• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous: Second Son Review Thread

I hope it breaks that elusive 90 metascore barrier. It would signal that Sucker Punch has a critically-acclaimed hit on their hands, akin to other beasts like TLoU, Bioshock Infinite or the first two Arkham games.

Me too, but don't think it will. to many "It plays like infamous" bs, What else did they expect it to play like? Grad games for what they are not what they are not.

Cornbread78

Polygon: "The game would dramatically benefit from a softer resolution rendering and rumble triggers"
-6/10

Polygon: "The above average visuals still can't hide the fact, that Infamous Second Son plays like a last gen game"
-6/10

Polygon: The only game worse than Infamous is TLOU. You're lucky we weren't around when Uncharted 3 was released.

Polygon: "Delsyn or whatever his name is looks like a douchebag. in real life i would want to kick his ass"
- 6/10

OK, these are too much, everyone is standing up prarie dog style trying to figure out what I'm laughing at in my cube... Keep 'em comin' GAF.

Footos22

I don't necessarily agree with the all the Polygon bitching, but it's a hard stereotype to shake off, especially after how some of their controversial reviews read out.

Their good ones are good, but their bad ones leave a very lasting memory.

People forget their Forza Horizon: 6 review all to easily and just shout "Moneyhats" at any time a sony game comes up before they have even released the review.

thuway

Since we are only one minute away, one review comes from a guy who is not a graphics whore and it essentially reads:

"This is the first next gen game and the most impressive game graphically I've ever seen."

Gonna be so good

ycUh8eA.gif

skybald

Metacritic doesn't mean shot so my prediction for the site is whatever.

Brace yourselves, reviews are dropping in....

Dawg

Just gonna drop my opinion here:

+ Gorgeous graphics, best I've seen on PS4 so far
+ Very fluid gameplay
+ AI gives you a decent challenge
+ Powers offer different playstyles, they all feel unique and different

- disappointing story, ending is anti-climax
- Only about six or seven actual characters in the entire game, including Delson, his brother and the final boss. Makes the game feel a little empty and lacking on characters. The rest are just random civilians and enemy soldiers.
- Only about six or seven different enemy types, including the final boss. And most of them feel too similar.

TheHall

Is this the part where we disagree with Sessler before we have played the game ourselves? (except for those select few)

LifEndz

Greg has said on podcast beyond he's no longer a reviewer for ign his job is essentially to create video content for ign like putting all the podcasts on video now

just my option but I think he got a lot of legit heat for that uncharted 3 review I know most of ign at the time did not agree there's even callbacks to it now and then

I could see that and it's probably for the best. His reviews were pretty subpar anyway. His dead space 2 review...just wow. I stopped listening to beyond years ago because he seemed hell bent on popping my eardrums with all his screaming.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Our review is up (full only in French) along with many videos. Very little spoilers in these, just read the text if you want to avoid any kind of spoilers at all so you can avoid the ones who show even a sliver of story.
Our videos clearly show the game runs at more than 30 fps, something like 40-45 most of the time. Many will think it's a good thing, personally I'd rather have locked 30 fps at all times.
Our reviewer liked the game quite a bit, even though it's not that different from the previous Infamous games, except for the graphics of course!

Anyway: http://www.gamersyde.com/news_we_reviewed_infamous_second_son-15112_en.html

Top Bottom