he's no longer a reviewer for ign his job is essentially to create video content for ign like putting all the podcasts on video now

just my option but I think he got a lot of legit heat for that uncharted 3 review I know most of ign at the time did not agree there's even callbacks to it now and then

Demi_God

Banned
I hope it breaks that elusive 90 metascore barrier. It would signal that Sucker Punch has a critically-acclaimed hit on their hands, akin to other beasts like TLoU, Bioshock Infinite or the first two Arkham games.

To be honest, in order to get an accurate metascore, people should automatically drop polygon when getting an average of any numerical score.

shandy706

Translation from the 8.5 review on variation in gameplay.

Too little variation

What's less fun, the variation in the game, rather, that is not really there. And this is exactly the part you think: here was so much more in it. In InFamous you're basically just a simple errand boy, who then returned to that point needs to refurbish a job and then go back to another point.

Meanwhile, you are always thwarted by DUP often in entire areas of the city is in charge. Shit is boring then additionally the amount of enemies that you will be attacked, though repeatedly entire armies are your graduated. The first few times it's great, because the action is so fast and smooth.

Google translate is freaking hilarious to read. It still got an 8.5 despite that. I wonder if any reviews will really key on it.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
Holding our breaths.

ibnkFJyFRoFqWF.jpg

breakfuss

And as I've said before, the numbers don't support the Polygon hate. They actually score PS exclusives above the meta-average, lol. At least last I checked.

Gurish

Polygon: The only game worse than Infamous is TLOU

Damn i still can't forget they gave fucking TLOU a 7.5, i know opinions and all but it's so out of place, even if you don't think it's GOTY at least you can appreciate the quality and give it an 8 out of respect.

Well at least in their GOTY awards it seems like most writers in their site didn't agree with this review at all and it ranked high on their list.

Top Bottom